[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hey Midnight Johnny! Post a show thread for us [[please)

MJ,
    I can only guess why you stopped posting your "Nightflight Tues, May 2 9PM-12M ..." threads, but would you mind rejoining the tradition just for tonight's A Go Go show?

I'd love to live blog it. There are many of us here at SDF who want to express our appreciation to Andy, George, Kevin and Harry.

[[I've been listening almost every Tuesday).

Why wouldn't he post the program announcements here? I usually forgot to listen unless I see the reminders.

I don't know. Maybe lack of posts? I know the last few I posted on only had one or two other people commenting.

I will definitely hear the show tonight. Love to hear Midnight Johnny show.

From John's Facebook page: May 2 9-12M ET on Nightflight, on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown, webcasting at www.womr.org...

Lorne is in the house too.

I love Heat Wave...the violins rock it.

Ok so let's make this the default show thread.

Diana's voice is very sexy in the lower register, on Love is Like an Itching.... Like it. Loved Boots and Snoopy too....don't know why they didn't use those versions.

The handclaps on Boots are outrageous. I can't believe they didn't use it on the stereo Lp given the kazoos on Itching on the stereo Lp.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    The handclaps on Boots are outrageous. I can't believe they didn't use it on the stereo Lp given the kazoos on Itching on the stereo Lp.
    I totally agree! I never liked that version of the song until this CD came out and it's fabulous! The clapping adds a great deal and makes it just jump out at you.

what is John's facebook page under. I couldn't find it.

Search "John P Perrone" on Facebook.

I usually have a million questions but am so excited to hear this I can't think of anything.

edit: of course I have a question: who do we have to aggravate at Universal to make sure you two can do the HDH set?
    Last edited by thanxal; 05-02-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks Thanxal

My internet went down last night and I missed the show...ARGH!!! Any chance it will be repeated?

Check the WOMR website, I think I saw that they do post them. It was a very good show. I'm not sure how to communicate with midnight johnny, he doesn't seem to be here anymore, but he did say people were sending him questions. I never did figure it out. Does anyone know what happened to his reminders and contributions to Soulful Detroit?

Folks.....thanks for the interest in my absence. Probably 6 to 8 months ago, I was continuously dishearted about the contentiousness and negativism some were bringing to the forum. SO I made myself scarce, not wanting to read it or to be a part of it. And I thought I would continue to post the promos for "Nightflight". But then I was finding there seemed to be no real interest....no postings on my promos...no responses...nothing. So since there seemed to be no interest....I made myself a bit scarcer and used Facebook as my promo focus and that's where most of my show's activity lies. But when you get no responses like it had been on SDF...it's hard to know if you are interested. If folks are interested, I can certainly post my shows promos here. A number of you have been very kind to me for quite a while, and I do appreciate it. Let me know...and thanks!
    PS...the Andy/George/A' Go Go show I aired last night sadly didn't get archived on our station's archive site. Sorry if you missed it. I will air it again at some point in the future...not that soon...but I will do it. Thanks again. John

I have never listened to this show before... can you give me a brief explanation as to what it's about, and how/where/when I can listen to it....? Obviously it's Motown-related so it sounds good!! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    Folks.....thanks for the interest in my absence. Probably 6 to 8 months ago, I was continuously dishearted about the contentiousness and negativism some were bringing to the forum. SO I made myself scarce, not wanting to read it or to be a part of it. And I thought I would continue to post the promos for "Nightflight". But then I was finding there seemed to be no real interest....no postings on my promos...no responses...nothing. So since there seemed to be no interest....I made myself a bit scarcer and used Facebook as my promo focus and that's where most of my show's activity lies. But when you get no responses like it had been on SDF...it's hard to know if you are interested. If folks are interested, I can certainly post my shows promos here. A number of you have been very kind to me for quite a while, and I do appreciate it. Let me know...and thanks!
    PS...the Andy/George/A' Go Go show I aired last night sadly didn't get archived on our station's archive site. Sorry if you missed it. I will air it again at some point in the future...not that soon...but I will do it. Thanks again. John
    John
    I completely understand. I took a break from posting last year due to the fighting on seemingly every thread. Often, though, your "Nightflight" thread reminded me to listen, even if I didn't post on it. I also think it is valuable for new members to see.
    Your loyal listener
    Thanxal

Love your shows MJ. I remember people being Interested here but I'm not sure of time frame. I remember a lot of interest about Scherrie and Susaye Partners. Please keep them coming !

[QUOTE]the Andy/George/A' Go Go show I aired last night sadly didn't get archived on our station's archive site. Sorry if you missed it. I will air it again at some point in the future...not that soon...but I will do it. Thanks again. John[/QUOTE]

Any chance any one taped it live? I have all the past ones saved and am really sad to miss this one as they are always wonderful, wonderful! Of course, that's great about the eventual re-airing; will you please give us a heads up when you do?

Thanks Midnight Johnny. I don't blame you one bit. Just wanted to let you know your show last night was awesome. Thank you for all you do.

Did they mention anything about H/D/H coming out on cd?

Will you post your Facebook link so I can subscribe to your page. Always enjoyed your show.
    Thanks

Tom...on "Nightflight" I play mostly Motown and mostly the tracks rare to radio. I also play other 60s and 70s music, occasionally show-long tributes to Dusty Springfield, Brill Building, Jimmy Webb and others. The radio station, WOMR, is community and business supported, non-commercial [[like NPR) which allows me great latitude in what I can play. I've hosted the show for almost 19 years. I've been honored to have interviews with Cal Street and Bertha Barbee [[Velvelettes), Claudette Robinson, Mary WIlson, Scherrie Payne, Susaye Greene, Janie Bradford, Pete Moore, Blinky and others, and joyously have Andy Skurow, George Solomon, and Harry Weinger on to promote new Universal releases. "Nightflight" is on every Tuesday night on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and webcasting at www.womr.org THAT was my resume [[*smile).

John
    I completely understand. I took a break from posting last year due to the fighting on seemingly every thread. Often, though, your "Nightflight" thread reminded me to listen, even if I didn't post on it. I also think it is valuable for new members to see.
    Your loyal listener
    Thanxal
    Thanks,Thanxal...much appreciated! John

Tom...on "Nightflight" I play mostly Motown and mostly the tracks rare to radio. I also play other 60s and 70s music, occasionally show-long tributes to Dusty Springfield, Brill Building, Jimmy Webb and others. The radio station, WOMR, is community and business supported, non-commercial [[like NPR) which allows me great latitude in what I can play. I've hosted the show for almost 19 years. I've been honored to have interviews with Cal Street and Bertha Barbee [[Velvelettes), Claudette Robinson, Mary WIlson, Scherrie Payne, Susaye Greene, Janie Bradford, Pete Moore, Blinky and others, and joyously have Andy Skurow, George Solomon, and Harry Weinger on to promote new Universal releases. "Nightflight" is on every Tuesday night on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and webcasting at www.womr.org THAT was my resume [[*smile).
    ....................John

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Love your shows MJ. I remember people being Interested here but I'm not sure of time frame. I remember a lot of interest about Scherrie and Susaye Partners. Please keep them coming !
    Thanks, Luke...much appreciated! John

[QUOTE=ejluther;384465]
    the Andy/George/A' Go Go show I aired last night sadly didn't get archived on our station's archive site. Sorry if you missed it. I will air it again at some point in the future...not that soon...but I will do it. Thanks again. John[/QUOTE]

Any chance any one taped it live? I have all the past ones saved and am really sad to miss this one as they are always wonderful, wonderful! Of course, that's great about the eventual re-airing; will you please give us a heads up when you do?
    . Eric....I will definately post a promo here and on FB when I replay the A' Go Go Show. And thank you a lot! John

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Thanks Midnight Johnny. I don't blame you one bit. Just wanted to let you know your show last night was awesome. Thank you for all you do.
    Victor....many thanks...I appreciate it!! Glad you could listen to the show! John

Quote Originally Posted by aarondillon2011@gmail.com View Post
    Did they mention anything about H/D/H coming out on cd?
    It was brought up....it's much too soon to tell....having to do with sales of A' Go Go and a number of other factors. John

....................John
    Oh wow! That sounds great. Thanks John, I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Thank you, too, Tom!!

Hi John:
    Glad to see you back, here. I understand your scarcity. I usually scan topic and respondents and determine whether or not to read them. If there is a lot of back and forth between 2 people, I skip it.
    Looking forward to your posts and perhaps some good comments during the programs.
    Lorne

Quote Originally Posted by drlorne View Post
    Hi John:
    Glad to see you back, here. I understand your scarcity. I usually scan topic and respondents and determine whether or not to read them. If there is a lot of back and forth between 2 people, I skip it.
    Looking forward to your posts and perhaps some good comments during the programs.
    Lorne
    Thanks, Lorne.....much appreciated and great to see you! John

Yes, Johnny, please start up again posting info about your great show! I'm on the West Coast and often forget to tune in unless I see a reminder, because the show starts around the time I get home.

I miss hearing the original Mandante singing along with the music!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Yes, Johnny, please start up again posting info about your great show! I'm on the West Coast and often forget to tune in unless I see a reminder, because the show starts around the time I get home.

Kenneth....I really appreciate your kindness...and I miss you calling me that!!! [[*smile)

I will post the shows... John

Kenneth....I really appreciate your kindness...and I miss you calling me that!!! [[*smile)

I will post the shows... John
    Hallelujah!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Oh now THAT's funny.

Mandante Mosogotam. He could also be the president of Nigeria!

I loved the show because it was pre-recorded without the irritating sloooooooow-talking host.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    I loved the show because it was pre-recorded without the irritating sloooooooow-talking host.
    That's a nice comment, considering we just convinced him to be active on the SDF board again. Nice timing.

[QUOTE=midnight johnny;384534]
    Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    . Eric....I will definately post a promo here and on FB when I replay the A' Go Go Show. And thank you a lot! John
    Johnny, guess it will have to be in 2 parts, since Your show last night ran over was 3 hours and 20 minutes.

Better yet, have Andy & George on again in between releases when we can also ask questions on the expanded editions where you didn't have a show. Ones like Diana Ross [[1970), Everything Is Everything, Meet The Supremes, Lost & Found, etc.

You'll have to get up at two in the morning and stay awake for three hours.
    The show is well worth the effort, but I get too tired to listen nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    LOL

I did try finding previous shows on the WOMR website but I guess they don't have them?

Is there a way I can listen to the show without waking up in the middle of the night for several hours.......? Lol

LOL

I did try finding previous shows on the WOMR website but I guess they don't have them?

Is there a way I can listen to the show without waking up in the middle of the night for several hours.......? Lol
    Not as far as I know.

Oh now THAT's funny.

Mandante Mosogotam. He could also be the president of Nigeria!
    And THAT'S quite funny too!

LOL

Tom...go to the WOMR website...at the tip there is a "listen" tab with a dropdown menu saying podcasts. Then search for "Nightflight" you should find a number of shows/interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Awwww...Martin...I miss you losing sleep over me [[*smile)! And thank you....

[QUOTE=greg jones;384611]

Johnny, guess it will have to be in 2 parts, since Your show last night ran over was 3 hours and 20 minutes.

Better yet, have Andy & George on again in between releases when we can also ask questions on the expanded editions where you didn't have a show. Ones like Diana Ross [[1970), Everything Is Everything, Meet The Supremes, Lost & Found, etc.
    Greg...I figured there had to be a down side of going overtime...dammit!

I listened to MJ interview with Louvain Demps on YouTube the other day
    Last edited by luke; 05-04-2017 at 11:49 PM. Reason: The