[REMOVE ADS]

Why the mans a snake..Piers Morgans petty fued with Madonna

The news is reporting for Piers Morgans new show on CNN top of the list he dosent want on it is Madonna shes banned..however once again journos arent digging for the reason and accepting his claims that her charity work is false..however the story goes a little deeper than that...

Several years ago when Piers was a senior Fleet street Tabloid editor he found himself at a function Madonna was at with her then husband Guy Ritchie...Piers had a little too much to drink and found himself awed to be in the presence of the lady who he payed paparrizzi to follow everyday..so what did he do? ..he walked over to her and said.grinning "Do you know who Iam? Im the editor who pays men to follow your every move..." Madonna looked at him coldly and didnt answer she had come to face to face with someone who basically stalked her..Piers thought she would open to a closer relationship with the editor as Princess Diana had done carefully..well he hadnt met Madonna before she was left unimpressed by his pusedo threat and ignored him..he was gutted and walked away realising for all he thought he knew abour her she wasnt Princess Diana ..she didnt play ball with creeps...
    Madonna took a thrashing on this forum recently I just wanted to highlight what kind of woman she is away the headlines..she dosent care about being photographed on the street..shes just going from a to b..she snubbed the creep and looks like he hasnt forgotten..

Thanks for posting this, Nomis. I, for one, feel Madonna gets a bad rap, here and elsewhere. I have always considered her a talented and shrewd artist.

Thanks Ralph athough she isnt a soul artist I just wanted to show the other side of celebrity - men high on adrenalin with a camera and motorbike who mercifully chase their pray and to be faced with the man who pays for this intrusion bragging that to her face that he is responsible in part for the hounding..Many,many a celebrity would have bargained with him for good coverage..but I think she felt fear..fear that people such as this feed off her art..quite frankly if he had said this in front of me I would have no hesitation in my fist meeting his face..to brag to someones face that you enjoy causing them distress is despicable..

a thoroughly nasty and odious man....he first came to fame as being involved in "insider dealing" when a business columnist...after he became editor of the Daily Mirror...he appeared on the UK satirical News quiz."Have i got news for you"...and his response to the usual jibing from the other panelists was to threaten to put his reporters on their case...one said he wouldnt take the rise out of Piers as he had already had Piers men round his childrens school asking about him.He has since reinvented himself via talent show panels as some one who interviews sympathetically......a very unpleasant person.

platters
    thanks you saved me typing that!
    you missed out he started on the bizzare page in that well known toilet paper "the sun".
    i loved the "have i got news etc".the crap merton and hislop gave him was a joy to watch.and see him cringe as the audience smell blood. i absolutley hate that guy,a real snake,thinks the world owes him a living.got away with that insider dealing scandal,apart from being sacked.
    he caused trouble with jeremy clarkson at an awards show too.he's found a niche now tho' the kids love him,unfortunatly

Celebrities that don't play ball are never popular with the press. Good for Madonna. Thanks Nomis.

When you have a name like that you have a lot to live up to. I realize that every time I am in Church.

pshark Guest
    He really is a arrogant SOB. First knew of him from "Amerca Got Talent" which I really enjoy.
    I really really really want to see Omarosa on his talk show, but most likely it will never happen. But then if the ratings starts to slip
    they might consider throwing in the barracuda

I found it a little odd that on Larry King's last show there was no mention of Piers taking over
    Here's Piers reason for banning MADonna
    http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Piers-...s-show/7896663
    Last edited by pshark; 01-16-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Sorry fam, but while don't know enough about this Piers Morgans guy, I do know enough about to Madonna to stand behind my critiques, which I still stand behind. They were criticisms mainly about her music [[which I still don't dig) and her occasional diva-like actions. Nothing more.

pshark Guest
    Wow, his debut with Oprah is so boring. On top of that its prerecorded.
    His rant on Madonna is probably a publicity stunt to boost ratings.
    I'm sure Madonna will shoot back on one of the late shows
    CNN blew it hiring this English Kermit. Show wont last

His diary in the Mail on Sunday magazine is really witty and amusing...maybe he doesn't write it himself.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    Thanks Ralph athough she isnt a soul artist I just wanted to show the other side of celebrity - men high on adrenalin with a camera and motorbike who mercifully chase their pray and to be faced with the man who pays for this intrusion bragging that to her face that he is responsible in part for the hounding..Many,many a celebrity would have bargained with him for good coverage..but I think she felt fear..fear that people such as this feed off her art..quite frankly if he had said this in front of me I would have no hesitation in my fist meeting his face..to brag to someones face that you enjoy causing them distress is despicable..
    Great post - thanks

I think you're being a bit unfair to Piers Morgan

Yeah he's a bit smarmy, and smug. So what. He's a very intelligent man, and knows how to play the game. Madonna is a strange, freaky armed, talentless borefest. So what if she has sell out tours? So do Westlife. People on this forum know full well that sales do not necessarily equal talent. She's got a great publicity machine, and keeps reinventing her 'image'. Again, so what? I listen to a LOT of music. I don't watch it. If people wonder why records sales are dropping all the time, maybe in part its because the making of music falls pretty low on most people's agendas.

Piers Morgan was excellent on the US celebrity apprentice. He has a very British sense of humour, but since I'm writing from sunny Birmingham myself maybe that explains why I completely get it and others don't. I like the fact that when the rest of the country signed up to Tony Blair New labour rubbish, he kept the Mirror to the left. I like the fact that he ran a tabloid paper that was staunchly anti-war. No one made him do this. He's no saint, he has a fair few blotches on his CV. But if I was him, I wouldn't be too impressed with her. That Madonna thing sounds like an attempt to make a joke, an ice breaker. Wouldn't it be worse if he spent an hour talking to her and next day she found out that he was the editor of one of the country's biggest tabloids? She clearly has no sense of humour. Maybe she should take herself a lot less seriously??? Not really sure why it makes him a creep. His job was to keep the stories going and if possible get people onside. His bosses gave him a bottom line. The man repeatedly delivered, turning around the fortunes of the Mirror paper. Madonna is a celebrity who moved to England where we do not have privacy laws. It comes with the status of being a celebrity. People want a bit of your fame to sell papers. He gave Madonna a way of maintaining that relationship in a less intrusive way, and she told him where to get off.

Really puzzled as to why anyone thinks he comes off worse in this story. You may have a personal dislike of the man, but there is no moral high ground for her. Madonna has the personality of a dead bee; interviews with her are just painful. As far as she was concerned he was a nobody that dared to try to speak to the big star. Well, now he's someone and her classless rudeness has come back to bite her. Well done, Piers.
    Last edited by boywonder; 01-20-2011 at 02:40 PM.

I'm out of it: Who is Piers Morgan?

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tsull1 View Post
    I'm out of it: Who is Piers Morgan?
    Piers Morgan is an English Reporter/Talk show interviewer who has taken over Larry King's slot on CNN now that King has retired.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Piers Morgan is an English Reporter/Talk show interviewer who has taken over Larry King's slot on CNN now that King has retired.

And he will not last long - BORING AS HELL - Larry King had that special something. Reminded you of a family member or neighbor - just chatting you up. This Piers Morgan is as interesting as paint drying.

How an interview with Ricky Gervaisis could be boring I dont know but Piers managed by harping over and over on same stuff. I heard his Oprah interview was good though.

I dont know how this guy out of all the people that could have been chosen got Larrys spot.

MissLish Guest
    Isn't this smart on his behalf though? Celebrity feuds attract attention; the man has a show to sale.

pshark Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    How an interview with Ricky Gervaisis could be boring I dont know but Piers managed by harping over and over on same stuff. I heard his Oprah interview was good though.
    Somebody tod you wrong, that Oprah interview was torture. But the Gervais interview kinda interesting. I personally think that Piers comment on MADonna is a marketing ploy to beef up ratings.