[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes Sing Rogers & Hart Expanded

For Andy, George and Harry. I know you guys have most likely not been able to get the green light on A Bit Of Liverpool, Country and Western, We Remember Sam Cooke ect. but if or when Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland comes out is there any way you guys would be about to push for the stereo and mono version of the Rogers & Hart with all the unreleased recordings and alternate mixes? Would love to have this album in expanded form

To be fair, an expanded edition of Rodgers & Hart did come out. [[Lordy! 15 years ago!). Though I would definitely welcome a more comprehensive collection [[as you describe) -- ie the mono album and any other alternate vocals/mixes they could find. It's a terrific album, and I play it quite a bit.

This is one album where I think nearly all of the cuts left off were better than nearly all of the ones that made it onto the initial release. I think there are 3 or 4 of the original songs that I focus on. I play the outtakes so much more. Btw, I also vote for a more comprehensive expanded edition.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    This is one album where I think nearly all of the cuts left off were better than nearly all of the ones that made it onto the initial release. I think there are 3 or 4 of the original songs that I focus on. I play the outtakes so much more. Btw, I also vote for a more comprehensive expanded edition.
    It seems impossible that the re-issue was released 15 years ago. I agree with you, the tracks from the vault were superior in my opinion as well. Add my vote for an expanded release, perhaps coupled with the Disney LP.

me too..I listen to this frequently .. Ross' delivery on these tunes is impeccable !

This is my favorite 60's Supremes album. To me, it's their best album. I too would love to see it get the expanded treatment, but only after the rest of the later 60's album get released first.

I would love see Sing Rodgers & Hart Expanded look like this:
    Disc One:
    - Original Mono Album & Original Stereo Album remastered

Disc Two:
    - The Complete Sessions - Brand New Mixes
    - Alternate Vocals/Versions