[REMOVE ADS]

Motown [[Video Originals) Time Capsules

[B]I have two of the Motown produced Video Originals as follows:
    The 1960's featuring one act from each year 1960 to 1969 and
    The 1970's featuring one act from each year 1970 to 1979

Unfortunately they are on video cassette tapes. I do not believe they were reissued in DVDs.

The 1960's is color with B&W segments. The 1970's is in color. Each run 50 minutes.

Does anyone know if these are the only two in the series? I believe that they are but I could be mistaken. Also were they ever reissued on DVDs?

Released in 1986.

I used to have them..never seen them on dvd.. when I made my documentary on Motown for New Zealand tv in the late 90s I used the clip of Stevie Wonder "Superstition" from it..it featured him on Hollywood Palace with a bright yellow/orange tint to the footage intermixed with religions and cults from around the globe if i remember correctly some clips from these VHS's didnt feature the artists in the clips...

VH1 used to show a clip of Marvin Gaye's PRIDE AND JOY quite often. But I don't recall him being in it, or if he was, it was briefly. Most of the footage was generic material from the time period of the recording.

i was excited when i read the 70s edition tracklisting..I thought I found a clip of Diana doing "Love Hangover" in that pre -internet age..but the clip was just a bunch of disco dancers..

Here are the sixties:

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Here are the sixties:

Thanks for posting this. I listened to the YouTube you provided. It has been so long since I looked at the video cassette tape that I have and I hardly recalled the video. Overall, I would give the video two stars at the most. There was too much other material in the video. Of the 50 minute duration, I would estimate that we were lucky if :10 was devoted to the artists performing. For some reason I recalled that it was all artists performing.

Another comment I would like to make about the production. When they introduce each song, they showed the album that the song was included in and they had a 45 record rolling across the screen. EVERY SINGLE 45 was a Motown 45 - the Miracles, Marvin Gaye, Temptations, Stevie Wonder, and Edwin Starr songs were not released on the Motown label. It would be so much more realistic if the Miracles were precluded by a Tamla 45.

What are the other members comments on the videos?

I completely agree Woodward. It seemed odd to me. A video oststensibly about Motown which was more a travelogue about the 60s!