[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Yo... Moe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm a huge football fan, but I would not permit a son to play it. People who complain about the over the top emphasis on safety need to realize how much worse things will become if OSHA gets involved. It ticks me off that the referees still miss too many calls. For example, Calais Campbell dove into Ryan Tannehill's knee last week and likely ended his season but was not penalized under the so-called Tom Brady Rule. I guess the Tom Brady Rule only protects Tom Brady.

If you have the opportunity, watch the PBS documentary called "League of Denial". It explains the events covered in "Concussion" in great detail, including how the league purposefully ruined the reputation and career of the doctor who first identified CTD.

The NFL lied to players about dangers associated with concussions. It's not a matter of common sense when highly paid and well respected neurosurgeons tell players that it's okay to run dirt on a head injury and return to the field. The remarkably cheap $800 million settlement is a one-time deal; current players will not have the ability to sue for CTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I'm a huge football fan, but I would not permit a son to play it. People who complain about the over the top emphasis on safety need to realize how much worse things will become if OSHA gets involved. It ticks me off that the referees still miss too many calls. For example, Calais Campbell dove into Ryan Tannehill's knee last week and likely ended his season but was not penalized under the so-called Tom Brady Rule. I guess the Tom Brady Rule only protects Tom Brady.

If you have the opportunity, watch the PBS documentary called "League of Denial". It explains the events covered in "Concussion" in great detail, including how the league purposefully ruined the reputation and career of the doctor who first identified CTD.

The NFL lied to players about dangers associated with concussions. It's not a matter of common sense when highly paid and well respected neurosurgeons tell players that it's okay to run dirt on a head injury and return to the field. The remarkably cheap $800 million settlement is a one-time deal; current players will not have the ability to sue for CTD.
    I'll look for the documentary. I do remember reading the Dr's rep was finally
    vindicated but only after several neurosurgeons including one from the Steelers I believe finally backed up his findings. From what I've read it's amazing the lengths the NFL not only went after the doctor but the film as well.

Here is my question. These findings first started coming out about 10 years ago if I'm not mistaken and as I stated before, older players were not aware but current players should be fully aware of what they could face in the long term and now the league has concussion protocols. With all the info out now, how could you win a case against the NFL unless, protocols were not being enforced...have there been any instances or hint of instances where they were not being enforced?