[REMOVE ADS]

"Your Love is Wonderful" Four Tops

Ever since I heard this as the B-side of "Walk Away Renee" in 1967, I have been puzzled that it was not an A-side release. Wes170 [[youtube) posted this several years ago, and if I am not mistaken, this was not even included as a track on a regular album [[let alone the collections albums). Written by Ivy Joe Hunter, Jack Coga, and Shena de Mil, it was produced by Ivy Hunter and Lawrence Payton.

Even more shocking to me, at the time, was that this was not a H-D-H production because, to me, it had all of the elements of their productions.

I love this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9cHo50XSao

"Your Love Is Wonderful" -- I've always loved it, too, jobucats! Fom the day it was released, it sounded like a H-D-H production to me. And you're right -- it would have made a great A-side release. The fact that it was relegated to non-album, B-side single status made no sense to me. It would have fit perfectly on the "Reach Out" album in place of one of those throw-away Monkees' songs.

It's on the, er, wonderful, Fourever box set

Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    Soulwally, at the time [[1967-ish), "Your Love Is Wonderful" did not appear on a Motown album of any kind. It was the B-side of a single only and that was it. But at least it got released and not relegated to the vaults!

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    Ever since I heard this as the B-side of "Walk Away Renee" in 1967, I have been puzzled that it was not an A-side release. Wes170 [[youtube) posted this several years ago, and if I am not mistaken, this was not even included as a track on a regular album [[let alone the collections albums). Written by Ivy Joe Hunter, Jack Coga, and Shena de Mil, it was produced by Ivy Hunter and Lawrence Payton.

Even more shocking to me, at the time, was that this was not a H-D-H production because, to me, it had all of the elements of their productions.

I love this.

I thought the same. I ended up preferring this to the [[overplayed) top side

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post

I love this.

Great song; I agree that 'Your Love Is Wonderful' would've made a good A-side for the Tops. Also, check out the 'first time stereo' mix on their Lost Without You: Motown Lost & Found set.

Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    I did say, er, that "this was not even included as a track on a regular album [[let alone the collections albums)" unless one considers the Fourever box set more than just a collection. I agree with Motown Eddie, the stereo mix on "Lost Without You" is indeed Wonderful!
    Last edited by jobucats; 03-03-2017 at 10:24 PM.

Ivy Jo Hunter is a great songwriter. HDH wasn't the only ones in town who could write up a storm. Ivy is criminally underrated.
    Last edited by biggestfourtops fan; 03-04-2017 at 01:57 AM.

I totally agree that Ivy Joe Hunter was a great and underrated songwriter!

I thought that I hadn't heard this song before but, um, I have and I LOVE it! I agree that it could and should have been a hit!!