[REMOVE ADS]

The Marvelettes - When You're Young And In Love [[1967) - Rare Video Footage

Fabulous! They look like they're enjoying themselves. Do you know where and when this footage was recorded Marv? They look like they are rehearsing perhaps. They aren't actually singing, are they? Another really wonderful post. Many thanks, it's much enjoyed and appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpmoves View Post
    Fabulous! They look like they're enjoying themselves. Do you know where and when this footage was recorded Marv? They look like they are rehearsing perhaps. They aren't actually singing, are they? Another really wonderful post. Many thanks, it's much enjoyed and appreciated.
    I know that they were in Europe on tour.

Kat looks like a model, huh?

Kat is a very beautiful woman. Is anyone singing lead or are they just dancing? This is great. Thx!

Thanks Marv! This is great.

You're welcome. I'll say it again. There has to be tons of video of the Motown artists from foreign television out there.

And Wanda would be on right singing lead. Great stuff! Bring em on!!

In this Rainy Mourning clip, when I look at Wanda, I see a resemblance to Taraji P Henson. Anyone else? Never thought of it before.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You're welcome. I'll say it again. There has to be tons of video of the Motown artists from foreign television out there.
    It would awesome to get to see them. I hope someone puts together a great video package of all these awesome artists instead of the umpteenth Motown hits collection.

Have seen these clips and whilst good the girls are not actually singing the songs in question. The poster even got the title of' Rainy Mourning' wrong! What I'd love to see are performances of 'Hunter' & 'Young & in Love'.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Have seen these clips and whilst good the girls are not actually singing the songs in question. The poster even got the title of' Rainy Mourning' wrong! What I'd love to see are performances of 'Hunter' & 'Young & in Love'.
    Do you know what song they are singing? With their hands over their hearts I was wondering if it was "Locking Up My Heart".

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    Do you know what song they are singing? With their hands over their hearts I was wondering if it was "Locking Up My Heart".
    It looks like TOO MANY FISH IN THE SEA.

Yes, it does look like 'Too Many Fish In The Sea' to me. The tape is slowed down [[also, for the 'Rainy Mourning' clip)

It looks like a spontaneously adapted performance, given with little or no notice, and not having their tambourines to hand [[literally!).

After all this time, very good to see both clips!

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I think this clip of The Marvelettes' "Rainy Mourning" is actually from another song. You can clearly see Gladys Horton in this video and "Rainy Mourning" was released in 1969; two after Gladys left the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    I think this clip of The Marvelettes' "Rainy Mourning" is actually from another song. You can clearly see Gladys Horton in this video and "Rainy Mourning" was released in 1969; two after Gladys left the group.
    Yes but it was recorded in '66 so Gladys was still very much a Marvelette. Anyway it's certainly not 'Rainy Mourning' that the girls are singing.

I agree with those and would love to see "My Baby Must Be A Magician". If "That's How Heartache Are Made" exist bring that one on to!!

I think I saw a picture of them doing "I'll Keep Holding On" on some TV show. Hopefully it will show up.

Yes but it was recorded in '66 so Gladys was still very much a Marvelette. Anyway it's certainly not 'Rainy Mourning' that the girls are singing.
    I know that The Marvelettes' "Rainy Mourning" was recorded while Gladys Horton was still in the group. However since the song wasn't released until three years later [[and after Gladys had left the group), there's no way that there would be a video clip for a song that Motown hadn't released. Also I question whether there would a clip for the song since "Rainy Mourning" wasn't a 'A-side' [[usually for a clip of a song, it has to be a hit or a potential hit).

These Marvelettes` clips are not the real thing as the the poster has admitted compiling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    These Marvelettes` clips are not the real thing as the the poster has admitted compiling them.
    Those are the Marvelettes in those 1960s clips. Now whether or not they were recorded for those specific songs is another matter.

it's clips of Marvelettes on UK tour about 66/67

The music clips have just been added to the videos...there is no connection between the two...just somebody being 'creative'

For those who have not heard this interview with Gladys Horton recorded in 1992, she sets out how she felt about how The Marvelettes were unrecognised........ Recording courtesy of Mickey Nold and Bill Randle of The Science Of Soul. I do see some familiar names from the forum so I am posting this purely for those who were unaware of the recording...... click on the cursor on the HIPCAST.COM sound file

http://mickeynold.blogspot.co.uk/201...l#comment-form

[[The interview was heavily discussed on the forum back in 2011 so if you are familiar with
    it, you'll know the story.)
    http://soulfuldetroit.com/archive/index.php/t-3450.html
    Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 12-14-2016 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    For those who have not heard this interview with Gladys Horton recorded in 1992, she sets out how she felt about how The Marvelettes were unrecognised........ Recording courtesy of Mickey Nold and Bill Randle of The Science Of Soul. I do see some familiar names from the forum so I am posting this purely for those who were unaware of the recording...... click on the cursor on the HIPCAST.COM sound file

http://mickeynold.blogspot.co.uk/201...l#comment-form
    Thanks..these interviews are very good

I couldn't make the interview work on an iPhone--any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    I know that The Marvelettes' "Rainy Mourning" was recorded while Gladys Horton was still in the group. However since the song wasn't released until three years later [[and after Gladys had left the group), there's no way that there would be a video clip for a song that Motown hadn't released. Also I question whether there would a clip for the song since "Rainy Mourning" wasn't a 'A-side' [[usually for a clip of a song, it has to be a hit or a potential hit).
    The clips and songs are not related! Just old footage used for fun by the poster.