[REMOVE ADS]

Remember this brenda russell classic

In a world full of auto tune, corny raps, dumb lyrics and profanity it's refreshing to reach back and hear a beautiful classic like this

Oh, man, do I love Brenda's early stuff. She is one of our most superb singer-songwriters and consistently underrated.

Brenda is a class act,her[new york bars]is just c-o-o-l!!

Oh yeah! Miss Brenda! From Hamilton, Ontario Canada [[by way of NY) I saw her last year at the Monroe Michigan Jazz Festival. "Piano in Dark" is a favorite.

I'd say it's "so good, so right"

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Oh, man, do I love Brenda's early stuff. She is one of our most superb singer-songwriters and consistently underrated.
    How much do you love it? Do you love it enough when she was a part of "Brian & Brenda" with her husband? They hosted a music show together out of Canada back in the 70s.

Here's the one I liked most. From around Christmas 1977, "That's Alright Too"

Last edited by marv2; 06-14-2017 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    How much do you love it? Do you love it enough when she was a part of "Brian & Brenda" with her husband? They hosted a music show together out of Canada back in the 70s.

Hell, yes! "Please Pardon Me" was the anthem, even before Rufus & Chaka took it and ran with it!

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    In a world full of auto tune, corny raps, dumb lyrics and profanity it's refreshing to reach back and hear a beautiful classic like this
    One of my all timed favourite singer songwriters. Her first 2 A&M albums were classics as was her "two eyes" album for Warners. Not a dud track on all 3 albums. Her later albums were not so consistent but all contained a few gems. "piano in the dark" is an all time classic as is "le restaurant" from the same album.She did some good work with Diana Ross in the early 90's and i found her to be a very knowledgeable lady and i was very flattered that she appeared to be very flattered when discussing her career. A lovely talented and genuine lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    One of my all timed favourite singer songwriters. Her first 2 A&M albums were classics as was her "two eyes" album for Warners. Not a dud track on all 3 albums. Her later albums were not so consistent but all contained a few gems. "piano in the dark" is an all time classic as is "le restaurant" from the same album.She did some good work with Diana Ross in the early 90's and i found her to be a very knowledgeable lady and i was very flattered that she appeared to be very flattered when discussing her career. A lovely talented and genuine lady.
    You do know that she is Mary Wilson's best friend right?

Love this video.....

You do know that she is Mary Wilson's best friend right?
    I do not recall discussing Mary Wilson with her so why on earth would that insignificant fact have a bearing on my love for this ladies immense talent?

I do not recall discussing Mary Wilson with her so why on earth would that insignificant fact have a bearing on my love for this ladies immense talent?
    I just thought you should know! hehehehehehehehe!

I just thought you should know! hehehehehehehehe!
    Well next time you could perhaps inform me what Mary Wilson's favourite perfume is or perhaps what her favourite vegetable is. I love to collect useless facts on Mary Wilson. Hehehehehehehe!

Well next time you could perhaps inform me what Mary Wilson's favourite perfume is or perhaps what her favourite vegetable is. I love to collect useless facts on Mary Wilson. Hehehehehehehe!
    You know all you need to know.

You know all you need to know.
    You got that one right! There is a first time for everything.