12 SLICED TOMATOES - JUST BROTHERS
    13 AIN'T GOT NOBODY - BARBARA MASON
    14 HIS HAPPINESS - RHETTA HUGHES
    15 LOVE AIN'T WHAT IT USED TO BE - DIPLOMATS
    16 ENGINE NO. 9 [[GET ME BACK ON TIME) - WILSON PICKETT
    17 IF ONLY WE HAD MET SOONER - LINDA JONES
    18 NEVERMORE - ISLEY BROTHERS
    19 HEY MRS. JONES - RAMSEY LEWIS

Haaaaaa... Hearts of Stone on the radio!!! Never thought I'd see the day... well, hear the day

Be listening to this one tomorrow snakepit

snakepit like Tom saw Hearts of Stone in the listings and fell through the floor, but unlike Tom I could not wait and listening to the show at this moment.

snakepit gret show, definately tune into more thanks for playing Hearts of Stone. The Otis Smith track hinted of the Four Tops and another great track by Spooky & Sue.
    Tom tell snakepit another Motown act that does not get any air play is Bobby Taylor ha ha ha ha

Can be arranged McMotown 😀

snakepit you're a star

Glad you enjoyed the show..
    Previous shows are up on mixcloud..check them out....sure you'll find a tune or two.

Quote Originally Posted by McMotown View Post
    snakepit like Tom saw Hearts of Stone in the listings and fell through the floor, but unlike Tom I could not wait and listening to the show at this moment.
    You know what, McMotown, why wait!?? You've convinced me to listen to the show right now! Haa... I love me some Hearts of Stone

snakepit gret show, definately tune into more thanks for playing Hearts of Stone. The Otis Smith track hinted of the Four Tops and another great track by Spooky & Sue.
    Tom tell snakepit another Motown act that does not get any air play is Bobby Taylor ha ha ha ha
    Oh, definitely, McMotown... what a singer Bobby Taylor was! Such soul in his voice. But, yea, I've never heard Bobby on the radio either!!!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 05-12-2017 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Glad you enjoyed the show..
    Previous shows are up on mixcloud..check them out....sure you'll find a tune or two.
    Yes, McMotown, I recommend them very much!!! You simply MUST check out Episode 136 -- especially if you love '70s Soul -- it's particularly fantastic. Every track is great!!! Here's the link:

https://m.mixcloud.com/snakepit2648/...-shack-no-136/

Tom
    Here is a nice 70s dancer...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Oeb9IlAWwD4

Tom
    Here is a nice 70s dancer...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Oeb9IlAWwD4
    Geeeeeez, snakepit, where do you find these utter, utter GEMS!!!? It's Northern-Modern-Disco-Philly-Soul excellence! And I don't even know who Eddie Holman is... oh, man, there's just so much stuff out there to be discovered

Tom - you always get great stuff going; thanks!

All big northern/70s plays back in the day.
    I don't find them , but love to pass them on to others..these tunes need to shared around.
    Clearly you didn't grow up in the "northern" era.....or perhaps you were attending the wrong venues ha ha.
    You'll find great music...stick around😉

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Tom - you always get great stuff going; thanks!
    Thanks PNH! You mean threads though, right? The radio show is all snakepit's
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 05-13-2017 at 05:02 AM.

All big northern/70s plays back in the day.
    I don't find them , but love to pass them on to others..these tunes need to shared around.
    Clearly you didn't grow up in the "northern" era.....or perhaps you were attending the wrong venues ha ha.
    You'll find great music...stick around😉
    Haaaa... no, I didn't grow up in the Northern era [[feel like I missed out!) but love it all the same. And, yea, these tunes do need to be heard more!!!

Tom, funny enough I was going to check that episode later. Like Peace says you do get things going.
    snakepit when I started going to clubs in the early 80s in SE London they never played Northern Soul it was more Level 42, Central Line and Incognito. However I'll be listen be listening to more prevous episode. Oop being summond for chores ha ha ha ha

McMotown & Tom,
    I got the feeling you guys were a bit younger than me [[ who isn't 😢 ).
    That's why it's helpful to have a few regulars listening in...I can structure show to showcase:
    1. Classic Northern oldies....tracks that are standards but new to you.
    2. 70s/modern......ditto
    3. Beat Ballads....sublime 60s soul.
    4. Rarer Motown.….like Hearts of Stone and lp/b sides
    5. General 60s soul that you won't hear other than shows like mine.

Hope you can tune in...and , I believe the term is, "follow"..☺

snakepit I get the feeling Tom is a fair bit younger than me. I had a miss-spent youth following a certain East London football team. Back to the music I never heard of Eddie Holman until your show.
    Tom I'm sitting back now listening to Soulful Shack episode 136 and loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Oh, definitely, McMotown... what a singer Bobby Taylor was! Such soul in his voice. But, yea, I've never heard Bobby on the radio either!!!
    Yes, McMotown, I recommend them very much!!! You simply MUST check out Episode 136 -- especially if you love '70s Soul -- it's particularly fantastic. Every track is great!!!

Tom, you were right on the button yet again every track was great. It looks like we have similar taste. What about a Bobby Taylor and David Ruffin album what a duet.
    snakepit thanks, looks like I'll have to invest in a northern soul collection.

Surprised you guys haven't heard of Eddie Holman. He was one of the main pioneers of Philly soul in the 60's....artist and song writer.
    He had a number of NS plays, and carried it on into the 70s.
    He had a huge pop hit with a cover of a song by Ruby and the Romantics , "Hey there lonely girl [[guy)" in the early 70s.

Try this classic NS oldie....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RXpFkpr7YyM

Another classic NS tune from Eddie
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot5KMhcReEk

Nice beat ballad...he made a lot of great records...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL0...&v=MwUyCrtz6v4

Tom, funny enough I was going to check that episode later. Like Peace says you do get things going.
    snakepit when I started going to clubs in the early 80s in SE London they never played Northern Soul it was more Level 42, Central Line and Incognito. However I'll be listen be listening to more prevous episode. Oop being summond for chores ha ha ha ha
    Hey, thanks guys! I do try... lol
    And I don't even know who those groups are, McMotown [[apart from Incognito)... there's just sooo much music
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 05-13-2017 at 05:29 PM.

McMotown & Tom,
    I got the feeling you guys were a bit younger than me [[ who isn't 😢 ).
    That's why it's helpful to have a few regulars listening in...I can structure show to showcase:
    1. Classic Northern oldies....tracks that are standards but new to you.
    2. 70s/modern......ditto
    3. Beat Ballads....sublime 60s soul.
    4. Rarer Motown.….like Hearts of Stone and lp/b sides
    5. General 60s soul that you won't hear other than shows like mine.

Hope you can tune in...and , I believe the term is, "follow"..☺
    Sounds great, snakepit! I particularly love the sound of 1, 2 and 4!!!! And I will definitely try to tune in and follow the show

snakepit I get the feeling Tom is a fair bit younger than me. I had a miss-spent youth following a certain East London football team. Back to the music I never heard of Eddie Holman until your show.
    Tom I'm sitting back now listening to Soulful Shack episode 136 and loving it.
    Hehe... yes, McMotown, I probably am younger than yourself... just feel like I missed out! Oh well

I had never heard of Eddie before, McMotown, which is odd considering he did have a huge hit record in "Hey There Lonely Girl" which made #4 on the UK Charts! Listening now [[it's so pretty!) I can confirm I had previously never heard it before...!

Glad you're enjoying the show too, McMotown; I was just shocked at how amazing every single track was!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 05-13-2017 at 05:40 PM.

Tom, you were right on the button yet again every track was great. It looks like we have similar taste. What about a Bobby Taylor and David Ruffin album what a duet.
    snakepit thanks, looks like I'll have to invest in a northern soul collection.
    Hey, McMotown, I'm so glad you liked them! And it looks like we do have a similar musical taste... good taste!!!

McMotown, sorry that this is slightly irrelevant but your mentioning of a 'duet' album between Bobby Taylor and David Ruffin reminded me that they actually DID do a duet together on the song "Just Seven Numbers"...!!!!

If you haven't heard the song before you will probably be so disappointed with it but, trust me, "Seven Numbers" is the definition of a 'grower'...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IO52l9xM8X4

[[The sound quality on this video is not great as well)

Hey, McMotown, I'm so glad you liked them! And it looks like we do have a similar musical taste... good taste!!!

McMotown, sorry that this is slightly irrelevant but your mentioning of a 'duet' album between Bobby Taylor and David Ruffin reminded me that they actually DID do a duet together on the song "Just Seven Numbers"...!!!!

If you haven't heard the song before you will probably be so disappointed with it but, trust me, "Seven Numbers" is the definition of a 'grower'...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IO52l9xM8X4

[[The sound quality on this video is not great as well)
    thanks Tom yes I've got the 'Motown Sings Motown Treasures'
    Maybe we could ask Snakepit to play that track and Bobby Taylor and the Vancouvers 'Baby I'm For Real' on his next Soulful Shack ha ha ha ha

thanks Tom yes I've got the 'Motown Sings Motown Treasures'
    Maybe we could ask Snakepit to play that track and Bobby Taylor and the Vancouvers 'Baby I'm For Real' on his next Soulful Shack ha ha ha ha
    Oh, yea, that one is both fantastic and confusing in equal measure!!! I want to start signing "Baby, I'm For Real" but then Bobby belts out the words to "The Bells"...

Oh, yea, that one is both fantastic and confusing in equal measure!!! I want to start signing "Baby, I'm For Real" but then Bobby belts out the words to "The Bells"...
    Tom what's it to be - Bobby Taylor and the Bells or the Orignals Baby I'm for real both fantastic

Tom what's it to be - Bobby Taylor and the Bells or the Orignals Baby I'm for real both fantastic
    Oh, I have to go with The Originals on that one, McMotown... "Baby, I'm For Real" is just heavenly

Oh, I have to go with The Originals on that one, McMotown... "Baby, I'm For Real" is just heavenly
    I know exactly what you mean and feel the same way it is sublime, but at this moment Bobby Taylor is in front by a whisker.

I know exactly what you mean and feel the same way it is sublime, but at this moment Bobby Taylor is in front by a whisker.
    Here, for you two chatterboxes, is Bobby Taylor at 80

thanks soulwally bet Linonel Richie won't be as good as that at 80.
    What do you reckon Tom my little chatterbox mate ha ha ha ha.
    More Bobby Taylor and the Hearts of Stone and all the other unsung heroes of Motown please.

Do you Bobby Taylor fans know this NS biggie?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P56RwvzjUIo

Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    Here, for you two chatterboxes, is Bobby Taylor at 80
    Haaaa... yea, I guess we are... and I love it

Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    Thank you soulwally, that is so wonderful!! Bobby looks and sounds fantastic! Ariane is really quite amazing for a six year old, and she is very cute.
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 05-17-2017 at 07:39 PM.

thanks soulwally bet Linonel Richie won't be as good as that at 80.
    What do you reckon Tom my little chatterbox mate ha ha ha ha.
    More Bobby Taylor and the Hearts of Stone and all the other unsung heroes of Motown please.
    Haha... McMotown, I love these chats! They are great.

Do you Bobby Taylor fans know this NS biggie?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P56RwvzjUIo
    Not familiar with Bobby's post-Motown stuff at all really, snakepit, but this is so fantastic!

Snakepit I'd never heard any of Bobby's suff outside Motown this is amazing stuff going to have to try and look up more Bobby stuff. Do you know if he released any albums outside Motown?
    Tom keep on chatting as I'm obviously a lone Motown person over here, my mates tell me to broaden my love of music, well I have thanks to snakepit's soulful shack
    Last edited by McMotown; 05-16-2017 at 02:07 PM.

McMotown
    I'm not sure about Bobby Taylor regarding post Motown Albums.
    As a Motown collector, I have his Anthology .

I have to admit he's not my favourite Motown artist. I love some of his tracks..."So this is love", "One girl" , "Does your mama know about me"...a few more also.
    The unissued tracks on the anthology didn't do too much for me ....but as a Motown fan, I was delighted to have them.

thanks snakepit IMO those tracks are fantastic, yeah I have the anthology to and I managed to get the vinyl to of BT & the Vancouvers. great album I think. thanks again.

Hey McMotown & snakepit, I had a check and Bobby did not record any more solo albums after he left Motown. His 1969 Taylor Made Soul album on Gordy is his only ever solo LP. Bobby did, however, record a handful of singles for various different labels after leaving Motown, as snakepit has wonderfully evidenced!

Additionally, in the late 1980s Bobby reformed The Vancouvers and recorded for Ian Levine's Motorcity label. Bobby and his 'new' Vancouvers released one album on Motorcity, entitled Find My Way Back, in 1990. I haven't really listened to much of it so can't tell you what it is like. Bobby was [[and still is) in FINE voice, that's for sure!

Hey guys, I have thought this for a while... is it just me or does Bobby Taylor sound quite like Luther Vandross??! They both have those incredibly soulful, soaring tenor voices...

Hi Tom I see where you're coming from love both the way there voices soar busy comparing both of them 'I am your Man' and 'House Is Not Home'. and can quite easily imagine both singing each others songs. BTW Luther is Mrs Mc's favourite and her all time is fave is 'I Know' with Stevie Wonder on Harmonica

Nice! Hey, McMotown, that radio show I told you about, Mi-Soul, had a segment today entitled 'The A to Z of Mi-Soul Music' and today's letter was... V!! They counted down the Top Ten Luther Vandross songs and did a mini bio about him, as well as some random trivia facts. Did you know Luther's middle name is 'Ronzoni'... named after the only thing his mum could keep down while she was pregnant... Ronzoni pasta!!

Oh, they also played a Velvelettes song!!!! The guy on the show actually said 'The Velvelettes' out loud and the family agreed at what a great name it was. He even said they played an Undisputed Truth song on last week's episode [[U!) and I nearly died right there and then.

Sorry, I'm rambling again!! Thanks for agreeing about the comparison, McMotown, they were both just amazing soulful singers. I think "A House Is Not A Home" was #3 on their list by the way.

Yes I remember you saying about Mi-Soul must admit forgot all about it. Is it digital station or Internet.
    Wow they said the Velvelettes on radio and Undisputed Truth whatever next Bobby Taylor, hahaha.
    been listening to snakepit no134 wonder when he'll do 138

Yea, sorry, McMotown, I forgot to mention it is digitial only... I think. Been listening quite a bit lately and they do play an annoying amount of reggae and rather soulless dance tunes, but apart from that, they're pretty good. I believe a bit called 'The Soul Kitchen' is on tomorrow morning, which was great when it was on last week.

And, yea, The Velvelettes AND The Undisputed Truth!!! I had to seek out the 'U' episode just to hear The Truth on a radio show and it turns out there are loads of prior episodes on Mixcloud! Here's the link: https://m.mixcloud.com/MiSoul/