[REMOVE ADS]

Page 60 of 134 FirstFirst ... 10 50 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 70 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 3,000 of 6654

Thread: Yo... Moe

I agree. There's no more reason to retire his number now than there was when he retired 50 years ago. This is just a PR move to distract away from calls to change the name, which are going to be coming hard and heavy very soon.

Looks like the Quizzards are going to be toast when the tournament opens at the end of July:

Wizards' Davis Bertans will sit out NBA restart in Orlandoplay
    11:13 AM ET
    Adrian WojnarowskiTim Bontemps
    With a looming free agency, Washington Wizards forward Davis Bertans -- a Most Improved Player candidate for the 2019-2020 season -- will sit out the NBA's restart in Orlando, Florida, as a preventive measure, sources told ESPN.

Bertans, 27, is on the cusp of a lucrative, long-term contract and has had two previous ACL injuries.

As an organization, the Wizards are fully supportive of his decision to stay back from the league's 22-team restart and remain determined to sign him in free agency, sources said.

In Washington this season, Bertans posted career highs across the board, including points [[15.9) and minutes [[29.3) while shooting 42.4% from 3-point range on over eight attempts per game, making himself one of the best sixth men in the NBA.

If beal had any sense he would sit out too,they won't win more than two of the eight games.

If that. Don't forget that the bottom 8 teams are staying home, so the games should all be competitive. Bertans' loss is huge. I read where Avery Bradley's not coming back for the Lakers either, but other than chemistry and defense, he's not nearly as important as Bertans is for Washington.

They should just cancel the whole thing,if two teams have to quarentine the season is shot,put an asterisk on it.

Fellow nfl fans the great offensive line coach of the redskins[joe bugel]recently passed away,he put together one of the greatest o-lines in nfl history..the hogs..r.i.p.

RIP, Joe Bugel. The Hogs were the foundation of those great teams. Washington had two of the greatest position groups [[with the greatest nicknames) in history between the Hogs and the Smurfs. My Fins had the No Name Defense in the '70s and the Killer Bs in the '80s. Falcons had the Gritz Blitz but it didn't ring with anybody outside of Atlanta.

The greatest names for position groups were the Steel Curtain [[hi moe!), the Purple People Eaters, the Smurfs and the Hogs.

Hey jerry,the[fearsome foursome-l.a.rams]were pretty good too!

How could I forget? Deacon Jones came up with the word "sack" and was a beast on a beastly defensive line. It's something that Merlin Olson, Rosey Grier and Deacon Jones all went on to be known as well off the field as they were known on it. That's life as a stud athlete in Los Angeles. All of those groups earned their names with outstanding play.

Well it seems like they finally got through to danny snyder...[they hit him in his pockets]after vowing never to change the team name,the search is underway for a new name-warriors-presidents-generals-redtails-monuments[the one i like]all of a sudden folks are jumping off the name[redskins]like it contains covid 19,i feel foolish because i have the posters,ect on my wall and also the -jerseys,hats while knowing that the name is racist,but at the same time it's my home team,but i'm glad they're gonna change it.

Hey jerry,bradley beal announced that he's not playing in the wizards little season,he's injured and he's right not to play...of course they won't win a game now but who cares,haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Wow. They are so toast. You're right, without Beal and Bertans, they can barely put five decent players on the court.

Every game a blowout....ouch!!

Nah, if y'all play the Sixers, I'll bet you get us. We always play down to teams that we should blow out while playing tough against good teams.

You know better than that,unless i put the chucks back on who's gonna score-heheheheehhe!!!

Rui, is going to be your go-to player. He might establish himself as a future star by keeping the Quizzards in a few games.

Rumor has it that Snyder is announcing the name change today [[Monday). It's going down...

Yep,looks like-redwolves,i don't like it,i was thinking about something simple like-the washington football club[the club]that way nobody gets offended and we keep the colors with a[w]on the helmets.

I'd like to see them renamed to the Red Foxxes. When somebody loses a fumble or throws an interception in the stadium, the crowd could shout his name before the PA announcer played Fred Sanford saying "...you big dummy!" It could become a new tradition.

I'm sure that fred wherever he is has a smile on his face.

It doesn't look like there are going to be many smiles on the faces of people associated with the Washington [[Whatever) football team today. Rumors are hot that [[a)the two scouts who got fired last week were let go because of a huge scandal, and that [[b)Dan Snyder might be forced to sell the team as a result.

If danny is forced out,it's a good day he shoulda been gone,larry micheal the cheese eating announcer is out too,i hated the way they forced the great frank herzog out so what comes around goes around,i sincerly hope they don't pick[warriors,redtails]...and jerry you know as well as me that every race on earth has a name that's derogatory and redskins is that for native americans,and i'm sick of a certain group of folk...[you know who i mean]running around talkin bout...i talked to some indians and they ok with the name,if a black person walked around with a shirt saying the washington n....rs we would look at him with shame even if we didn't say anything,i once wore my redkins jursey to work years ago and a native american lady was visiting and the look ahe gave me made me want to crawl under a table,and even as i type this i feel like a damn hypocrite for wearing the gear even though i'm a longtime fan of the home team,and have a wall full of stuff in the basement which i'm gonna treat as a museum,and if any native american person is reading this post i apologize and vow to do better.

Preach! Dan Snyder is a dog who made donations to Native American tribal foundations and then got the leaders of those tribes to come out and say they weren't offended by the name. Absolute trash human being. And he had the nerve to insist that he was keeping the name because he "respected" Native Americans so much. If I told somebody that calling a team the Bushmen was offensive to me and the response was "No, it's not", I'd probably try to choke him to death. So, let's see what's coming down the pike. If he's pushed out, now would be the perfect time to change the name along with the culture.

And with me living in Central Ohio, I'm still dealing with fools who want to hang onto THIS like the Southerners hold onto the Confederate flag:

You know Jerry,it's sad the way our people have fallen for the okie doke,if any group should understand the plight of Native peoples it should be us,but then many of us don't understand our own,I mean damn-a team founded by an avowed racist who refused to sign a black to his team until forced to do so and gave his team a derogatory name and we as Blacks blindly went along with it,this is why many folk from D.C.root for other teams,I still follow the team but I'm glad that finally justice is served.

Me too. My niece is the only fan that I know locally. Her uncle lives in DC and has season tickets, so every season he gives her and my nephew seats to a game. I need to ask her how she feels about the change.

So, 15 women [[so far) are accusing staffers of sexual harassment but none has implicated Snyder. The two personnel men were let go because their names are in the lawsuit. So is the radio voice [[I had forgotten about him quitting). Reading the account, it seems like a bunch of frat boys couldn't give up their immature college habits after graduating. Let's see how Roger handles it.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/f...bshell-report/

Yep,i'm hearing some stuff as i type this,on sports radio.

Seriously, I know a lot of guys think that the #MeToo movement is somehow anti-male but I would hate to be a woman in today's society. Putting up with some of the dumbest stuff at work and in public would grow old for any man but we don't think too hard about putting somebody else's wife, mother or daughter through the most embarrassing BS. We have to do better.

Well jerry,it's the[washington football team]with numbers on the helmets,i like it!!

I'm going to love the helmets. I think the plain Penn State unis are the best in sports. Alabama? Not so much. But they're trying to buy time with that awful monicker [[Washington Football Team). They're going to either settle with that guy who copyrighted most likely names or they're going to sue him to steal his rights. Should have called them the Asterisk this year. "Ladies and gentlemen... Please welcome your hometown Washington*!!"

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..the asterisk...i like-the washington rats..reps the rats running down town and the ones on the hill,hehehe..a slice of cheese on the helmets!!

I vote for the Washington Monuments. Of course the Hogs would be a good nod to one of the best offensive groups in history. Or if you really want to do it right, the Washington Smurf Hogs would be the best name that I can think of. You could put an angry little blue cartoon pig on your helmet.

Washington smurf hogs...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! !

The merchandise would fly off the shelves if they changed the name to Smurf Hogs. People [[like me) who aren't even fans would buy it.

Well,the nba has started,it's silly just pick the top teams and get the playoffs started..the gizzards???? Really.

Lightning may strike. Stranger things have happened. Maybe Roy Hobbs is stuck on the end of their bench, waiting for the chance to play.

Well sports fans,it seems that my beloved home team has hire a team president[african american]jason wright who played seven years in the league,are they actually trying to do positive things? Time will tell-stay tuned!!

We'll see. Your helmets are on fire by the way.

Hey jerry,i'll bet you lunch at grady's that danny will find a way to mess something up!

Well sports fans,here we go again,news reporting that some more female employees have come out with charges of sexual harassment against dan snyder and the washington team front office...stay tuned!

I saw that. Goodell is letting Snyder investigate himself so I can't see where that can go wrong...

Meanwhile, in the wide wide world of sports, the NBA was forced to call off playoff games after the Milwaukee Bucks decided not to play. They were joined by the other teams and tonight, the Brewers and Reds decided the country was too screwed up for sports. Stay tuned.

Yep,this is getting out of hand,the closer to the election the crazier it's getting,trump had better get a grip before this blows up in his face.

Never underestimate how much America will lean toward racism in times of perceived crisis. Trump's only path to winning depends on how white Americans embrace his overtly racist language. Last night, Tucker Carlson said that the 17-year old who murdered two people in Kenosha was justified because the police allowed anarchists to get out of control. Think about that: He's saying that if cops don't kill us to keep us in place, it's up to average citizens to take up arms to do it. And he's still on the air.

I'd like to think that Trump is flailing and will wilt under pressure but 401 years of history makes me believe that this country is what it is. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Me neither,it's gonna get crazier!

OK everyone........the football season has begun. Opinions??

Everybody is off to a horrible start. Miami, Atlanta and Dallas have all taken the L. Except for the Washington Football Team. Your squad plays tonight so good luck, Miss. Atlanta looked awful yesterday, especially on defense. I'm not expecting Miami to be a good team until around game 6 or 7; too many new pieces to play well as a unit in week one and no preseason. Dwayne Haskins apparently took his role as leader in Washington seriously. I'm happy about that because I think he has a chance to be really good. The Boys got cheated by a horrible call late in their game as ms_m can attest. Dallas and Atlanta are playing on Sunday. I hope we drag them badly.

I have James Conner on my fantasy football team tonight and I'm down by 40, so I need at least 20 points from him. Let him know.

Without a doubt Jerry [[on the Boys bad call)........Ms M, where are you???
    Tom Brady, Gronk, et al didn't really impress, did they??
    I let Connor know you REALLY need him to steamroll it tonight

Hi sports gang,well my team came back to earth and i'm ok with it,why? Because we're a work in progress,a decent front seven but a weak secondary,a qb who still needs some work on getting rid of the ball and accuracy,we need a safety,a corner,a receiver or two and a tight end, the cardinals are pretty good and i had to come down off of my expectations[10-6]opps-err-ahem-hehe[7-9 maybe 8-8]when we play good teams we're gonna lose,now i expect us to beat the teams on our level-lions-bengals-browns-giants,and take one from dallas and upset some one who might overlook us,so this is where i'm at...now as most of you know the one nfl team that i actually despise is the lowdown dirty dallas cowboys[always have always will]the team i love to hate[hehe]now there's a second team of this hit list,the no account soft can't hold a lead-atlanta parakeets or the tweety burds-falcons-haaaaaaaaaa,a falcon is a fighting bird,these chumps got no fight in em[how do you choke away a game like that yesterday,of course they choked away a superbowl too it's just the nature of the soft]...ms m christmas came early for your boyz,moe our steelers almost gave one away whew!!

My team blew a 19 point halftime lead to ms_m's Boyz. And we lost the game because four Falcons players didn't know that you can jump on an onside kick before it travels 10 yards. Everybody who plays football learns that on day one but my team decided to stand around and give the opponents a fair chance to recover. I might be done for another season. The NFL [[and to be more specific, the Falcons) hates my guts.

LOTS of injuries...........Barkley, Garrappolo, etc. It's like this every year at this time in the season! R&B, almost needed CPR on the Steelers play Sunday!! I just listened to Tomlin's press conference today & he said All Pro Guard David DeCastro will practice this week, hopefully return. But...not to fear...my boy Kevin Dotson, a 4th rounder, not invited to the columbine, protected Big Ben [[look at his performance). On Sunday it'll be the battle of the Watts.