[REMOVE ADS]

Interview with Claudette Robinson [[of the Miracles)

To view Claudette Robinson interview it starts at 11:48 until 16.24.

Thank you for this Luciano! Claudette deserves much more recognition.

What the heck is her secret of eternal youth??

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    What the heck is her secret of eternal youth??
    Smokey's skin care products?

Lol. They look a lot better on her!

Thanks Marv! I have to agree with you about Claudette.

The Miracles singing background benefited very much with Claudette in the mix!

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    The Miracles singing background benefited very much with Claudette in the mix!
    I agree wholeheartedly.....I think it's Claudette's background singing that gives The Miracles songs that extra pleasing sound, at least to my ears!

She certainly did bring that something extra to the Miracles. Shame she never got more leads, Just love Wah-Watusi.

Thanks to Luciano for posting the interview with Claudette Robinson. She still looks fantastic and it's great she's still getting recognition for her great work with Smokey & the Miracles. According to the notes for The Miracles' Depend On Me: The Early Albums, the group wanted her to more lead vocals on the songs they recorded but she was more comfortable singing background harmony. Anyway, my favorite songs featuring Claudette are "Mr. Misery", "After All" and her duet with Smokey on "Wine, Women & Song" [[and let's forget her endings to "Who's Loving You" & "Here I Go Again").

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Thanks to Luciano for posting the interview with Claudette Robinson. She still looks fantastic and it's great she's still getting recognition for her great work with Smokey & the Miracles. According to the notes for The Miracles' Depend On Me: The Early Albums, the group wanted her to more lead vocals on the songs they recorded but she was more comfortable singing background harmony. Anyway, my favorite songs featuring Claudette are "Mr. Misery", "After All" and her duet with Smokey on "Wine, Women & Song" [[and let's forget her endings to "Who's Loving You" & "Here I Go Again").
    You're welcome Motown Eddie!

huntergettingcaptured Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    This is one amazing lead Claudette did that was never released. It's so good, I wonder if the reason for holding it back was Claudette's not wanting to step out in the lead spotlight more. This song may have garnered her a fair bit of attention, otherwise. It's a really beautiful song.

https://youtu.be/3d3gvYU1IbA

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3d3gvYU1IbA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Check out Claudette on lead here:

Quote Originally Posted by huntergettingcaptured View Post
    This is one amazing lead Claudette did that was never released. It's so good, I wonder if the reason for holding it back was Claudette's not wanting to step out in the lead spotlight more. This song may have garnered her a fair bit of attention, otherwise. It's a really beautiful song.

https://youtu.be/3d3gvYU1IbA

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3d3gvYU1IbA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Yes; "Father Dear" [[from Smokey & the Miracles 35th Anniversary Collection) is fantastic and could've been a hit single. We'll never know why so many of the great Motown songs got sent to the vaults [[unless we can get an interview with some of the people who decided these things back then).

Beauty+class=claudette

Just stunning as always. Thanks for posting!