Hello All,
I recently acquired this acetate off Ebay, at what I thought was an extremely cheap price. To be honest, while the listing did say it was an acetate, enough key details were missing from the listing for me to be certain it was. I thought I was more than likely purchasing a test pressing of some sort due to the DJ label affixed to the disc. I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived and it was in fact an acetate. At any rate, it's the first acetate of any sort I've acquired for my collection.

I contacted the seller who said it was purchased at a record show in Detroit many years ago. Here are some questions I am hoping the forum can help me with. Is this pressing basically just a VERY advance DJ copy cut to get the record out to a few big stations quickly? Is the song more than likely the standard release version, or is there a possibility it could be an alternate take? To be honest I'm scared to play it for fear of damaging it......the Ebay seller told me he hadn't ever played it either.

I had done some research a few days ago, and I'll be darned if I can locate where I found a lot of 5 similar Elvis Presley acetates that were numbered the same way as this one, that stated they were more than likely from a large radio station in Miami, FL that numbered their records this way. It was evidently a power-house station that the record companies sent releases to right away, and they were frequently acetates cut to get them there immediately, instead of waiting for vinyl pressed DJ copies to arrive.

Thanks for any information anyone can provide!
Darin

Name:  BL 1.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  60.8 KB

Name:  BL 2.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  54.4 KB

Name:  BL 3.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  54.4 KB