[REMOVE ADS]

Marvin Gaye & Mary Wells Together

I've been listening to this album on Spotify this morning and noticed there are several bonus tracks. Has this expanded version of the album ever been released on CD? I checked Discogs and it seems there's no record of it, so I am assuming it's a digital only release?

Also, I think it was "What's the Matter With You Baby" that seems to have some kind of minor rhythmic squeaking sound in the background. I am not sure if this is the case for only this particular digital version or if it can be heard on other releases as well? It sounds like some kind of tape noise. Has anyone else noticed this?

To my knowledge, an expanded edition of the TOGETHER album has not been released. But back in the 90s, some unreleased Marvin/Mary duets were issued on his THE MARVIN GAYE COLLECTION boxed set. Songs like YOU CAN DANCE and I'M YOURS, YOU'RE MINE. Perhaps those are the bonus tracks you heard.

And yes, I have heard the squeak in WTMWYB. Can't remember where/when I first heard it. But its not unique to the digital version you ueard.

There are also seven unreleased tracks featuring Marvin Gaye w/ Mary on "Mary Wells' Lost & Found Something New" as well as Duets featuring Mary & The Four Tops.

Two of the songs with Marvin are stereo versions of the songs on Marvin's Collection the Duets cd
    Last edited by caliluv; 01-30-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks reese and caliluv. I also remembered later today that there were some Marvin Gaye duets included on the Lost and Found. I forgot about those. I will have to check the set and see if all of those bonus tracks are included on that release.

OK glad you also noticed that squeak, Reese! Glad it's not a rat in my house lol.

The album tracks -

"Once Upon A Time"
    "Deed I Do"
    "Until I Met You"
    "Together"
    "[[I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons"
    "The Late Late Show"
    "After The Lights Go Down Low"
    "Just Squeeze Me [[Don't Tease Me)"
    "What's The Matter With You, Baby"
    "You Came A Long Way From St. Louis"

The bonus tracks are -

"Back In My Arms"
    "All I Got"
    "You Can Dance"
    "I'm Yours, You're Mine"
    "Oh Lover"
    "Let's Talk It Over"
    "In Case You Need Love"

One other track is listed on DFTMC
    "Leave It Up To Me"
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 01-31-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Thanks mysterysinger!

I bought the new vinyl reissue of this album yesterday and it also seems to have that squeak during What's the Matter With You Baby.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    The album tracks - ........

....One other track is listed on DFTMC
    "Leave It Up To Me"
    And according to DFTMC, it is a band track only as no vocals have yet been discovered.

Lol, my original 45 has that "squeak" & its part of the percussions as far as I've always thought.