[REMOVE ADS]




Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Results 251 to 267 of 267
  1. #251
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    30,191
    Rep Power
    406
    Aretha Franklin: The Queen of Soul [tribute edition] - Mark Bego:

    https://www.simonandschuster.com/boo.../9781510745070

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,042
    Rep Power
    96

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9,882
    Rep Power
    211
    Top ten r&b hits-1942-2010.

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    30,191
    Rep Power
    406
    Hollywood Black: The Stars, the Films, the Filmmakers - Donald Bogle:

    https://www.runningpress.com/titles/...9780762491407/

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,042
    Rep Power
    96

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    30,191
    Rep Power
    406
    Men Without Women - Haruki Murakami:

    https://www.harukimurakami.com/book/men-without-women

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,042
    Rep Power
    96
    As a little interesting side note....When Joan Marie Johnson left the group, the
    Dixie Cups manager [[Joe Jones...who was a real piece of work) brought in Eleanore
    Mills to replace Joan Marie. He announced the groups name would be changing to
    'Eleanore Mills and the Dixie Cups'. Rosa said in her book she had a nice voice...
    but the name change 'wasn't happening'. Eleanore didn't hang around long as Joe
    primarily wanted her for reasons other than singing! Eleanore went to record for
    Sylvia Robinson of Platinum Records, among others. You can hear her album on youtube.

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    30,191
    Rep Power
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    As a little interesting side note....When Joan Marie Johnson left the group, the
    Dixie Cups manager [[Joe Jones...who was a real piece of work) brought in Eleanore
    Mills to replace Joan Marie. He announced the groups name would be changing to
    'Eleanore Mills and the Dixie Cups'. Rosa said in her book she had a nice voice...
    but the name change 'wasn't happening'. Eleanore didn't hang around long as Joe
    primarily wanted her for reasons other than singing! Eleanore went to record for
    Sylvia Robinson of Platinum Records, among others. You can hear her album on youtube.
    Interesting. Is this the same Eleanor[e] Mills who sang lead on Norman Connors' version of "This Is Your Life"?

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,042
    Rep Power
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Interesting. Is this the same Eleanor[e] Mills who sang lead on Norman Connors' version of "This Is Your Life"?
    From Amazon review:

    Eleanore Mills is a classic Soul singer with a sweet and sophisticated voice, who recorded her debut album 'This is Eleanore Mills' for the Sylvia Robinson's All Platinum subsidiary Astroscope in 1974. The album has a broad range of Soul and early Disco/Soul cuts. It did not sell in vast numbers on it's initial release but has become heavily in demand in the last 20 years and appeals to a broad spectrum of Soul and Disco collectors and DJ's.. Original copies are highly collectable and in mint condition LPs now sell for around 300- 400, the CD at around 50. Eleanore went on to record with Norman Connors on his 'This Is Your Life' album in 1977 [[recently issued on CD by Soul Brother) and then developed into singing Soulful house having a huge record with 'Mr. Right' in the late 80's.

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    30,191
    Rep Power
    406
    Wow, I had no idea that she was ever a Dixie Cup.

  11. #261
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,042
    Rep Power
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Wow, I had no idea that she was ever a Dixie Cup.
    You should read the book, sans....it's a real eye-opener. What those girls endured
    was terrible. The good news is...they're survivors!

  12. #262
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    30,191
    Rep Power
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    You should read the book, sans....it's a real eye-opener. What those girls endured
    was terrible. The good news is...they're survivors!
    No doubt. Maybe I shall!

  13. #263
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    30,191
    Rep Power
    406

  14. #264
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,042
    Rep Power
    96

  15. #265
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    30,191
    Rep Power
    406

  16. #266
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    30,191
    Rep Power
    406

  17. #267
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,042
    Rep Power
    96
    Maynard's House....Herman Raucher. The author of 'Summer of 42'. This is quite a
    different genre for him.
    Maynard's House by Herman Raucher [[goodreads.com)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.