Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
Interesting. He's still pretty young. I would think he wouldn't be in a hurry to leave but hey, money talks BS walks.
He's a coordinator and could get a chance to be a head coach. I don't know what world you live in, but most people don't pass up promotions...

And Jerry... Congrats on the division. We helped hand it to you on a platter and I will have to say I'd be disgusted if the Panthers got a bye at 11-5 because that is a sorry ass conference, but you guys got it. Your offense is amazing because of Julio, Shanahan the RBs and it's possible they can take you guys further than the last couple playoff appearances, but that defense is not ideal for playoff football, and I'd be somewhat shocked if they get past their first opponent, be it the Packers, Seahawks or Giants [[all are tough on D with offenses that will give your D trouble). And Matty Choke is a concern in the playoffs. Should be very interesting though.

These playoffs are going to be terrible in my opinion. I hope not but it just looks that way to me.

AFC has been handed to the Pats on a platter with other team's injuries. Steelers are fine but not a contender in my mind. Pretty much just Ben, Brown and Bell and they're not enough to make a playoff run. Chiefs are well rounded and could pose a threat but don't really excel anywhere. Raiders and Dolphins and Texans don't stand a chance with their QB situations, due to injuries [[outside of Houston). Patriots D is pitiful so it's possible they drop to one of these poor teams but I don't anticipate it, unfortunately.

NFC is a little more competitive but not much. Dallas' D has overperformed all year and that may not be the same in the playoffs. And better hope Dak Prescott the football player, not Dak Prescott the rookie, shows up, especially against tougher defenses. Run game is dominant though and that could propel them to the SB. Falcons I touched on up there. Seahawks are not going to be able to compete this year. Defense isn't what it used to be, without Earl Thomas, and offensive line is almost as bad as the Panthers' in 2014 and Vikings' this year. No run game and pass game is hot or cold there. May beat the Lions and even Falcons since they're lined up to play those two if they win the first, but highly doubt they get past Cowboys/Packers/Giants if they meet. Giants and Packers could both be a threat especially with Rodgers playing like the MVP and the Giants' D coming on strong and having already beaten the Cowboys twice. Packers D is tough and overachieving as well but is definitely suspect. Biggest asset is their rush defense in a theoretical matchup against Elliott and that dominant o-line in Dallas. Lions are the Lions and don't stand a chance. Would have rather seen the Skins make it.

All in all I'm anticipating Patriots vs Cowboys, Giants or Packers, most likely Cowboys. I'd love to see the Chiefs make it or the Lions but will mainly just be rooting against the Patsies, Seaturkeys, and Failcons. Hope all 3 are out 2 weeks from now so I will be able to watch the rest of the games in peace. Good luck to fans here of playoff teams aside from the 3 I mentioned.