[REMOVE ADS]

"The Unsung Musicians Of The Motown Empire"

Documentary Coming Soon........

Great news:

It is sad to say that a lot of them have passed on.

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by edafan View Post
    Great news:

It is sad to say that a lot of them have passed on.

edafan
    Right. It is so important to keep their memory alive. I am thankful that a documentary is forthcoming.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  21.1 KB
    It looks terrific! I can't wait to see and hear it!

I think it is available as we speak. Access www.easzmusic.org. Click on the video icon. Scroll down - Parham introduces the documentary - Unsung Musicians of Motown. Click on the MORE icon. The second comment takes you to www.eamtradio.com/dvd-documentary/ and it shows that you can order it at the point for $20.00 plus $7.00 shipping and handling.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I think it is available as we speak. Access www.easzmusic.org. Click on the video icon. Scroll down - Parham introduces the documentary - Unsung Musicians of Motown. Click on the MORE icon. The second comment takes you to www.eamtradio.com/dvd-documentary/ and it shows that you can order it at the point for $20.00 plus $7.00 shipping and handling.
    Thank you very much Woodward!

This confuses me somewhat. I don't recognize the musicians in the promo. And no mention of the Funk Brothers? Maybe I need to watch the video again.

Well Marcus and Beans....but most...Just watched it again. Might have noticed Paul Riser, but the rest of this is somewhat of a mystery to me. Someone care to enlighten me?

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    This confuses me somewhat. I don't recognize the musicians in the promo. And no mention of the Funk Brothers? Maybe I need to watch the video again.
    I agree: Didn't Standing In The Shadows of Motown cover this subject.
    This looks like it emphasizes the horn players.

edafan
    Last edited by edafan; 12-11-2016 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    I spoke with Duane on a few occasions about his project. Yes, SITSOM focused and was about the Funk Brothers and Duane, being a horn player himself, wanted to do a project about the other musicians, sans Funk Brothers who had already gained much notoriety from Allan Slutskys project. Obviously, SITSOM was a much higher budget project, but Duane did a nice job introducing the other Motown musicians on his project...Another friend of mine, Gil Baker has vast video he did with many legendary session musicians from the Wrecking Crew guys, to Muscle Shoals, Philly guys, Memphis musicians etc in a project he is working on called "Session Men"...Many greats like Glen Campbell, Hal Blaine, and all the others as he travelled and built up his film vault going back to the 90's. You can find some of the uncut material on YouTube under "Session Men". Some amazing stuff with many legendary musicians and artists...WOrking on wrappng up the project, finish funding, and putting all the raw video together...

Hopefully it will mention if Maurice Davis did that great trumpet solo at the beginning of Papa Was A Rolling Stone in 1972. I hope my information is correct.

edafan

SLightly off topic [[Motown)...but here's a sample of my friend Gil Bakers forthcoming documentary...Session Men... https://youtu.be/w9-FfwwXRDg