[REMOVE ADS]

Did norman whitfield ever discuss-girl[why you wanna make me blue]?

I'm just wondering,now i know that maybe it ranks low on his list of temps songs produced but it was his first production on them and a great song too,just wondering if he ever talked about it in any interviews?

Good question. I have no idea. But that song is an underrated classic. I love that one.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I'm just wondering,now i know that maybe it ranks low on his list of temps songs produced but it was his first production on them and a great song too,just wondering if he ever talked about it in any interviews?
    I don't know if Whitfield ever discussed The Tempts' "Girl [[Why You Wanna Make Me Blue)" but it's not his first writing/production for the group. The first song Whitfield produced [[and released) for them is "The Girl's Alright With Me".

Is it?
    How about "The further you look the less you see"?

Ok,i stand corrected,i read years ago that it was his first.

I'm not sure but I think "May I Have This Dance" might have been Norman's very first production on The Tempts. Or maybe his first released production on them.

Just checked and "The Further You Look" was released before "May I" as the B-Side of "I Want A Love I Can See" in March 1963. "May I" came out as the flip-side to "Farewell My Love" in June 1963. "The Girl's Alright With Me" was released as the B-Side of "I'll Be In Trouble" in April 1964 and "Girl, Why You Wanna Make Me Blue?" was The Tempts' first Norman-produced A-Side single, released in August 1964.
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 05-15-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Is it?
    How about "The further you look the less you see"?
    You're right, my mistake. I completely forgot about "The Further You Look" and it is the first Whitfield production [[as the B-Side of "I Want A Love I Can See") for The Temptations.