[REMOVE ADS]

2013/2014 Japanese Supremes Releases

I recently ordered Reflections, Love Child and Let The Sunshine In and I have to say the quality of these cds are just as good as the Expanded Editions we have got over the years. Very happy with them. Next week I am goingto order Cream of The Crop. I'm thinking in the next several months if we don't get a confirmation of an Expanded Edition of Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland I am going to go ahead and order that one too and just call it good. I just wish Universal Japan would tackle some of the other albums like Together with the Temptations, We Remember Sam Cooke and Sing Country, Western & Pop.

Indeed. The Japanese releases are 'bare-bones' yet high quality. I love the expanded editions and greet them with the requisite joy and appreciation - but I ain't gettin' any younger and 2-3 years in between expanded edition releases means we'll get around to Love Child about 7 years after I'm dead !

Quote Originally Posted by aarondillon2011@gmail.com View Post
    I recently ordered Reflections, Love Child and Let The Sunshine In and I have to say the quality of these cds are just as good as the Expanded Editions we have got over the years. Very happy with them. Next week I am goingto order Cream of The Crop. I'm thinking in the next several months if we don't get a confirmation of an Expanded Edition of Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland I am going to go ahead and order that one too and just call it good. I just wish Universal Japan would tackle some of the other albums like Together with the Temptations, We Remember Sam Cooke and Sing Country, Western & Pop.
    I agree with you. What company [[web site) do you use? Many thanks. :-)

Do they have Right On?

longtimefan and luke, I obviously don't know which supplier the original poster of this thread is using, but I regularly buy from a company called "CD Japan", based in Tokyo, without any problems.

Use this web address [[English version, but link not included) and then create an account - www.cdjapan.co.jp

They only sell official releases, so no bootlegs, and the quality in terms of sound and packaging is second to none. Shipping too is fast and reasonably priced.

Many of the items they sell are known as "mini-lp CD's" in other words they are exact scaled down versions of the original vinyl album releases and where appropriate include whatever inserts were included with the original releases. The discs are made from what is termed SHM material [[Special High Material), which can be played on a normal CD Player and the sound quality is truly superb.

I can't say for certain, but I don't think "Right On" is currently available.
    Last edited by motownjohnny; 05-28-2017 at 11:16 AM.

I love the Japanese mini LP [[card cover) releases. I especially like the fact that where they have 2 albums on 1 CD you get both covers as accurate reproductions. Also, where an album was released with alternate covers - such as Marvin Gaye's "In The Groove / I Heard It Through The Grapevine", you also get both covers.

I just use Amazon to order. They one copy of Love Child left and the other 2 I ordered new from seller

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Indeed. The Japanese releases are 'bare-bones' yet high quality. I love the expanded editions and greet them with the requisite joy and appreciation - but I ain't gettin' any younger and 2-3 years in between expanded edition releases means we'll get around to Love Child about 7 years after I'm dead !
    Yes, I was a little surprised to see they were "bare-bones". I'm think I might be able to add annotations to the inside cover but with the type of glossy paper they used I don't know if the ink will smear.

I'm quite sure that the only post-Diana Supremes' album issued in this Japanese series is "The Supremes [[1975)."

Most Supremes' releases are out of stock at CD Japan.

Additionally, I prefer the ones with the obi strip and you cannot always be certain what you are ordering.

Not forgetting Scherrie & Susaye "Partners". I may be wrong but I think many of these releases are still readily available on eBay - brand new for around a tenner [[£).
    Name:  11646053926_23cc3ebd3f_z.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  60.8 KB