[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Yo... Moe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The other problem though...although research is being done at UCLA to identify CTE while a person is still alive, it's still in the infancy stages although from what I read about Dorsett, the research did help to identify the probability of him being afflicted.

Do I believe the NFL should be more aggressive and proactive on this...hell yes but players today need to take responsibility too. I look at someone like Romo, although his injuries were not head related... still...he's made big bucks and at some point you need to stop and think, it's time to bow out. My health is more important than my desire to play... for whatever reason.

Then you have these guys coming from nothing and suddenly have million dollar contracts. In a way it sort of reminds me of the music biz back in the day when artists were getting ripped off left and right...yet you still had artist from the next generation that didn't bother to educate themselves on the BIZ.

Just found the link on youtube to the documentary. Only 30 mins in and I had to put it on pause. [[Just finished listening to the Troy Aikman concussion incident)
    Last edited by ms_m; 12-13-2016 at 09:07 PM. Reason: more observations