[REMOVE ADS]

Page 85 of 134 FirstFirst ... 35 75 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 95 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,250 of 6654

Thread: Yo... Moe

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    Congrats X2 Jerry Oz!!

Trust me Moe, I feel your pain and frustration!
    Thanks. I needed something good because literally every team that I like [[NBA, NCAA men's hoops & football) has lost every game they played since Monday. Several of them in heartbreaking fashion. I'm thinking about taking up a new way to pass my time...

My team needs to rebuild, period. It starts with the QB. His ego needs to call it a day & just retire on the millions he’s made. I remember before the season started he was to have been paid some ridiculous amount of money but “settled “ for 19million to “help the team.” Really? The party is over, check your ego at the door & call it a day. And for anything less then the Rooney’s may be under the influence of some wacky stuff.

When I think about Jimmy G of the Niners with a 27-million-dollar [[no trade clause) contract and Big Ben taking 19 million…sounds pretty humble on Big Ben’s part to me.

Looking from the outside in I think he should hang it up [[and take Brady with him) but
    most professional athletes have a very unique persepctive on life that is not easy for someone like me [[a non athlete) to relate to. It is what it is. shrugs

The Pittsburgh Sportswriters are showing no mercy. Good for them! I won’t be able to see Tomlin’s press conference tomorrow until later in the day. It won’t make for a happy environment at Steelers Headquarters.

So what is the answer? They fire everyone and wait 3 to 5 years to rebuild?

I have not said a word on Twitter. I’ll admit I don’t know the answer except that, maybe we should’ve been shopping for a new QB a year or two ago. No one pays me to make those decisions. That’s it. People are going nuts.

And did I hear the 49ers are unloading Jimmy G at the end of the season?

TJ Watt has Covid…,.

From ESPN.com:
    Mike Tomlin promises changes for Pittsburgh Steelers after lopsided loss to Cincinnati Bengals

Brooke Pryor
    ESPN Staff Writer

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said there will be changes coming to his 5-5-1 team after its lopsided loss to the Cincinnati Bengals.

"We just stunk the place up," he said. "When you play the way that we played and the score is as lopsided as it is, that's just the reality of it.

"... What you can't do is continue to do the things that you've been doing and expect a different result. We're open to some schematic changes. We're open to some personnel changes, obviously. They won't be drastic in nature, probably more subtle in nature, but hopefully significant. Significant in a positive way."

Tomlin said the changes will come in both what the Steelers do and who they do it with, using last year's Week 8 win against the Baltimore Ravens as an example. In that game, the Steelers frequently used a package of three outside linebackers, leaning on their depth at the position.

"It might be the repositioning of people or it might be the leaning on depth as a strength," Tomlin said of how he could enact change. "We don't overcomplicate things, but we are open to change when change produces or has a chance to produce a desired outcome.

"When you have red paint, you paint your barn red. That's kind of a motto or a cliché that we live by at times. That's what I mean when I'm saying we're open to change. Is it people and insertion of people? Yes, if it potentially makes us better, but not for the sole purpose of change. It may just mean the alignment or configuration of people in an effort to highlight areas maybe where we have depth and maybe minimize some areas where we don't."

Some of those changes will likely be seen up front -- on both sides of the ball. Offensive tackle Zach Banner, who spent the first half of the season on injured reserve, has slowly earned more playing time in jumbo packages, and he could be in line to regain the starting spot he lost after tearing his ACL last season. And, on the defensive line, the Steelers signed former Green Bay Packers third-round pick Montravius Adams off the New Orleans Saints practice squad, giving them much-needed depth at nose tackle.

One change that won't be happening any time soon, though, is the return of defensive lineman Stephon Tuitt, who hasn't participated in any team drills dating back to training camp. Still recovering from knee surgery, Tuitt remains on IR, and Tomlin didn't have an update on a timetable for his return.

"He won't be available to us this week, and so the people that have my attention are those that will be," Tomlin said. "We'll continue to monitor his progress, and when he gets close I'll have an update for you guys."

After players like Minkah Fitzpatrick said the team needed to change how it practices, suggesting more reps and more up-tempo walk-throughs, Tomlin said they could also utilize pads this week in preparation for Sunday's game against the Ravens. But Tomlin also declined to say if some players, like quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who often misses Wednesday and has been a limited participant in some Thursday practices, specifically needed to get more work in practice.

"Some people need physical work, some people need mental work, some people need to get well," Tomlin said. "We don't paint with a broad brush. We make individual decisions that are based on the individual men that put us in position to carry the strongest unit into a stadium on weekends, and that philosophical approach will not change."

One change, though, that isn't coming down the pipeline is one suggested by second-year wide receiver Chase Claypool. Speaking Monday, Claypool offered that playing music at practice might be a positive change.

"I think some music would help," Claypool said. "We had music in the warm-ups and that stuff is fun. People are dancing, having fun, so I think maybe music would make practice a little more fun and a little more up-tempo, that's my one suggestion but Coach T has been doing this a lot longer than I have."

Tomlin agreed with Claypool -- kind of.

"Claypool plays wideout, and I'll let him do that," Tomlin said Tuesday. "I'll formulate the practice approach. And I think that division of labor is probably appropriate."
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...burgh-steelers

I just love Coach’s response! We’ll see what happens Monday night. I may be sitting on the loser couch for a long time. Just bring me refreshments, please!

By the way, WFT beat Seattle? Wow

Morning, Ms M. I see where Amari Cooper got released from Covid protocol. But, will he play tonight?

**UGGGHH...** I'm in position of having to root for the Boyz tonight? Think I'll avoid Facebook for a couple of days.

Ohhhhhhh, that's right.......they're playing the Saints!!

Looks like you spelled "Stains" incorrectly there... But yeah, they're playing the curiously-overpaid Taysom Hill tonight.

MS.M- HOW'S THAT CROWN FITTING? HEHEHEHE...MOE DON'T PANIC YET,OUR STEELERS HAVE BEEN ONE OF THE STEADY TEAMS FOR YEARS[THREE COACHES IN FIFTY YEARS]TOMLIN WILL FIGURE IT OUT,YES BIG BEN IS THROUGH BUT NEXT SEASON[AARON RODGERS-RUSSELL WILSON-MITCH TRABINSKY]MAY BE AVAILABLE..WE'RE A QB AWAY FROM GREATNESS AGAIN.. HEY JERRY, I CRINGE AT THE VERY THOUGHT OF HAVING TO ROOT FOR THE DIRTY DALLAS COWBOYZ, BUT BECAUSE WE LAID AN EGG WITH THE SAINTS I MAY HAVE TO...I'M GONNA GET REAL DRUNK FOR THIS ONE..,.[I'd rather eat leftovers from Grady's kitchen than root for Dallas...I'm getting nausaus over here], BUT ON THE OTHER HAND THEM[defenseplaying]GIZZARDS ARE STILL WINNING..GO GIZ!!!

LOL, you guys are too funny and congrats on your win Jai.

Moe last I heard Amari will be playing in a limited basis.

I'm strangely calm at the moment. We shall see how the night unfolds.

Forgive me, Jerry.....my spelling isn't what it used to be

My best for your Boyz tonight, Ms M

Don't mind me. I have derogatory names for most teams, especially rivals [Jests, Deflatriots, Buffalo BS, Carolina Panties, Tampax Bay/Tompa Boo, and Stains]. I can't come up with a good one to use for the Steelers when I deal with my brother.

Thanks Moe much appreciated.

What Strahan needs to understand about Boyz fans, we don't give a flying fig tree about the opinions of NON BOYZ fans....just saying....

Let's Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your brother wouldn't be happy, Jerry........
    AB suspended for falsifying vax card

Funny how AB got 3 games for falsifying his status but A-A-Ron got a game for lying about being "immunized" and willfully violating safety and health protocols.

Am I the only one that detest the GMC hands free driving commercial?

It feels great to say ... TOUCHDOWN!

What a catch! Might be the best touchdown catch we'll see this year.

You really haven't been watching much football this season have you? LOL

Works for me!

Toe drag swag. Loving it! LOL

Another FG that works for me!

Wow. Pollard had to have topped 20 mph on that run. He outran the angle of the safety.

Name:  touchdown-cowboys-dallascowboys.jpg
Views: 1162
Size:  11.4 KB

That was nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Wow. Pollard had to have topped 20 mph on that run. He outran the angle of the safety.
    My mouth is still open. LOL

Oh no he didn't. LOL

Are you kidding me?

I'm loving it!

I'm still loving it. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Touchdown

WTH was that all about?

Name:  Good Night My Friends.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  31.2 KB

This was a good night!

Congrats, ms_m. You have 10 days to enjoy a win in your last game and that's a good feeling. Meanwhile, I'm heading into Sunday like:

Now THAT was a run!!!!!!!! Congrats Ms M!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, ms_m. You have 10 days to enjoy a win in your last game and that's a good feeling. Meanwhile, I'm heading into Sunday like:
    Jerry, you are not the only one. I'm holding my breath for Sunday.
    Last edited by moe; 12-03-2021 at 08:08 AM.

Thank's Moe, a win after all these weeks feels good.

See you soon Jai...see you very soon!

BTW Moe, did I miss a schedule change? I thought TT was playing against the dirty birds this Sunday afternoon?!?

You're right, Ms M. I was looking at something else & I corrected it above. My Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    You're right, Ms M. I was looking at something else & I corrected it above. My Bad.
    No problem, it's early. LOL

Jerry Oz I've been racking my brain trying to find something positive and inspirational for you. Unfortunately, It's Gonna Take A Miracle keeps playing on a loop in my head....but hey, miracles can happen!

BTW Moe, did I miss a schedule change? I thought TT was playing against the dirty birds this Sunday afternoon?!?
    Nah, Falcons are throwing hope into the wind against Tompa Boo. What's funny is that we actually had momentum against them in the second game of the season when the wheels fell off completely. Birds can't figure out one thing that they do well [besides give the ball to Corderelle Patterson frequently] and that's gonna be the recipe for frustration. The good news [kinda] is that we already won more games than last season and still have a prayer of making the playoffs*.

*Until about 4:00 PM EST this Sunday. But you never know. Father time is going to catch Tom Terrific eventually, so why not on Sunday afternoon?

Jerry Oz I've been racking my brain trying to find something positive and inspirational for you. Unfortunately, It's Gonna Take A Miracle keeps playing on a loop in my head....but hey, miracles can happen!
    Nah, miracles are not needed. Preparation and focus are. Anyway, the Dolphins have won four in a row and looked good doing it against two good teams and two bad ones. This week, they're playing the G-Men who probably won't have Daniel Jones under center, so they're favored to be 6-7 going into a bye week. If they can do that, there's a better path forward for them than in Atlanta.

Dolphins' fans are in a tizzy because a lot want to flush Tua because he's not Justin Herbert or Joe Burrow while others want to keep him because believe it or not, he's got a better record and comparable stats to both of those guys even though his supporting personnel is objective trash. For some reason, the national media is on a narrative to make it seem as if Tua's a bum but in his first 16 games [over two seasons], his stats [including win/loss record] are better than Kyler Murray, who won Rookie of the Year.

I think the kid just needs a chance. If he can throw for 80%+ completions in two straight games in spite of having almost no time to throw the ball, how much better can he be with a line that knows how to block? Not just that, but the Fins started the year five-deep at WR who could potentially start and right now, they have only one of them available. It's been that kind of year.

I would give about anything to see a visit from Father Time to Brady.
    But, it's Divisional Football at its finest Sunday at Heinz Field when the Steelers play the Ratbirds at 4:25pm.

And Antonio Brown? You keep showing what kind of person you are.......

There are a few games of interest this Sunday. As said before, I haven't been watching too much football this season, but I think there are a couple of games that I want to see. Including Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Expecting some good old fashioned slobberknocking to take place.