[REMOVE ADS]

Page 106 of 134 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 116 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,300 of 6677

Thread: Yo... Moe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thoughts so far...
    Texans look better than I expected. I love their candy apple red helmets and random thought, sorry PC police but I thought JJ's Halloween costume was hilarious and I'm not a JJ fan!

More thoughts to come....LOL

Well, I'm very happy with my decision to start Dallas Goedert tonight. Very happy, indeed.

The Astros won, there's that!

I lost all interest in baseball when my Mets were eliminated. But from afar, it looks like the World Series is very competitive this year. Maybe I'll get back into MLB next season. I'm eagerly looking forward to Monday, when college hoops returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I lost all interest in baseball when my Mets were eliminated. But from afar, it looks like the World Series is very competitive this year. Maybe I'll get back into MLB next season. I'm eagerly looking forward to Monday, when college hoops returns.
    I haven't been into baseball since Deion Sanders was playing for the Braves. LOL

But because of the no hitter on Wed, and Thursday's game with MLB and NFL teams from the same cities playing, I did take interest and would really like to see Dusty Baker win a World Series as a coach.

The BIG GAME in these parts is Tennessee vs. Georgia tomorrow. I past one of UT's stores & they were selling everything football fast! I would like to see them do it.

I JUST HOPE THAT THE GOOD NEWS ABOUT OL DANNY BOY SELLING THE TEAM AIN'T A[HOOCH]HULLUCINATION, I AM WIDE AWAKE...i think?? ANYHOW THIS IS EXCITING AND FINALLY SOME HOPE FOR MY LONG SUFFERING TEAM..WHO KNOWS..GRADY MAY READ THIS AND GO LEGIT.....[like that's gonna happen, hehehehe]ANYHOW THERE IS HOPE, AND NOW FOR THE BAD NEWS...THOSE[nogoodcantplaydefensesorrybums]GIZZARDS GOT BLOWN OUT LAST NIGHT AT HOME TO A TEAM WITH KEVIN DURANT AND FOUR BENCHWARMERS...THIS TEAM AIN'T RIGHT....SIGH!!!

Go Vols!! Beat Georgia!!!!!!!

Sorry Moe, it's going to take a miracle for Tenn to win this one.

No miracle today at all, Ms M. They just didn't come to play.
    That's the way the season is going for me.......

Hasn't been a lot of good games today. Rooting for Notre Dame to beat Clemson and I almost always want the Irish to lose.

Dusty Baker has a world championship. Good for him.

Just walked in. Shout out to Dusty Baker and the Astros. YEAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!

Miami vs. Bears. THIS looks like it's going to be a really good game.

Oh dear. Blocked kick, I see ya Miami.

Someone riddle me this. James Brown, 71 years old and hair as black as coal????

OH MY....Justin Fields, 61 yard run for the TD!

Ugghhh… Miami gives up those plays in every game. Gave up three against the Ravens. This is why we can’t have good things.

But they need to find a way to stop Fields.

Geeze 'bout time they sack 'em!

Ouch!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the Dolphins Jerry. I know it was nerve wracking for you but I really enjoyed it!

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    Congrats on the Dolphins Jerry. I know it was nerve wracking for you but I really enjoyed it!
    I'm rooting for Justin Fields to be the best QB out of last year's draft. Just not when he's playing my team. How many times did he rollout to his right and gain 15-60 yards today? It was as if our defensive coordinator figured they wouldn't keep running the play since they did it already but why would you change something before the opponent stopped it? I've never seen a team fail to figure out such a basic concept.

I rank the game a and it would get 5 if we didn't manage to win.

By the way: Seattle's not a fluke. They're actually good right now. Looks like they won the Russell Wilson trade by a long shot.

Calm down, it's not over yet but it's a damn good game!!

Wow based on the score and time, thought the Falcons were going to go into OT.

And the Bills got beat by the Jets.

Congrats Jerry on the Dolphins, not so Falcons.

And what is happening with Aaron Rogers???

And what is happening with Aaron Rogers???
    "Peter Principle"

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    "Peter* Principle"
    *Or the Richard Principle. I'm enjoying him sink into deplorable mediocrity this season.

And did I see where Brady just threw a record 100k yards? Wow!

One of you called it, but Kirk Cousins broke out his infamous "You like that!" at the end of the Vikings' win over the Commanders.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...win-washington

Decent game last night....in OT & Mahomes passes for 446 yds.

I think it was Ms M who called it.

I thought the kid looked good in the first quarter but the Chiefs' adjustments didn't allow him to get set to make his throws. After they figured him out, they sold out the defense to stop Derrick Henry and the Titans had no offense. Looks like Tannehill's job is secure for now. Just saw some of the highlights of Atlanta's game and for the second week in a row, we tried really hard to give a game away and - surprise! - this time, we succeeded. You'd think that a guy who improbably likes two teams would pick one that didn't cause heartburn by watching, but no... I have to get two. SMH.

Won't be into tonight's game because college basketball tips off in a couple of hours. Heels up!

I was joking when I made the comment about Cousin's, didn't realize he was nerdy enough to follow through. HAHAHAHA

Last night's game was decent and I was glad Mahomes pulled it out but I was tired and kept nodding out.

Still on the fence about the best QB in Fields class but I must admit I was never impressed with Jones, haven't really watched a full game with Wilson or Lawrence and poor Lance has gotten a tough break {figuratively and literally}. I will say however, he {Fields} is the most athletic!

I'll watch the Raven's cause my pastor pulls for them and as much as I love the Tar Heels I'm still trying to get over the comments of Davis, plus I can't see UNC-Wilmington giving them any competition. Although I could be wrong.

Yeah, Hubert laid a colossal egg with that introductory presser. It was as cringe as Kobe's public attestation that his wife Vanessa was his "air" and "water" after he skated on the attempted rape charges. Keep that stuff between y'all, y'all. Nobody needs to see a grown man grovel or express his pride about how white his wife is.

With that being said, he put together the most satisfying non-championship season I experienced in 40 years of being a fan. He's a legend for sending K out with an L in his final game at Cameron and again in the Final Four. [I can't type that without smiling ear-to-ear, BTW. We now own the rivalry. Forever.]

HAHAHA
    I actually liked Coach K but if he had to go out of course it should have been the Tar Heels that did him in!

Yeah I would have been okay if he had simply said he was proud of the wifey and kiddies but the qualifiers he could have kept to himself especially, since the question was about the significance of him being the first Black coach.

Heineke threw into triple coverage and got away with it, he ain't the answer, just a second string ob, i like the kid[st juste]at corner...my christmas list is short...a new owner for my football team, a coach, some offensive linemen, a new stadium, and man oh man.....a quarterback...hey why is santa running away screaming????

It came off like those obviously Black but also mixed race folks who go way out of their way to tell you how proud they are to have a black and white parent. My bullsh** translator tells me that [a]they're not proud of being 'confused' with being 'fully' Black, [b]they think that the white blood makes them better, and [c]they don't know that self-designation to a particular race doesn't matter because the security guard following you around the department store has already made up his mind.

I get all twisted when considering race and sports. I was watching the Seahawks vs Cardinals game yesterday and it dawned on me [again] that most of those wealthy white folks who were lustfully cheering every big play that Kyler Murray and DeAndre Hopkins are going to the polls tomorrow to vote for an openly racist election denier who would make life much worse for peoples of color in Arizona. They love them until the uniform comes off; then, they just want them to not drive through their neighborhoods.

Hubert should have parsed his words better. I'm sure it's been used against him on the recruiting trail.

Hmmmm

If you have one parent who is White and one parent who is Black, why shouldn't you be proud of both? It's not as if you had a choice in the matter.

What about MLK's dream of being judged by the content of your character? Yeah, I know, we are a long way from that in this present climate but someone has to hold on to the idea/dream.

As a general rule mixed race children are placed in a rather messed up {my nice way of saying it} situation by people who feel they should choose to identify as one parent over another so I can understand why they may feel the are proud of both White and Black parent but Davis went totally off the rails with his remark!

What did his wife being White and his kids being mixed have to do with the significance of his position as a Black coach?
    Last edited by ms_m; 11-07-2022 at 06:11 PM.

Jerry, NOTHING surprises me anymore........absolutely NOTHING!

Are you still on Twitter? Did you see the UK Student?

With the exception of SDF I stopped using social media years ago. I still read post and check out other sites but I no longer participate. The only thing I care about at the moment is just how much deeper down the rabbit hole we may go after tomorrow. After that, one day at a time!!!!

Isn't Frank Reich the one that benched Matt Ryan?
    Ouch, talk about what goes around comes around!

How bout ex- Colt Jeff Saturday being named Colt's interim coach?

Just don't forget to VOTE TOMORROW!!!!!

I'm hoping the Saints win this one but wasn't expecting another red headed{former} Boyz QB to lead them. OVAY!

I did early voting!

Don't know anything about Saturday but I can't help but chuckle at Reich getting canned.

And I hope the Ravens smear the Stains in this game. I still don't know why people keep spelling their name the wrong way.

LOL... Your beef should be with the Bucs although I can understand why you have an issue with the SAINTS. hahahaha

....and just as I thought, no competition from Wilmington.

I'm glad they didn't put up much of a fight because we looked like a team trying to figure out how to play with each other. Which is bad since four of the five starters played together in 30+ games last season. Coach has lots of teaching points before the next game. Thankfully, we got a lot of "big school playing at home against little school" calls from the officials.

And guess who plays them Sunday? The Steelers do.....at home. I sure hope this bye week kicked some sense into the team. Well, there's nothing the fans can do about Matt Canada....shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    And guess who plays them Sunday? The Steelers do.....at home. I sure hope this bye week kicked some sense into the team. Well, there's nothing the fans can do about Matt Canada....shrug.
    Looks like I'm a Steeler fan for the week. After all, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

What do you guys think about Jeff Saturday replacing Frank Reich in Indianapolis? People wonder why the Rooney Rule doesn't work yet when the Jim Irsay needed an interim coach to replace the one he just fired, he ignored the entire staff [including several Black assistants] and hired a guy he liked [who just happened to be white]. Keep in mind, last week, the Dolts fired the highest ranking Black staff member for spurious reasons and now, the most logical interim coach is no longer with the team.

The wheels just keep on turnin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Looks like I'm a Steeler fan for the week. After all, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

What do you guys think about Jeff Saturday replacing Frank Reich in Indianapolis? People wonder why the Rooney Rule doesn't work yet when the Jim Irsay needed an interim coach to replace the one he just fired, he ignored the entire staff [including several Black assistants] and hired a guy he liked [who just happened to be white]. Keep in mind, last week, the Dolts fired the highest ranking Black staff member for spurious reasons and now, the most logical interim coach is no longer with the team.

The wheels just keep on turnin'...
    I wondered that, too. And I think it was a great opportunity that was definitely MISSED
    by Irsay. Or, did he do it on purpose? Irsay's agenda? I don't like it one bit.

Well, the Falcons play the Panthers on Thursday, so I can get 50% of my weekly stress out of my system three days early. And the Dolphins play the Browns on Sunday. Since I live in South Cleveland [when it comes to football, at least; with the Steelers struggling this year, it'll be North Cincinnati in a couple of weeks], it looks like I'll be able to watch that game without having to bootleg it. Life is good-ish.