[REMOVE ADS]

Page 122 of 134 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 132 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,100 of 6665

Thread: Yo... Moe

If that be the case, Ralph then you need to express your views here about your team like we do every week. You have some ok games coming up & you play the Ravens in week 7.
    The Falcons QB [Ridder] didn't look good yesterday, courtesy of those 7 sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    You guys better start paying more attention to my Lions. Awesome defensive Line. Sacked N.O. 7 times yesterday.
    Congrats, Ralph. Wish we'd put up some effort though. Our defense played well enough to be beat the Lions but last year's 3rd best NFL OL played like a bunch of fat slobs who are happy that they've all been paid. And Ridder looks all the world like a guy who is scared to play. We'll see if anything changes in London next week.

There's talk about Jimmy Garapolo playing with a concussion after he was hit last night. Curiously, none of the angst and consternation that surrounded Tua's situation last season seems to be present in the discussion. The NFLPA apparently isn't upset about it. Neither are any of the hosts on the morning sports talk shows.

Don't get me wrong: Tua's concussions were very serious and remain a concern of mine. But the lack of headlines about Jimmy G. playing makes last season's noise seem to be... performative. Stephen A. Smith even derided Mike McDaniel as being someone who cared more about wins than his players' health. But today, it was all crickets from the Mouth That Roars.

Got it Moe. I'll do what I can. I already messed up having the Lions playing N.O. instead of Atlanta. Getting worse every day, Moe.

Jerry, I messed up The Lions played Atlanta yesterday. See Moe for possible explanation.

I was painfully aware, Ralph. Believe you, me.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Got it Moe. I'll do what I can. I already messed up having the Lions playing N.O. instead of Atlanta. Getting worse every day, Moe.
    Ralph, you think you're the only one? Welcome aboard!! It's nice to see that after a dry spell that the Lions have come to life. We'll look for you on this thread

Welcome aboard the "Yo Moe" train Ralph and congrats on your Lions win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    There's talk about Jimmy Garoppolo playing with a concussion after he was hit last night. Curiously, none of the angst and consternation that surrounded Tua's situation last season seems to be present in the discussion. The NFLPA apparently isn't upset about it. Neither are any of the hosts on the morning sports talk shows.

Don't get me wrong: Tua's concussions were very serious and remain a concern of mine. But the lack of headlines about Jimmy G. playing makes last season's noise seem to be... performative. Stephen A. Smith even derided Mike McDaniel as being someone who cared more about wins than his players' health. But today, it was all crickets from the Mouth That Roars.
    Hahaha...I was about to say something snarky but I'll let that thought go. However, if I'm not mistaken Jimmy G played with a possible concussion [maybe more than one] when he was with the Niners. Unfortunately many players do.

I think the real issue with Tua and the criticism was the "look" of it all. shrugs

Lions are playing the Packers on Thursday night. Should be a good game. Jordan Love is young but seems to have potential as the successor to the deplorable Aaron Rodgers and the deplorable Brett Favre. Hopefully, he will play as well on the field but not emulate them off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    Hahaha...I was about to say something snarky but I'll let that thought go. However, if I'm not mistaken Jimmy G played with a possible concussion [maybe more than one] when he was with the Niners. Unfortunately many players do.

I think the real issue with Tua and the criticism was the "look" of it all. shrugs
    Yeah, and it was a horrible situation that was as bad as it looked. I'm actually cool with how the world seemed to split open and suddenly care about the health of players [especially one of my current favorites]. I just want to know why it's not as important a year later when it happened to somebody else.

That almighty dollar has mesmerized those owners to the point of oblivion.

And Joe Burrow last night???????

I didn't even watch the Bengals game. I watched the Eagles vs Bucs until it became a one-sided affair and then switched to watching other stuff.

OK Ralph, you're up tonight. Lions vs Packers. Should be a good one.

Wow. First quarter's over and the Lions are suplexing the Packers. Atlanta fans everywhere are feeling better about last week's game, which came down to a few big plays by the Lions offense and literally no good play by the Falcon's defense. It was that we were terrible; Detroit looks pretty durned good right now. Nobody's going to want to play them.

Its half time and the Lions are up 27-3. Think I'm going to turn in. I'm tired. Hey. I'm 81. The Lions will win this.

.....And they did. Congrats, Ralph. They really overpowered them. Nice to see a team that's been dormant for years come to life.

Yeah, Moe. Their defensive line is brutal. 4 sacks at halftime, 7 sacks in Sunday's game. I'm loving it.

Happy Sunday err body. Think I'll start with the Commanders and Eagles and then just surf until we're up. Good Luck ya'll, see ya back here soon.

UGH.................

If this doesn't show why Matt Canada has to go nothing does!! And this is meant for Tomlin as well as the Rooneys. What a cluster.......:[[

On the other hand......Hi Ms M!!

Hi Moe, sorry, you too Jerry.

On the other hand, hell of a game Jai. I'm actually pulling for the Eagles but your guys are playing so well I kinda hope you get the overtime win.

Oh snap, gotta go, my Boyz are UP. LOL

We start with a field goal. It's gonna be a looooooooong day.

Touchdown!!!!!

Touchdown
    and we scored again LOL

FG, although I was hopping he would go for it but....I'll take it!

Interception and Touchdown
    Keep it up Boyz!!!!!

Another interception, stand by.....LOL

Well it wasn't a TD but it was a field goal. We're looking good in the neighborhood!!!!!
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-01-2023 at 06:28 PM.

Oh wow, I took a mini break and came back to discover Mac Jones was benched. It didn't help. LOL

Boys and girls can we spell, TOUCHDOWN teehee.

Well that was enjoyable.

Congrats, Ms M!!!!!!! Nothing gives me greater joy than the Patriots losing!! And got their butts slapped by your Boyz.

Well, I'm glad I went to church instead of staying home to watch the Falcons game. We need a QB because Desmond Ridder's not figuring it out. And then, I wish I'd stayed at church instead of watching the Dolphins lay their egg. God must have known it because I watched it over Mom's house and the power went out for two hours and I was spared the pain of that loss.

We'll get back at it next week.

Thanks Moe, apparently it was the worse loss in Belichick's history. That and the win has put a big grin on my face.

Don't know what to say about the Dirty Byrd's Jerry but I have faith the Dolphins will bounce back.

Wow, I can't believe the Jets ALMOST beat the Chiefs. Zack Wilson looked pretty good. Made a few mistakes that cost him the game but damn, not bad.

Name:  Good Night My Friends.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  31.2 KB

The 2 - 1pm games I was able to see were Ravens/Browns & Bengals/Titans. Maybe that was a good omen that no one wanted me to see the Steelers self destruct.
    I hope the right heads roll for this.

I feel ya Moe, I truly do but I would hate to see my fantasy husband's head rolling down the streets of Pittsburgh.

I think it goes even further, Ms M. The Rooneys bear some responsibility here, too. Canada needs to go, plain & simple. We're out of excuses, Coach. You're now on the hot seat for this [no matter what you think of Coach T, hahaha].
    Kendrick Green was on X [Twitter] last evening giving it to all of Steeler Nation. If you remember the Steelers drafted him, tried to turn him into the replacement center [Pouncey retired], didn't do so well [he wasn't cut out for it], benched him, & then traded him to the Texans. He played & played extremely well. Gotta give credit to where credit is due.

You know what was my favorite play in your Boyz game? The point after that turned into a 2 point conversion. The Patriots used that very play before & the Cowboys knew this & used it against them. HAHAHA.....ain't it a bitch? And I could read Belicheat's reaction!! Even better!!

I heard Tomlin say that changes are being made, sans elaboration. That's the gist of what Atlanta coach Arthur Smith said as well. Fans are calling for Canada's head in Pittsburgh and fans are begging to give Taylor Heinecke a shot in Atlanta. We've seen him play better in relief for the Commoners than Ridder's currently playing, so why not?

Looks like after a week where Dallas took the only L among us, they're back to looking like world beaters and the rest of our teams are looking for answers. The NFL is a teeter totter of emotional swings every week.

I'm curious as to what your brother may say about Tomlin's comment, Jerry.
    I'm going to the negative end of his comment & say "nothing will happen."
    Or maybe a reshuffling of things, but essentially nothing.

I'm sure he'll tell me without my having to ask. I'll let you know after we talk.

"The NFL is a teeter totter of emotional swings every week."

AKA Any Given Sunday.....

It'll be interesting today to hear Tomlin's Press Conference today.

Falcons and Dolphins message boards both have a different tone this week than they had a week ago. I'm sure it's the same for the Steelers and [especially] for the Boyz on their forums. One week, the sky's the limit and the next, everybody wants to know who to draft with the first pick. It's only week 5, y'all.

I just heard Tomlin's press conference. Like I said......NOTHING! Telling us that the Steelers weren't physical enough, due to a short week....blah, blah, blah.
    When Brooke Pryor, 1 of the local reporters asked Tomlin about how the offense played all he said was "Not Good Enough." Duh, we all know that. Pickett has a bone bruise, no word if he or Mitch T will play.

I think one of the best things we did was send Chase Claypool to the Bears. Now the Bears are sick of him.....perhaps trade or release? Bad attitude, immature, not a team player....for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Falcons and Dolphins message boards both have a different tone this week than they had a week ago. I'm sure it's the same for the Steelers and [especially] for the Boyz on their forums. One week, the sky's the limit and the next, everybody wants to know who to draft with the first pick. It's only week 5, y'all.

LOL, I know what you mean. I was pissed with my Boyz when they lost cause they did not play up to their potential but wasn't ready to throw anyone under the bus.

Sunday's game should be really interesting, not only because of our game but it's Faith in Blue Sunday and members from our local police department will be attending our church. One of them is a Niners fan and I'm seriously thinking about wearing my Boyz jersey. LOL
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-03-2023 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    I just heard Tomlin's press conference. Like I said......NOTHING! Telling us that the Steelers weren't physical enough, due to a short week....blah, blah, blah.
    When Brooke Pryor, 1 of the local reporters asked Tomlin about how the offense played all he said was "Not Good Enough." Duh, we all know that. Pickett has a bone bruise, no word if he or Mitch T will play.

I think one of the best things we did was send Chase Claypool to the Bears. Now the Bears are sick of him.....perhaps trade or release? Bad attitude, immature, not a team player....for starters.
    Hate to hear that about Claypool. I watched a few of his YouTube videos his first year with the Steelers and at the time he seemed like a nice kid. Oh well, I was wrong!

I can't even hear Chase Claypool's name without thinking about the Monday night game where the Steelers were in need of a play with time running out. He caught a pass for a first down and instead of lining up to spike the ball, he wasted time showboating, allowing time to tick off the clock when they were down by 8 points. Sounds like he hasn't matured much since then.

Well, it looks like somebody woke up Justin Fields just in time to play perhaps his best game against the Commoners tonight.