[REMOVE ADS]

Page 118 of 134 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 128 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,900 of 6665

Thread: Yo... Moe

Happy to see you, Ms M!!!! One more preseason game & let's go!!!!!!!

You too Moe. Have a few events to attend over the next week or so and then I'll be back in the saddle to cheer and curse my beloved Boyzs!!!!

Good to hear from you, ms_m. I'm wondering if Mike McCarthy is on the hot seat if the Boyz take a step back after letting Kellen Moore go. If they do and the Chargers' offense takes a jump with him as coordinator, Jerry's gonna be unhappy.

Moe, my brother expects Kendrick Green to be cut. He said he's at loggerheads with Tomlin and we both know that's a stupid way to manage yourself during the offseason.

Well, the game's a clunker for the home team after three quarters. Shouldn't be too many complaints after final cuts on Sunday.

Like I said......it's preseason. Thank your brother for that opinion, Jerry. Because I agree with him. The other thing that could happen [I'm only speculating]is that either Kevin Dotson is cut or he is traded. That O Line has been picked & Dotson is the odd man out, plus he has a shoulder injury.

Thanks Jerry

Think it's a bit of a stretch to say he let him go. It was only a matter of time before Moore would leave. shrugs

I'm excited about a few new kids on the block, especially the little mighty mouse dude whose name escapes me at the moment but we shall see how it all plays out.

BTW Jerry, speaking of "hot seats' what's up with your boy Shanahan? I understand Purdy in the #1 position but Darnold as back up....REALLY????? Not to mention the way the entire thing has been handled. SMH
    Last edited by ms_m; 08-25-2023 at 04:30 PM.

Shanahan is a great mind. I think the problem in San Francisco is John Lynch. On one hand, he put together a deep and talented team that's been in the NFC championship game numerous times under his watch. On the other hand, the trade he made with Miami wound up resulting in the Dolphins acquiring Jaylen Waddle, Tyreek Hill AND Bradley Chubb. He's managed to improve the fortunes of two teams that are 2,000 miles apart. How much better would the Niners be if Lynch had used those picks the way the Dolphins did [not for the same players, but for similar quality player]?

LOL, this whole Kyle is a great mind/genius is crazy to me. Does he have a great and or genius offensive mindset...I'll take your word on that but does that make him a great coach? I say no and it amazes me that so many people want to throw everyone under the bus but Kyle!!!!!!

check out this read:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2023/8/...rs-development

Well Damn Sam! Trey Lance is going to the Boyz. Didn't think he would be around to sit on the Niners bench but I sure as heck didn't see Dallas in his future!

Good Morning All!

Needed time to process our new 3rd string qb. I'm not upset with the trade at all. There is something about the kid that I have liked from the beginning and we were able to pick up a "first round" pick for basically nothing. I'm not concerned about what Trey can or cannot do for us at this time but I do think it's INTERESTING [[and telling), he'd rather be the 3rd string for us than the team that gave up THREE FIRST ROUND PICKS AND A THIRD to get him.

You guys have a great day!!!! smooches

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    LOL, this whole Kyle is a great mind/genius is crazy to me. Does he have a great and or genius offensive mindset...I'll take your word on that but does that make him a great coach? I say no and it amazes me that so many people want to throw everyone under the bus but Kyle!!!!!!

check out this read:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2023/8/...rs-development
    We can agree to disagree about whether Kyle's a great coach. He's been to three championship games with the Niners and one Super Bowl. He also has three former top assistants coaching other teams and each has had a top 5 offense and made the playoffs using his system. That doesn't include his running the Falcons offense in the season when they went to Super Bowl LI.

It might be a stretch to call him "great" since he hasn't and may never win a chip, but he's definitely a top 5 coach in the league.

Interesting pickup. I'm wondering how Dallas is planning to develop Lance [great name for a Cowboy player, BTW]. If he shows promise, he could take Dak's job before his next contract comes up and cost a lot less money. That would open up a significant window of competitive opportunity by having a good QB on a reasonable contract. But it only makes sense if you acquired him to be the QB of the future, not a backup.

I'm looking at it from the point point of view that great/smart/genius coaches care and are good at developing players. I have yet to see that in Kyle. That's not to take away from any other skill set he may have but just my opinion.

I do have concerns for Trey since what he needs more than anything is reps. Will he get that with the Boyz, don't know but he made his choice so he has to live with it.

One more thing but then I need to get ready to go out. Kyle simply rubs me the wrong way. Is that my issue, yes but it's also me being honest about the way I feel. I think he has let the notion of being a genius go to his head. To paraphrase something I read about him, he believes all he needs are his so call great plays and someone who can execute them and the players feelings emotions or whatever be damn! shrugs.

Oh, and I don't know what Jerry has in mind for Trey's future, for Trey's sake I hope it's all good. I really do like the kid!

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    One more thing but then I need to get ready to go out. Kyle simply rubs me the wrong way. Is that my issue, yes but it's also me being honest about the way I feel. I think he has let the notion of being a genius go to his head. To paraphrase something I read about him, he believes all he needs are his so call great plays and someone who can execute them and the players feelings emotions or whatever be damn! shrugs.
    Kyle does think he's the smartest guy in the room. That's why the Falcons lost in LI. We needed to run the ball from the 27 yard line and kick a field goal to put the game out of reach but Mastermind got cute and called a pass play. The Pats sniffed it out, blitzed when it otherwise made no sense and the greatest collapse in history was made. Any idiot could have called a rush but I guess that's what makes him special.

I see where Will Grier is playing the whole game at QB for the Boyz and being given his pink slip at the end of the game. Sucks for him but if he plays well tonight, it'll give him a chance to be picked up by another team.

Just walked in. Guess I'll watch the rest of the game. The funny thing is, this season will be the first time in years I even know who the third man up is! LOL

I understand the business/marketing aspect and yeah I'm old school but I swear, interviewing coaches before the end of the game just seems tacky to me.

I think Grier will be fine. He looks good from what I've seen so far. Hope they groom Trey the same way!

THIS is the sort of thing I like to see. A QB that seems a team has totally worked with and developed and a another QB that gets the opportunity to call plays. I'm just saying. LOL

I'm tired and need to get up early so I'm out. But that was fun no matter how it ends!

Night!

Saw no games except Steelers/Falcons. End of preseason. I did read about Grier & saw that play that sandwiched the Dolphins receiver.....hope he's ok.

And now the cuts come.......

Teams need to shear 37 names from their rosters. The bottom ~5 players on each team can't sleep easy after cuts because there will be a lot of good players cut and picked up by new teams. The dust should settle by Friday, giving the new players a solid week to practice before game 1. It all begins in two weeks.

By the way, Kevin Dotson was traded to the Rams.

Didn't I say Dotson was the odd man out previously? Hate to see him go but it's a business. So we move on.....

Final cuts are in. Dallas and Miami traded underperforming [but potentially good] cornerbacks for each other. We'll see how that works for each.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Final cuts are in. Dallas and Miami traded underperforming [but potentially good] cornerbacks for each other. We'll see how that works for each.
    Maybe he developed a thing for first round picks.

I hope they both play well in their new homes. Noah was overdrafted at the end of the first round and Brian Flores wasn't interested in developing him. All scouting reports said he was raw and needed time. Flo was notorious for not wanting to develop young talent, which is why it took him less than a season to sour on Tua. Noah's been playing and practicing much better in training camp in preseason games, so he's definitely worth taking a chance on. I hope he steps up big time for your defense under Dan Quinn's more patient guidance.

Sometimes it takes a change of scenery for things to click. I agree, I hope this works out for them both. A lot of these kids have had a brutal [[putting it mildly) day!!!

Speaking of kids, based on my limited research, the kid [[Noah) is only 23. How the heck was he able to get drafted at such a young age?
    Last edited by ms_m; 08-29-2023 at 06:36 PM.

And Kendrick Green got traded to the Texans for a 6th round pick. That's not bad; I really thought he just wouldn't make the cut. GM Omar Khan doing deals. Jerry, I wonder if your brother was as surprised as I was by this one.

I'm sure I'll find out soon, Moe. And yeah, Noah was a kid when he was drafted. He entered Auburn as a wide receiver but switched to play cornerback. He had good measurable skills for a CB and could have played well if a team gave him minutes to take his lumps. Flo wasn't going to do that. He's one of those you only get one chance to make a first impression guys and a player with one year in his position was never going to take minutes away from a less-skilled but more talented vet.

So, when the Tuesday deadline came for the 53 man roster the Steelers had 2 punters! With a little slick move, GM Omar Khan unloaded one [[Mann) who was promptly picked up by the Jets & we got Cornerback Desmond King from the Texans.

Yeah, teams refer to "initial" rosters after "final" cuts because there's a great likelihood each will pick up 2-4 players [and cut that many] before opening day.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....HI MS M[WIT YO FINE SELF]NOW HOW BOUT DEM BOYZ...[HEHEHE] OL JERRY GOT HIM A NEW QB...HMMMMM...[i guess dak better be lookin over his shoulder]YOU BETTER PRAY THAT NOTHING HAPPENS TO DAK OR YOUR SEASON IS...OVA!!!

The Falcons and Commoners are both going with second round QBs. Not sure if I'm just thin-skinned but every article I read about Atlanta reads like:

The Falcons assembled a good roster but are taking their chances by rolling out third-rounder Desmond Ridder. The team will succeed or fail based on how well he performs.

But when I read about Washington, the articles are like:

Washington will start second-year QB Sam Howell who looks poised to build on his reps from last season and help the team take the next step.

You'd never guess that Howell was drafted two rounds after Ridder.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....HI MS M[WIT YO FINE SELF]NOW HOW BOUT DEM BOYZ...[HEHEHE] OL JERRY GOT HIM A NEW QB...HMMMMM...[i guess dak better be lookin over his shoulder]YOU BETTER PRAY THAT NOTHING HAPPENS TO DAK OR YOUR SEASON IS...OVA!!!
    Hello my Love. We still have Coop so if Dak goes down I'm not too worried. HOWEVER....as much as I like the new kid on the block, if Coop goes down I will have quite a bit of anxiety. We shall see

Yo Moe...I really didn't think Bosa would get his deal in time for Sunday's game so I gave your guys the win BUT....

He got a five year deal for 170 mil, 122.5 guaranteed. PLEASE, tell me the Terrible Towels are ready!!!!!!!

Hi Ms M, I think Bosa is a drama queen so he held this out for dramatic effect right before the game! Didn't surprise me one bit!!!

So.......are we ready? As you say: Damn Skippy!!!

You have a late game with the Giants Sunday night.

#Here We Go!!!!!!!

Good Morning Moe. I think Bosa is a diva and truth be told, he has a right to be I guess but the Bosa Family brand has always been about business and getting the $$$$. Will be interesting to see if his play this season matches up to what he received.

Glad to hear you feel your guys are ready, WILL NOT be pulling for the 49ers in any shape or form!!! lol

Yep, we play the Giants, looking forward to it!

Right you are about the Bosas.....but they can back it up.
    That's more than I can say for some.

I'm not a Nick Bosa fan. He and his racist girlfriend are the type of deplorables that I root against. With that being said, he's a really good player but I find it hard to believe he got that deal in the era where running backs are being hosed over so badly. Bosa's signing bonus is worth more than the yearly salaries of the top ten running backs in the league combined. Make it make sense.

Don't know anything about his girlfriend but I trust your take on the matter but I knew the Niners would give him whatever [[or close to) whatever he was asking and I knew it would make him the highest paid defensive player in the league. It's part of the Bosa's Family mentality.

I think Kyle will be sweating bullets all season this year since he thinks Purdy is their guy and Darnold is the next Steve Young [[his words) rolling my eyes.

YIPEEEEEEEEE
    Approximately 3 hours before the official kickoff of season 2023!!!!!!!

Who's ready for some football?

Kelce is a maybe but I've still got the Chiefs for a win. What say ye?

Kelce has been scratched and Chris Jones is noping out tonight. Brock Purdy playing for the smallest possible contract for a drafted player is why they were able to give Bosa his loot. Trading Lance to the Boyz saved the Niners $6.2 million, which I'm sure went right into Bosa's deal.

I heard they also restructured Kittel's deal and another vet who's name I can't remember.
    It's all beginning to make sense. Will it be worth it when it' all said and done? Time will tell but I'm betting against Kyle. LOL

Well, how bout that? Chiefs lose.........at home

Fake Punt
    No Kelce, no Chris Jones
    Aidan Hutchinson

...and questionable officiating favoring the Chiefs. Oh well.

Morning Ms M!

Yes, that, too!!!!!