[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes: Mary and Florence

Odd album cover for "the Supremes" cover for an album on Amazon...just Flo and Mary on cover. All formats. Anyone know anything?

I think it is 're recorded Flos versions of hits

Thanks. I wonder why they left Diana off the cover?

Hey luke, do you have a link for the album on Amazon? I can't find it!

Tomato.. I just googled Suoremes on Amazon and it was one of the first that popped up. Maybe if the Flos just put two originals on the cover they can get away with it! Lol
    Last edited by luke; 05-28-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Tomato.. I just googled Suoremes on Amazon and it was one of the first that popped up. Maybe if the Flos just out two originals on the cover they can get away with it! Lol
    People did not understand why Mary Wilson was upset by this practice......

I guess then they are imbeciles Marv!

Thanks carole and luke! It does look rather dodgy.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I guess then they are imbeciles Marv!
    They must be because they even tried defending how this kind of thing happens.

Product such as this is why I make it a practice to preview the tracks before I make a purchase on Amazon. If Amazon does not have previews for a certain product, I go to a site that does just to preview the product. One time I bought an album from Amazon [[mp3), and one of the songs was a re-recording while the others were all the original recordings [[and the song was listed as the original version). I contacted Amazon and twice they gave me the same re-recorded version. Never did get the original version from them.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    Product such as this is why I make it a practice to preview the tracks before I make a purchase on Amazon. If Amazon does not have previews for a certain product, I go to a site that does just to preview the product. One time I bought an album from Amazon [[mp3), and one of the songs was a re-recording while the others were all the original recordings [[and the song was listed as the original version). I contacted Amazon and twice they gave me the same re-recorded version. Never did get the original version from them.
    Imagine when a friend of mine bought all these "Supremes" CD's that were displayed near the check out at a supermarket in NY only to get home, open them up, put them in the player to learn that they were all re - recordings by the FLOs! The CD covers had pictures of the Original Supremes on them.

huntergettingcaptured Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Imagine when a friend of mine bought all these "Supremes" CD's that were displayed near the check out at a supermarket in NY only to get home, open them up, put them in the player to learn that they were all re - recordings by the FLOs! The CD covers had pictures of the Original Supremes on them.
    This is what is so frustrating about buying CDs sometimes-- these con artists know how to market a CD so you don't catch on that what's inside is a bunch of re-recorded material. Sometimes-and only sometimes- if you look hard, somewhere it will say in extremely tiny print that these are new recordings by the artist. It pays to eat a LOT of carrots so your eyesight is strong enough to see those disclaimers.

Quote Originally Posted by huntergettingcaptured View Post
    This is what is so frustrating about buying CDs sometimes-- these con artists know how to market a CD so you don't catch on that what's inside is a bunch of re-recorded material. Sometimes-and only sometimes- if you look hard, somewhere it will say in extremely tiny print that these are new recordings by the artist. It pays to eat a LOT of carrots so your eyesight is strong enough to see those disclaimers.
    You've got that right! Just last year my mother bought a 2 CD set of "Motown Classics" through some mail order company. When I heard it, I could immediately tell it was re-recordings by sounda-a- like artists.