[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    There are folks that don't like otis,but i think that it's amazing that he has kept the temps[in their many lineups]going for 57 years..otis and the temptations forever!!
    I for one like and respect Otis! He has kept it going all these years.

There are folks that don't like otis,but i think that it's amazing that he has kept the temps[in their many lineups]going for 57 years..otis and the temptations forever!!
    Temptations forever arr&bee. It's great Otis has kept them going, but what about Ron Tyson he's now the 2nd longest serving Temptation now, which is quite amazing.

Wanna hear something strange,i never liked ron in the temps,yes he's been there a long time which is cool,but i always liked glenn better,i liked ron in the ethics.

Wanna hear something strange,i never liked ron in the temps,yes he's been there a long time which is cool,but i always liked glenn better,i liked ron in the ethics.
    You are reading my mind. Ron is a good singer no doubt, he just never seemed to be a strong enough personality to be in the Temptations in my opinion. Maybe that's why he's be able to stay in the group so long.

The Temptations didn't hit,after they left Motown,so when they return,it was strange,now when The 4 Tops left Motown,they hit big time,i still don't understand,why they return to Motown,The Jacksons Gladys Knight and The Pips, also did good,leaving Motown. p.s can somebody help me out? when The 4 Tops,return to Motown,they had a single,that i liked,they never put it on a album, i forgot the name of it,anyone remember the name of it ? it wasn't a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    The Temptations didn't hit,after they left Motown,so when they return,it was strange,now when The 4 Tops left Motown,they hit big time,i still don't understand,why they return to Motown,The Jacksons Gladys Knight and The Pips, also did good,leaving Motown. p.s can somebody help me out? when The 4 Tops,return to Motown,they had a single,that i liked,they never put it on a album, i forgot the name of it,anyone remember the name of it ? it wasn't a hit.
    Hi REDHOT, was it "Hot Nights"...? I remember that as being released as a single but then the album in which it would have been was cancelled I believe. Don't think it was a hit either. It's a fantastic song though!

Thanks you Tomato Tom123,this is it, i use to play this for days lol

This was from the album released when the Tops returned to Motown in 1983 [["Back Where I Belong"). I bought the album and loved it. I especially liked this one:

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    This was from the album released when the Tops returned to Motown in 1983 [["Back Where I Belong"). I bought the album and loved it. I especially liked this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWZ-N5h5TQY
    Yes, that's a very nice song. I also love the B-Side of that single, "Hang", a duet with The Temptations no less...!

[QUOTE=marv2;392057]This was from the album released when the Tops returned to Motown in 1983 [["Back Where I Belong"). I bought the album and loved it.

I missed this album was it becase it was not released in the UK. Thanks marv and Tom for posting those tracks I do love Melvin's voice don't think anyone bass singer could have ever taken his place.

Quote Originally Posted by McMotown View Post
    I missed this album was it becase it was not released in the UK. Thanks marv and Tom for posting those tracks I do love Melvin's voice don't think anyone bass singer could have ever taken his place.
    No problem, Paul. In fact, here's another one -- a fantastic mid-tempo tune...!!

Thanks again Tom another excellent track.
    If only Melvin, Levi, Eddie, David and Marvin Gaye had teamed up. Oo I get shivers thinking about it.

Someone please start a thread about the Four Tops 80s recordings.

[QUOTE=McMotown;392078]
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    This was from the album released when the Tops returned to Motown in 1983 [["Back Where I Belong"). I bought the album and loved it.

Really? They did not release it in the UK? Wow. I remember that Fall of 1983 Motown release a lot of albums because of the momentum they received from the "Motown 25" TV special. I bought this one, the Temptations new one, Debarge and several others.