Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
Yah, okay T. I'd suggest that [[s)Cam is overrated due to his inability to post consecutive winning seasons, but I'll leave the armchair general management to you. But as moe and ms_m stated, injuries are a part of the game. Did it matter to New England that Gronk got hurt last season? Yeah. But since they won, nobody cares. Consequently, had they lost, complaining about it would make it an excuse, not the reason. That's why game day squads have 47 players and not 22. You are as strong as you are with the weakest man on the field. Next man up. "

That's why you didn't hear me moan about Alex Mack playing the Super Bowl with a broken leg or about Ryan Schraeder being knocked out of the game. Nobody cares about who didn't play because the only thing that matters is who wins or loses. Again, I'd prefer to play them at full strength, but that goes for us as well as for them. We could play the "yeah, but..." game for many reasons.
We're not just talking about "win or lose" here. We're trying to analyze how good teams really are. And when you play a team that has an abnormal amount of impact injuries and suspension that has a huge impact on the game that cannot be ignored when trying to analyze the teams playing the game. It's not an excuse but the reality of the situation and it's all factored in when judging the performance.