[REMOVE ADS]




Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 51 to 79 of 79
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    151
    I hope this situation finally convinces the powers that be at Universal that physical CD is not dead.
    I'm so tempted to buy a copy of Baby It's Me.
    Should I hold out in the hope of an official physical release?

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,875
    Rep Power
    234
    Like several others said, I'd buy it again anyway so I'm not waiting to buy the bootleg.

    The guy will probably wonder what made his sales spike! We better hope there's not a price increase!

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    922
    Rep Power
    153
    I've bought those CDs. "Lady sings the Blues sessions", "Love Kiss", "On Broadway", "Diana and Marvin Quadraphonix" and "Baby it's me expanded" and those are fabulous.

    Of course I'll buy official physical CDs of those if they ever happen, as I had bought the download of BIM Expanded.

    In the meantime, I hope "Merry Christmas Expanded", "sings the songs from the Wiz" and "Funny Girl" are coming on those 'promo' CDs. And the Motown Unreleased CDs. And many more...

    I've always been very positive about the downloads as download is better than nothing, BUT... a physical cd is way better than a download. And Universal miss the point but not releasing physical CDs anymore - my apologize if the A GO-GO is a sign I'm wrong.

    Are Bob Dylan's Bootleg series downloads only? What about he 6 CDs collection of remixes and Outtakes of the Beatles SGT PEPPER coming May 22th? Physical CDs...

    I hope Motown will see that the best way to sell today is physical CDs. I'm sure they'll do more money with The physical A GO-GO than with online only FUNNY GIRL. And what they miss is what we here wil spend on 'promo' CDs on eBay.

    To the people making promo CDs available ... Keep em Coming

    To the SDF members ... Get it while it's hot

    To the powers that be at Universal ... It's all your fault

    To HW, Andy, George, Keith, and the numerous friends who continue to give us great vaulted music ... For this I thank you!


  4. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    151
    Well, I've just bought 'Baby It's Me'.

    The packaging looks so good that I won't be tempted to buy again should an 'official' cd come out.

    Universal's loss is a bootleggers gain.

    But I have to say - I don't feel great about it.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    541
    Rep Power
    129
    Looks like they have all gone...even his ad asking for rare tracks from fans.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    149
    Rep Power
    145
    I have talked to him a few days back and he told me that ebay deleted all the CDs.
    He also told me if that he wouldn't sell them on ebay anymore, if someone is interesting in any of these CDs you can sent me a message and I will let him know.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,875
    Rep Power
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbfly View Post
    I have talked to him a few days back and he told me that ebay deleted all the CDs.
    He also told me if that he wouldn't sell them on ebay anymore, if someone is interesting in any of these CDs you can sent me a message and I will let him know.
    I was communicating with him and he said he could ship 3 or 4 CDs for the $7.50 price to the US. Then the listings disappeared, so I assumed Ebay got wind of the fact that they were bootlegs or something.

    I'm still interested if possible to purchase several of them.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,691
    Rep Power
    143
    I bought 4 of them . I am anxiously awaiting their arrival. The packaging looks amazing. The one that I am most excited about is the Lady Sings the Lost Sessions since it is the only one that I have not heard yet.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,600
    Rep Power
    171
    IF.... A GO GO does well , that will open the door for the other albums to be released on cd.
    it is my understanding that Universal believes that cds are dead but not everyone else.
    I am hoping that the fans could make Go Go hit #1 again but I know that is wishful thinking, but Baby Its Me hit #18 just on downloads alone.
    we'll soon see

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    20,805
    Rep Power
    372
    Are these not available anymore? Did he get chased or run out of supply?

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,875
    Rep Power
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Are these not available anymore? Did he get chased or run out of supply?
    Apparently, he got shut down because someone reported to Ebay that he was selling bootlegs. I'm dealing with him directly outside of Ebay, and he seem reputable to me, so I'm going to purchase 3 of the CDs. I'll let you know when they arrive in case others are hesitant to purchase directly from him. PayPal does provide some level of protection in itself.

    I have no qualms whatsoever about purchasing these. If Motown/Universal wants to keep dribbling out its vault stuff, fine. I think the first bootleg I ever purchased was Prince "The Black Album" and I was never sorry I had it even though it came out in an authorized release years later.

    And I don't feel I have to commit to buying any official release along these lines either. I view this as what they call "voting with your pocketbook." The music industry has always been myopic and short sighted about what the public will buy, and historically [[at least since the 80s) only wants mega-sales without having to invest in its rare titles or developing young artists. I probably would buy the official releases if they came out, but from what I hear from almost everyone who's purchased these "lost" titles, they are too good to miss. Can't wait to hear the "Lady Sings the Blues" especially!

    As I said, I'll report back when I get the titles so if anyone else wants to deal with the seller directly, they may be more comfortable doing so.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,691
    Rep Power
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Apparently, he got shut down because someone reported to Ebay that he was selling bootlegs. I'm dealing with him directly outside of Ebay, and he seem reputable to me, so I'm going to purchase 3 of the CDs. I'll let you know when they arrive in case others are hesitant to purchase directly from him. PayPal does provide some level of protection in itself.

    I have no qualms whatsoever about purchasing these. If Motown/Universal wants to keep dribbling out its vault stuff, fine. I think the first bootleg I ever purchased was Prince "The Black Album" and I was never sorry I had it even though it came out in an authorized release years later.

    And I don't feel I have to commit to buying any official release along these lines either. I view this as what they call "voting with your pocketbook." The music industry has always been myopic and short sighted about what the public will buy, and historically [[at least since the 80s) only wants mega-sales without having to invest in its rare titles or developing young artists. I probably would buy the official releases if they came out, but from what I hear from almost everyone who's purchased these "lost" titles, they are too good to miss. Can't wait to hear the "Lady Sings the Blues" especially!

    As I said, I'll report back when I get the titles so if anyone else wants to deal with the seller directly, they may be more comfortable doing so.
    I bought one through EBay and 3 outside of EBay through PayPal. They all have been shipped and I should be getting them any day now I can not thank him enough.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,875
    Rep Power
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I bought one through EBay and 3 outside of EBay through PayPal. They all have been shipped and I should be getting them any day now I can not thank him enough.
    Good to know, vgalindo. Thanks!

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    541
    Rep Power
    129
    im dealing with him personally now too...totally agree with you kenneth.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    146
    Are the cd's silver pressed cd's or cd-r's? Thanks for answering :-)

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,691
    Rep Power
    143
    Just received my 4 cds. Listening to Lady sings the lost sessions. I love it. "Baby it's me" packaging is beautiful. I already downloaded the expanded before but I love physical. Looks and feels like a professional release. Gotta listen to them all.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,875
    Rep Power
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Just received my 4 cds. Listening to Lady sings the lost sessions. I love it. "Baby it's me" packaging is beautiful. I already downloaded the expanded before but I love physical. Looks and feels like a professional release. Gotta listen to them all.
    Can't wait to get mine!

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    541
    Rep Power
    129
    received mine today...just how Baby Its Me should have been done...im gobsmacked at how good the packaging is..its so good to finally have it on the shelf with the other expanded editions..it was worth every penny and some.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,691
    Rep Power
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    received mine today...just how Baby Its Me should have been done...im gobsmacked at how good the packaging is..its so good to finally have it on the shelf with the other expanded editions..it was worth every penny and some.
    You are so right. Goes very well with all my other expanded releases.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    151
    I just got my 'Baby It's Me' CD.
    Wow...I'm amazed at the quality of the packaging. You would never know it wasn't official.
    I'm thrilled with it. Worth every penny.
    So glad I didn't spend my money on the download.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,875
    Rep Power
    234
    I also got the 3 CDS I ordered this week [[in less than 2 weeks all the way from Germany to Los Angeles). I had ordered Baby It's Me, Lady Sings the Blues Lost Sessions, and Soul Kiss.

    These are fantastic, high quality CDs from the packaging to the design and imprint on the discs, to [[naturally) the recordings themselves. I can't imagine a Ross fan not buying these simply because they are not "official" releases. I am so, so glad that I ordered these. I give these the highest recommendation.

    If anyone needs contact information for the seller, just PM me. I'll be buying others from him. I wasn't a fan of the "Diana and Marvin" album, but I know he has "GIT on Broadway" and some others.

    To assuage any guilt you may have, just know that this gentleman simply cannot be getting rich off these. These are truly a labor of love. The prices were lower than if you bought them from Hip-O and the postage was only about $10 as I recall.

    Between these and "A Go Go" this is an epic week for Ross fans.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,691
    Rep Power
    143
    I so agree. I got them as well. I also got the GIT. I am really enjoying these. The lost sessions are so good. Love the packaging of Baby Its Me.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,786
    Rep Power
    175
    Kenneth, tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. These sets sound fantastic Would love to add them to my shelf.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,875
    Rep Power
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    Kenneth, tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. These sets sound fantastic Would love to add them to my shelf.
    Sorry about that! I sent you a PM and deleted the excess messages.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5,205
    Rep Power
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Sorry about that! I sent you a PM and deleted the excess messages.
    May I as well? I want my own copies

  26. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,875
    Rep Power
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    May I as well? I want my own copies
    Sure thing.

  27. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    To assuage any guilt you may have, just know that this gentleman simply cannot be getting rich off these. These are truly a labor of love. The prices were lower than if you bought them from Hip-O and the postage was only about $10 as I recall.

    Between these and "A Go Go" this is an epic week for Ross fans.
    I'm a physical release fanatic, but I would kind of still feel bad about them, though I do want them. Does he still sell them?

  28. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    I'm a physical release fanatic, but I would kind of still feel bad about them, though I do want them. Does he still sell them?
    Wondering the same thing here.

  29. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,531
    Rep Power
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish46 View Post
    Wondering the same thing here.
    He got busted by Universal. They literally sent the police to his house. Then he tried sniffing around here for business last year and got called out and warned again by Andy Skurow. I'm pretty sure he's out of business now...

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.