I wasn't going to share this on this forum but I will. My dad checked into the hospital at the end of October. At the time, he was given a COVID-19 test, which was negative. He was treated for weakness and was assigned to go to a rehabilitation center for therapy and short-term care. Per protocol before admission to the rehab facility, Pops was given another COVID test which proved to be positive. Two days later, he became symptomatic and less than a week later, he died.

Nobody else in my family has contracted it. The only place that Pops went prior to admission was for dialysis treatments and there have been no outbreaks at the kidney center [[which has tight protocols) nor with the ambulance service that transported him. I can't say with certainty that he caught it in the hospital but I'm pretty sure that has to be the source.

This thing is deadly. It's sneaky as hell and nothing to play around with, particularly if you are in the groups that are most affected by it. I keep telling people that wearing masks is important but it's equally important to avoid being in the presence of unmasked people. One unmasked and asymptomatic person in an enclosed area like a jet [[private or not) can infect dozens. My family is heartbroken because somebody, somewhere didn't take this thing as seriously as he/she should have.

My dad hadn't even seen my face for the last five months of his life because I refused to remove my mask in his and Mom's house for fear of transmitting it. He wore a mask everywhere he went [[I know because I took him most to most of them). And he still got it. Good job, America. It's not enough that you are full of selfish and inconsiderate attention whores who profess not to care about their own health and welfare because they either don't believe the Coronavirus is real or because they think that they're young and healthy enough to survive it. You had to be ignorant and uncaring to the point that a good man paid the price in the first and only opportunity that he catch it. Which just happened to be in the last place that he should have caught it.