[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Yo... Moe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    And the NFL tries to deny concussions, etc....
    Did you see where the Supreme Court had paved the way for players who have suffered from head injuries to start receiving $$ for compensation. The Court refused to even consider any more arguments from the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    And the NFL tries to deny concussions, etc....
    Did you see where the Supreme Court had paved the way for players who have suffered from head injuries to start receiving $$ for compensation. The Court refused to even consider any more arguments from the NFL.
    Ironically I was recently reading an article about the memory loss of Tony Dorsett. These hits [[especially to the head) are the reason for so many new rules over the last few years.

To be honest I'm torn Moe. I definitely think players need to be protected by rules and equipment but football is a rough and aggressive sport and players know that going in.

Now grant it the older ones didn't realize what the repercussions could be which is the reason for many of the suicides but still...other than educate players [[and I'm referring to professional players not kids [[who have parents or guardians who can veto their involvement in the sport) how do you regulate the game and still make it fun to play and watch?

Now understand, I'm not giving the NFL a pass on this issue but what is the answer?