Name:  Marvelettes 743.jpg
Views: 1376
Size:  18.9 KB

Marvelettes

Name:  Marvelettes 745.jpg
Views: 2979
Size:  93.6 KB

Marvelettes

Thanks for the pictures. Katherine Schnaffer looks great as does Mary Wilson. Are the others daughters of The Marvelettes?

Yes those are great pictures. Thank you theboyfromxtown!

Lovely Kat Anderson Schaffner was promoting her new Marvelettes and "The New Marvelettes" sang Dont Mess with Bill and sang it real well. They talked about the music festival in Detroit this weekend and the awards show tomorrow night. The reporter or tv host is real annoying but its nice to see my Facebook buddy Katherine and she looks lovely. Mary Wilson was on there and was Mary loving the camera lol. Below is the clip.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/good-day/...60274691-story

Katherine also posted a clip on faceboook of her talking to Hitsville Chalky about the Marvelettes appearing in England this fall.

http://www.goldsoul.co.uk/index.php?...&product_id=81

Great to see Kat,does anyone know where[Wanda]is?

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Great to see Kat,does anyone know where[Wanda]is?
    Wanda is in a nursing home in Michigan home I believe. I oughta call Kat and congratulate her.

Thanks marv,i wish her the best.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Wanda is in a nursing home in Michigan home I believe. I oughta call Kat and congratulate her.
    That would be real nice but wait until Monday before you call. Kat is real busy this weekend getting ready for her R &B Hall of Fame award tomorrow night. Ive sent her a fb private message wishing her well.

I hope Sugar Womack picks up her moms award tomorrow night.

Is sugar the daughter of mary wells?

Mary Wells does have a daughter named Sugar. She was very young when her mom passed in 1992. Mary took her everywhere with her prior her death.

Yes. Mary has 4 kids but the one I love the most is Sugar. Ive met Sugar and Curtis Jr and there real nice people.

I guess I'm confused. Other than Katherine who are these women? Why was Mary there? Michigan tv?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I guess I'm confused. Other than Katherine who are these women? Why was Mary there? Michigan tv?
    Those are Kat's Marvelettes. Mary is in town for the Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame Ceremonies. What do you mean by Michigan TV? That is a local Detroit station [[WJBK Channel 2) they all are appearing on. Notice Spyder Turner there with them all?

Ok Detroit. I didn't know. So this is group of Marvelettes sponsored by Kat so to speak. Is it the only group or is Marchak still at it? I do remember kat getting some rights to the name

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Ok Detroit. I didn't know. So this is group of Marvelettes sponsored by Kat so to speak. Is it the only group or is Marchak still at it? I do remember kat getting some rights to the name
    I really don't know. I'd like to find out if the issue with Marchak is completely over and resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_raven View Post
    Thank you very much Johnny_raven!

Thanks for sharing John - I did not not know this group exist. Kat looks GREAT !!!

Name:  Marvelettes 747.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  91.4 KB

Marvelettes

Name:  Marvelettes 748 Brenda Michelle.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  97.2 KB

Katherine and Brenda Michelle

Chalky is bringing the Marvelettes over to the UK

Attachment 13169

Marvelettes

In response to Luciano

No

Delories Harris Gayle Yvette Turner [[Spyder's daughter) Brenda Buford

All the photos are from the Facebook site of Brit Hitsville Chalky who is bringing the girls over from the USA to the UK.

Now I have a question to all you folks in the USA

Why didn't anyone from America arrange this? The artists are thankful that us Brits care enough for them but it's clear [[to me at least) that they wished it was happening in their home country.

Incidentally, this site [[for American music) was set up by a Brit. It's such a shame that America doesn't seem to want to acknowledge its own home grown talent.

Attachment 13170

L-R

Brenda Delores Gayle

Attachment 13171

Brenda Katherine

Photos from Brenda's Facebook site

Wow.... who the hell is that Marshak guy? What a #€$£@¥&%!!

The case's conclusion:

The defendants' January 17 motion for summary judgment on Marshak's false designation of origin claim is granted. Marshak's January 17 motion for summary judgment on his false designation of origin claim is denied.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Lovely Kat Anderson Schaffner was promoting her new Marvelettes and "The New Marvelettes" sang Dont Mess with Bill and sang it real well. They talked about the music festival in Detroit this weekend and the awards show tomorrow night. The reporter or tv host is real annoying but its nice to see my Facebook buddy Katherine and she looks lovely. Mary Wilson was on there and was Mary loving the camera lol. Below is the clip.

Congratulations to Kat Schaffner. Marvelettes Fovever.

Thanks a million. It is amazing that this case which occurred May 2012 took 5 years to get any attention. Thank you Johnny for letting all interested Marvelettes fans know of the resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Now I have a question to all you folks in the USA

Why didn't anyone from America arrange this? The artists are thankful that us Brits care enough for them but it's clear [[to me at least) that they wished it was happening in their home country.

Incidentally, this site [[for American music) was set up by a Brit. It's such a shame that America doesn't seem to want to acknowledge its own home grown talent.
    Because Americans only care about what's new ... sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post

Always great to see the Marvelettes get some much needed recognition.

Did anyone else have trouble loading this clip? I tried both yesterday and today with no luck.
    Last edited by kenneth; 06-11-2017 at 01:40 PM.

What wonderful news about Kat. And speaking of Spyder Turner, this compilation is available. Some years back there was a link on this site to Sugar Wells singing that would be well worth seeking out. Name:  51DGqoHd5UL.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  60.8 KB
    Last edited by Mark Desjardines; 06-11-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Thanks a million. It is amazing that this case which occurred May 2012 took 5 years to get any attention. Thank you Johnny for letting all interested Marvelettes fans know of the resolution.
    Yeah, the lawyers on this site must have been asleep at the wheel! What's your excuse, Jobeterob...?

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Name:  Marvelettes 747.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  91.4 KB

Marvelettes
    Fantastic photo. Thanks so much for posting. Can you imagine what Katherine must be feeling, back where it all started, 50 - no closer to 60 [[gulp!) years ago? Has she done any extensive interviews? I know she was the main source for the book about the group, but she must have many more stories to tell.

But I guess this is a set recreation, not the actual building, correct? It looks too prettified to be the 2648 W. Grand Blvd. building.

huntergettingcaptured Guest
    Because Americans only care about what's new ... sadly.
    That is the one thing that gets me about the U.S. Once the music is out of the charts, it's ALL THE WAY OUT period. Sure, we have "oldies" stations, but even then, they only play the same handful of songs, the ones that have been so time-tested until they've become time-worn by sheer repetition. Outside of that, nobody here cares about this music except for a VERY small handful who aren't connected at all.

Quote Originally Posted by huntergettingcaptured View Post
    That is the one thing that gets me about the U.S. Once the music is out of the charts, it's ALL THE WAY OUT period. Sure, we have "oldies" stations, but even then, they only play the same handful of songs, the ones that have been so time-tested until they've become time-worn by sheer repetition. Outside of that, nobody here cares about this music except for a VERY small handful who aren't connected at all.
    It's more corporate America's fault than it is the fans and the general population. First of all, many talented classic artists cannot get recording contracts or just record and release music because they are of a certain age. Radio stations will not play them. Playlists now are very tight and stations are parts of huge conglomerates like Clear Channel etc. Promoters believe that all we want to see are very current acts. It gets so bad here that the general public never hear about our classic artists until they pass away.

America was always about youth culture starting back with the "Pepsi Generation" in the sixties and Be-bop in the fifties.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    America was always about youth culture starting back with the "Pepsi Generation" in the sixties and Be-bop in the fifties.
    These Marvelettes sound better than many popular acts today. Your are right Marv, we are dealing with the youth culture here in the US. We have no loyalty. There are a few older acts that still attract large audiences such as Cher, Stones and Paul McCartney. However, not too many acts can match the professionalism/stage presence of the classic Motown stable. The stage presence of Martha can't be beat. She can work it!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    These Marvelettes sound better than many popular acts today. Your are right Marv, we are dealing with the youth culture here in the US. We have no loyalty. There are a few older acts that still attract large audiences such as Cher, Stones and Paul McCartney. However, not too many acts can match the professionalism/stage presence of the classic Motown stable. The stage presence of Martha can't be beat. She can work it!
    Martha Reeves is a true entertainer that cares about her audience.

Katherine always towered above the other girls and that's how I could always identify her. How tall is she??