[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    honest man Guest
    Dennis Edwards my fave Temptation,hope he is doing well now,cheers.

Today I heard Teddy Pendergrass’ “Turn Off The Lights” and it reminded me of Dennis’ “When The Lights Come Down On Love”... especially since Dennis actually compared himself to Teddy... and both are brilliant!

How in tarnation do you go from being lead singer of one of the biggest groups and doing 2 major TV specials with Diana Ross to being a construction worker in Cleveland? There has to be more to this story.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 10-15-2017 at 08:15 PM.

[QUOTE=kenneth;390857]But doesn't she talk about the idea of him producing her? I thought I remembered that.[/QUOTE

marys spoken about it but Marvin hadnt ever mentioned it before passed now so its marys word against the late Marvin Gaye. I dont think we will ever know the truth imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Today I heard Teddy Pendergrass’ “Turn Off The Lights” and it reminded me of Dennis’ “When The Lights Come Down On Love”... especially since Dennis actually compared himself to Teddy... and both are brilliant!
    Lights and lights...sure. Other than that nothing about one song reminds me of the other. "When the Lights Come Down" is very good, but on my personal chart it doesn't even come close to the masterpiece that is "Turn Off the Lights".

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    How in tarnation do you go from being lead singer of one of the biggest groups and doing 2 major TV specials with Diana Ross to being a construction worker in Cleveland? There has to be more to this story.
    Mmm, good question Circa. Maybe there is

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Lights and lights...sure. Other than that nothing about one song reminds me of the other. "When the Lights Come Down" is very good, but on my personal chart it doesn't even come close to the masterpiece that is "Turn Off the Lights".
    Oh I see how it is RanRan

As far as I know, the "Coolin' Out" album has yet to see a CD release though all but 2 tracks, I think, have seen CD release on Dennis Edwards "The Essential Collection". Have the 2 missing tracks been released on any other CDs?
    "State Of Limbo"
    "Wrap You"

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    As far as I know, the "Coolin' Out" album has yet to see a CD release though all but 2 tracks, I think, have seen CD release on Dennis Edwards "The Essential Collection". Have the 2 missing tracks been released on any other CDs?
    "State Of Limbo"
    "Wrap You"
    Hey mysterysinger, I don't believe they have. I didn't realise how many of the Coolin' Out tracks were on Dennis' Essential Collection CD though.

Well, the CD says “Essential” but I’m not sure how they could not include "Wrap You" when it's just so absolutely wonderful

[[I would normally insert a video of it here but there ain't one...)

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Dennis did not work on a solo album with Jeffrey Bowen. I don't want to get too deep into it, but Jeffrey Bowen had a "problem".
    I believe that Ruth Pointer wrote about that problem in her book