[REMOVE ADS]

I don't know if I get this. Is Aretha mad because Dionne said Aretha was Whtineys Godmother and she calls that libel???. Aretha is mad at Cissy too? And Aretha brings it up 5 years later?? Aretha sounds ridiculous if I'm reading this right

Shouldn't this topic be under the soulful Detroit forum?

I read this earlier today and thought it was rather bogus. Aretha's suing over a harmless remark made by Dionne at a funeral 5 years ago, yet she never complained when Clive started the rumor when Whitney's career began? Something isn't adding up.

Good god; sounds like Aretha might finally be getting alzheimers or some other mind altering illness. Who gives a shit?

The article didn't mention the appropriation of I Say A Little Prayer by Aretha and I think it has turned into Aretha's most viewed song on YouTube. Dionne should be very mad about that but wisely, has no comment.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Yes it should be because neither of these women were Motown artists. The story is silly anyway.

Go ahead Aretha Love you !!!
    Most of us knew it was not true.
    I love Dionne too and I am sure she was grieving but the final end is "WHO CARES"?
    RIH Whitney !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Good god; sounds like Aretha might finally be getting alzheimers or some other mind altering illness. Who gives a shit?

The article didn't mention the appropriation of I Say A Little Prayer by Aretha and I think it has turned into Aretha's most viewed song on YouTube. Dionne should be very mad about that but wisely, has no comment.
    It's possible that Aretha has Alzheimer's but forgot ... On a more serious note, in the bio from 2-3 years ago the author did say that when Aretha feels she's been out of the press for a while she tends to invent stories for publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    It's possible that Aretha has Alzheimer's but forgot ... On a more serious note, in the bio from 2-3 years ago the author did say that when Aretha feels she's been out of the press for a while she tends to invent stories for publicity.
    That's David Ritz who is reliable and whose book was good

That's David Ritz who is reliable and whose book was good
    Yes, all around, and thanks for bringing up the author's name, which I had forgotten and was too lazy to look up. It is indeed quite a good book.

The story about Aretha Franklin being Whitney Houston's Godmother had been told ever since Whitney became a star in the '80s. Don't understand why she's angry with Dionne Warwick now.

Remember Aretha's autobiography From These Roots? When she discusses the song she recorded with Whitney, "It Isn't It Wasn't It Ain't Never Gonna Be", Aretha recalls the disagreement with her. She went on to say "I'm still her Aunt Ree, and she can come to me for support or advice anytime". This "feud" with Aretha & Dionne might just be attempt at getting press.

After we finish with Aretha vs Dionne, lets do Diana vs Mary! Huh? How about it. This is not even a Motown related story as silly as it is. But ok, you guys really like this kind of stuff, right?

I'm waiting to find out that this isn't true, like the story that circulated heavily of a fist fight between Aretha and Patti Labelle a few years ago that Aretha had to threaten legal action on. It's so ridiculous that I refuse to believe the Queen would even go here about Dionne.

Something tells me by the end of this week if Aretha is asked about it, she'll say "what? I didn't say that!"

What tells you that is because this is so absurd. An old woman issuing a press release about something nobody cares about

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Something tells me by the end of this week if Aretha is asked about it, she'll say "what? I didn't say that!"
    Let's hope that's the case. I hate to believe anything about this could be true.

I bet you are right midnightman. There is a video of The Queen refusing to shake Pattis hand at the White House I believe.

^ I still remember people promoting that fake story of Patti or Aretha [[think it was Aretha) calling the cops on Patti for engaging in fisticuffs [[leading to Patti's arrest) as if there was any truth to it.

Yes it should. It's taking up much needed space that could be used for another Diana Ross posting! lol !!

Now that is a real travesty

Return To Love!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozmo View Post
    Yes it should. It's taking up much needed space that could be used for another Diana Ross posting! lol !!
    hehehehehehehehe!

I always thought this was just BS but when you watch, it seems very odd

I always thought this was just BS but when you watch, it seems very odd
    I think Aretha was just focused on making her way to the stage. Because at the end of her song, she walked back through the audience and she and Patti hugged.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I think Aretha was just focused on making her way to the stage. Because at the end of her song, she walked back through the audience and she and Patti hugged.
    Oh did she?

Well that ends that theory that she hates Patti then.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Oh did she?

Well that ends that theory that she hates Patti then.
    This is why a lot of this talk is worth ignoring.

The rumour was Whoppi Goldberg didn't like Diana Ross but the other day she was raving about her New York concert and called her an icon. The rumour was Natalie Cole didn't like her but she visited Natalie just before her death.

Sometimes much is made of nothing.

When Patti was asked about it she said "that wasnt me!"

When Patti was asked about it she said "that wasnt me!"
    She said that wasn't her that Aretha walked by?

I actually wondered that once.