[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross at City Center: 'The explosive and majestic performance' ...

The reviews are better and better with each year.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    The reviews are better and better with each year.
    I anticipated 'good' reviews, NYC media being a tad been-there-done-that - but these have been outright raves. And well deserved. I love hearing about the feeling of complete joy Ross is instilling in her audiences.

She can't be more popular than in 1964 1972 1981 - but she is very popular again

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    She can't be more popular than in 1964 1972 1981 - but she is very popular again
    I honestly believe it's because she is enjoying herself onstage. She truly seemed to be having as much fun as the audience. Her voice is in good shape, she's never abused it or diminished it by oversinging as some singers have. But, we were having a great time because she was having a great time. It showed in her interaction with her band and singers.

Also, she is the first singer I've seen who had lights come up on the audience at the end of every number. She would point up to people in the Mezzanine and balcony, and wave at people. She said "You don't know this but while you're watching me, I'm watching you. I can see everybody. "