[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes. Mind Body and Soul

Unreleased. Have you all heard this.?Love it! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QpO9NSxVev8

Album filler at best.

Not for me. Great vocals and that Motown sound. IMO

I think this was the first time they recorded a HDH song since 1967.

Interesting. When was it written? How u been Wesley?

Any idea who’s singing in the background? Sounds like neither Supremes nor Andantes.

Quote Originally Posted by mowest View Post
    Any idea who’s singing in the background? Sounds like neither Supremes nor Andantes.
    Sounds like the backing on the Suzee Ikeda and Syreeta versions. Produced by Hal Davis 1972. The Blackberries maybe.

This song was written by Dunbar and Wayne [[aka Holland-Dozier-Holland) in 1969. It was a hit for The Flaming Ember that same year, and the Supremes recorded their version in: January 30, 1970.

Have to agree that for The Supremes and Syreeta it is album filler perhaps, but I do like Suzee's treatment which is somehow a little different.

I have always been a big fan of Jean and her voice, but knowing this song by Flaming Ember so well makes me feel that she was a bit off melody.

its good, album track but not a single. Jean does a great vocal

I really like this song, never heard It before. There's a lot of unreleased Supremes songs in the vaults, like: "I'll Wait A Lifetime" from the Bad Weather Sessions, i never heard even a snippet of that song!

Quote Originally Posted by Weslley Francisco View Post
    I really like this song, never heard It before. There's a lot of unreleased Supremes songs in the vaults, like: "I'll Wait A Lifetime" from the Bad Weather Sessions, i never heard even a snippet of that song!
    Wow, Weslley, I have never even heard of that song! But I have heard "Bad Weather" of course and anything from those Stevie-produced sessions is bound to be good, right?

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Sounds like the backing on the Suzee Ikeda and Syreeta versions. Produced by Hal Davis 1972. The Blackberries maybe.
    Thanks, mysterysinger. I couldn’t find Syreeta’s version on YouTube but did listen to Suzee Ikeda’s. Background vocals and backing track sound the same as on Jean Terrell’s version. I bet you’re right about the Blackberries. However, no one can touch Flaming Ember’s version!

Had never even heard of Flaming Ember! Listening now to some of their stuff on YouTube... wow, fantastic blue-eyed soul... great

😀👍

If I'm not mistaken, this is the only song Motown covered from HDH's Hot Wax/Invictus label. To make it come full circle, it's a song penned by Holland-Dozier-Holland.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, this is the only song Motown covered from HDH's Hot Wax/Invictus label. To make it come full circle, it's a song penned by Holland-Dozier-Holland.
    Great point, bradsupremes! I wonder why Motown took interest in only this Hot Wax/Invictus tune, recording it on several of their artists.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Had never even heard of Flaming Ember! Listening now to some of their stuff on YouTube... wow, fantastic blue-eyed soul... great

😀👍
    Tom, if you haven't already, check out Flaming Ember's "Sunshine". It's gorgeous!

Wetbound number 9 was big in the UK. Here' a brief history of Flaming Ember. https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...SxIlkFFQZitiNQ

They also had several releases on Ric Tic of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Tom, if you haven't already, check out Flaming Ember's "Sunshine". It's gorgeous!
    Hey, Gary, I did, and, you're right, it is delightful!