[REMOVE ADS]

Exclamation Diana Ross and The Supremes at Michigan State Fair [[Video Excerpt)

Please remove this doubt...

It's from Michigan State Fair or from a Hollywood Bowl performance?
    Last edited by Weslley Francisco; 01-01-2017 at 03:30 PM.

Great. Thanks Wesley!

Quote Originally Posted by Weslley Francisco View Post

Please remove this doubt...

It's from Michigan State Fair or Hollywood Bowl performance?
    It's from the Michigan State Fair - August 1967. There are quite a bit of photographs from their performances at the fair. Most are from their daytime shows although I have seen quite a bit from evening shows.

This particular footage was featured in the Motown 40 TV special that aired on ABC. This most likely was filmed by Motown and belongs to West Grand Media archives.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    It's from the Michigan State Fair - August 1967. There are quite a bit of photographs from their performances at the fair. Most are from their daytime shows although I have seen quite a bit from evening shows.

This particular footage was featured in the Motown 40 TV special that aired on ABC. This most likely was filmed by Motown and belongs to West Grand Media archives.
    Thank Yoou!!
    I wonder if they recorded a full performance or just a few seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Weslley Francisco View Post
    Thank Yoou!!
    I wonder if they recorded a full performance or just a few seconds
    I'm sure more footage was filmed than just this. A full performance; possibly. Motown filmed a lot of performances; mostly for performer critique and improvements rather than for viewing pleasure.

Wow! Those arches as a backdrop looks like the Hollywood Bowl. But the arches are pretty far back and would be hard to capture them standing so close to it. Me thinks?

To bad there isn't any video footage of this.would be nice to see a complete Supremes concert.

The same year, they played the Ohio State Fair. I was there. If memory serves correctly, there was a bit of a scandal involving Herb Alpert who somehow got top billing, and the Supremes refused to perform on the second day or second show.