[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Yo... Moe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    I'm curious, does Mac Jones fit into that mode? The rumor is that's who he really wanted but was told, coerced, forced or whatever into taking Trey.
    Beats me. By the time Kyle got to Atlanta, he was probably Ryan's fourth or fifth coordinator. Ryan was Kyle's umpteenth QB. Personally, I think it was just a matter of the right coach being with the right QB at the right time. Quinn's single biggest error was bringing in a quality OC in Steve Sarkisian and instructing him to run Kyle's offense. Sark's offense would have been successful in Atlanta. You can't expect a coordinator to run another coaches offense because he won't have the experience to know when to call certain plays. It was unfair to Sark and the team.

And then, he brought in Dirk Koetter and told him to run Kyle's offense. Results were absolutely dreadful. Koetter has similar plays but tweaked them until they were neither Kyle's offense nor Dirk's. For example, Kyle ran an outside zone running scheme and Dirk ran a power rush offense. We didn't have the running backs or offensive linemen to run Dirk's offense. I knew it wouldn't work as soon as I heard Quinn wanted to run the same scheme. He should have hired McVey or Matt LeFluer, who were Shanahan's disciples.

I never thought the Niners were going to draft Jones because prevailing opinion was that he'd be available later. I do believe that Jones would have started the season over Jimmy G. If Trey Lance is a guy that Kyle thinks fits perfectly within his system, he shouldn't have swept Kaepernick off the team. Lance has a stronger arm, but he's not a more dynamic athlete than Kaep was and he probably won't ever be the leader that he was.

I'm trying not to go too far down the rabbit hole for a team I don't pull for but the comments from the Niners camp plus their fans are interesting. I don't put too much stock in a lot of it but when someone like Steve Young jumps into the fray my ears perk up. Time will tell how this plays out but a rookie is going to make rookie mistakes. That's just how it goes but the overpaid Jimmy G and his coach look more like rookies than Lance imo. DeMeco is showing serious promise though so there's that.
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-25-2021 at 07:47 AM. Reason: mispelled name

...and while I'm on an ituitive rant, will someone please give me my props for predicting that Superbowl 54 win for the Chiefs. LOL

Hey, better late than never

Wentz exploited all the Niners holes and issues. Good for him! Aiyuk could be a contender as well but if you listen to Shanny and Lynch he's toast....again something is strange in the Bay.

I read that Fred Warner said they were better than their record. LOL
    Even I'm not that delusional about my Boyz. When you suck you suck. Own it, improve and carry on.