[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Free Blinky??

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    It's a cover that was created for me by a friend. As far as I am aware no artwork exists for any of Blinky's albums.
    It's lovely.

I don't think it's necessarily a case of "no-one wants to release it", probably more so "the people that Universal would consider licensing the album to aren't interested".
    I get the impression Universal are a little wary about who they license Motown recordings out to, and I remember it being a big deal a couple of years ago when Ace were allowed for the first time to release some previously unreleased Motown masters.

Is it possible those great people at ACE may change there minds and take up the challenge of freeing Blinky from the vaults.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Ace are not interested either
    I never asked: why aren't ACE interested in releasing Blinky's Motown recordings? Just wondering. ACE usually do [[and are excellent at) 1960s unreleased Motown, which is exactly what a Blinky release would be. Why wouldn't they be interested in it? Is it more of a temporary thing -- as they are prioritising other acts before Blinky -- or just that they are not interested in her, full stop...?