[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    I'm thinking that Cindy and Scherrie were at the Hollywood Walk of fame when theSupremes received their star, not the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but I could be mistaken.
    Just like Diana Ross, they were not there at the Supremes Walk of Fame Star ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    We all have our preferences

In the end, there are some facts about movies awards hits chart positions background singers being replaced money

A very few did very well- Diana Berry smokey Lionel

Many people didn't

Jealousy by them and on their behalf is natural and hard to overcome - Cindy did it and not many others

It doesn't seem to bother Ralph a lot that a few made a lot. That's to be admired
    Why should any of that nonsense you just wrote bother Ralph? Nothing you just said made sense or relates to the discussion in this thread. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    i shall try to dig out more information smallworld.
    I included a link at the bolded "this" in my original message. I'm not an authority on either artist but I remember hearing the falling off the stool story, and it's mentioned in the link as happening while both Streisand and Summer were in the studio recording the duet.

The link also mentions that Summer initially recorded Barbra's part to play to Streisand so she could hear the track's hit potential. That may have been played at the lunch they had with Paul Jabara, who seems to have been the driving force behind the collab, before Streisand agreed to record the track.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    They were truly beautiful women....!
    Wow, at first I thought Mary was Rosalind Ashford in that photo. Mary's looks are kind of chameleon-like; they change greatly based on her makeup and the way she styles herself. But yes, gorgeous as always.

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    I included a link at the bolded "this" in my original message. I'm not an authority on either artist but I remember hearing the falling off the stool story, and it's mentioned in the link as happening while both Streisand and Summer were in the studio recording the duet.

The link also mentions that Summer initially recorded Barbra's part to play to Streisand so she could hear the track's hit potential. That may have been played at the lunch they had with Paul Jabara, who seems to have been the driving force behind the collab, before Streisand agreed to record the track.
    You may well be right smallworld. I am relying on my memory! Your source may be more accurate than mine. I cannot honestly recall who it was who passed over the information. I wish i had asked Donna when i worked with her back in 2000. I have never met Streisand.

Marvin, Mary and Lionel Richie looking on. What a great memory!

Name:  Marvin,+Mary+and+Lionel 1983+Grammys large.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  74.0 KB

Marvin and Mary ?? hahahhahahhahahahaha