[REMOVE ADS]

Whitney Houston to Record New Album

Whitney Houston to Record New Album

D.I.S.H.
    Whitney Houston May also star in Waiting to Exhale sequel

Legendary R&B diva Whitney Houston is preparing to once again return to the recording studio to lay down tracks for what will be her eighth studio album.

Houston returned to the music world with her comeback album I Look To You last year, following years of alleged drug abuse and her divorce from former pop star Bobby Brown. That album went platinum, with over one million copies sold.

Now ThatGrapeJuice.net reports that 46-year-old Houston is set to return to the studio, is considering a TV special and has signed on to star in two movies.

Houston starred in 1995's Waiting to Exhale but has not yet signed on to star in the upcoming sequel Getting to Happy. Though co-star Angela Bassett is already onboard, Houston and her people are reportedly still in negotiations with the film's producers.

Houston still has time to sort out her schedule however. The star isn't set to begin recording her new album until June.

[[Photo by PR Photos)

Story provided by the Dish Information Corporation

I hope she took voice lessons this time.

olamaebarto Guest
    I loved Waiting to Exhale. The film as well as the book.

..trust me it will take years to get another album out of her..Look to You may have sold a million but she destroyed what was left of her reputation with that drug fuelled disastrous tour..As a dj I have people over at my apartment often talking about music and the word from people i talk to is that shes finished and cant sing..i dont believe that but thats the view out there- she needs vocal retraining to re adjust her singing there is no doubt her voice is damaged fom the abuse.."Million Dollar Bill" was a huge dancefloor smash..im still playing it in my set at gay clubs she still has a following but as a live entertaner even my hard core Whitney fan friend dosent think she can sing live anymore..it will take a long time to get another album out of her it always does unless shes spent all that advance she got out of LA Ried for her resigning..

Last post in here was January. So, any news on Whitney Houston. I agree that she lost whatever reputation she had
    left in her, and my respect for her as well. But, I love to see more "classic" acts from back in the day have major
    successes. It would show the music industry who's who if she could top the charts again. But in the meantime, I'll
    remember the good days and put "How Will I Know" on an endless loop

I love Whitney, but even I agree that she is nowhere near she once was. However, she still has the name "Whitney Houston" and I think she will continue to find work in the years to come if she takes care of herself. I think she can and will continue to release solid studio albums, but she is no longer a consistent live performer...unless she quits smoking and get's some serious help with her voice.

I will always love her.

She's supposed to appear on ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT on Monday [[11/7). They interviewed her on the set of SPARKLE.

Thanks Reese! I remember reading about this interview on her Facebook page and I thought I had already missed it. Will be setting my DVD-R...