[REMOVE ADS]

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    The Elephant Vanishes - Haruki Murakami

A collection of stories about parallel realities from one of the greatest living writers. Give this man a Nobel already!

Hunger: A Memoir of [My] Body - Roxane Gay

A chronicle of the author's struggle to accept and understand her relationship with and emotional uses for food. Gut-wrenching.
    Last edited by sansradio; 04-18-2024 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post

A big fan of architecture. Alden Dow studied with Frank Lloyd Wright at Taliesin.
    Is this where some guy went nuts and killed a woman and children? Or am I mixing up my architects?

Sans I think I read this, but can't remember. Saw the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    The Rebellious Life of Mrs. Rosa Parks - Jeanne Theoharis

Attachment 21104
    She was not some hapless, unwitting seamstress who one day got tired on a Jim Crow bus but a fierce, tireless civil rights tactician and organizer many years before her storied arrest and for decades afterward. This biography explodes the myths and illuminates her life and work.
    I thought I read this too, but it's also a documentary, so maybe I only saw the doc. Sans you're killing the reading game. I used to read a ton of books. The internet has zapped a lot of my attention span. You've inspired me to get back into reading an actual book. Give my eyes a rest from the laptop screen.

Picked this one up the other day.

The Hardest Deal of All: the Battle Over School Integration In Mississippi, 1870-1980 by Charles C. Bolton.

I'm on the second page of the Introduction and already I'm engrossed.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I thought I read this too, but it's also a documentary, so maybe I only saw the doc. Sans you're killing the reading game. I used to read a ton of books. The internet has zapped a lot of my attention span. You've inspired me to get back into reading an actual book. Give my eyes a rest from the laptop screen.
    RanRan! Thrilled that you're over here and happy to hear it! I've got to investigate your current read--sounds like a personal must.