[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Yo... Moe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Jerry Oz, what was I telling you? This is the type of shit to expect as a fan of shitty teams and organizations. Be happy when the clock is zero and the game is won and don't expect a win beforehand. Then you can avoid insane disappointment like this. I disliked both teams equally but at least as a football fan that was an epic game.
    I'm surprised you watched it. If I had your viewpoint, I'd either grab the nuts of a great team and organization or stop watching football. But thanks for offering your opinion. I look forward to sweeping the Panties again next season and getting my hopes up, even though it is futile to think that one team can beat another. LOL.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I'm surprised you watched it. If I had your viewpoint, I'd either grab the nuts of a great team and organization or stop watching football. But thanks for offering your opinion. I look forward to sweeping the Panties again next season and getting my hopes up, even though it is futile to think that one team can beat another. LOL.
    Yeah figured I'd just sit with the family and watch [[all Pats fans, I live in Boston, and 1 Falcons fan which was absolutely brutal for me and him with the Pats gaggling) and am glad I did just because of how historic it was [[same with watching the Pats Seahawks SB who I hate both of equally).

At the end of the day it's just a game. I love watching the Panthers play whether they win or lose. I obviously prefer to win but never let myself get pissed or disappointed with losses, even ones like our two SB losses which were brutal after magical seasons. Looking forward to next year when you guys have a season like ours last year after our terrible loss in 50. Maybe the Panthers will be like the Broncos and get it two years later and heck maybe you guys get SB LIII...

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    At the end of the day it's just a game. I love watching the Panthers play whether they win or lose. I obviously prefer to win but never let myself get pissed or disappointed with losses, even ones like our two SB losses which were brutal after magical seasons. Looking forward to next year when you guys have a season like ours last year after our terrible loss in 50. Maybe the Panthers will be like the Broncos and get it two years later and heck maybe you guys get SB LIII...
    You're 100% right. It's just a game. I found out yesterday that my dad fell down for the second time in two weeks. I enjoy watching football as an escape but it's not my life. And although I expected a win tonight and the loss stings, I'm less concerned about football than my folks' well being. If it's ever not fun, then I'll find something to do that is.

As for the suggestion that we will pull a total tank job like Cam and the Newtonaires, I offer up this selection for my main man, thomas96:

thomas96 Guest
    You're 100% right. It's just a game. I found out yesterday that my dad fell down for the second time in two weeks. I enjoy watching football as an escape but it's not my life. And although I expected a win tonight and the loss stings, I'm less concerned about football than my folks' well being. If it's ever not fun, then I'll find something to do that is.

As for the suggestion that we will pull a total tank job like Cam and the Newtonaires, I offer up this selection for my main man, thomas96:
    I hope and pray your father is alright.

Better to invest time and energy into things you can control in your life but watching football for like 8 hours a week for me for entertainment is reasonable so yeah I agree. Part of the reason I don't follow other sports very closely is I couldn't watch all the games or even like half of them over a year. Just too much to invest in. Football is 16 plus possibly a couple more every year and that's it to follow my team. And I just like the sport better than basketball, baseball and hockey. Used to love basketball but stopped watching a while ago. Loved those Pistons and Bulls teams in the 90s, lost interest after that.

Well we shall see. It'll be a long offseason that's for sure, for all football fans. Got great records to listen to and some skiing and then fishing and camping in the meantime. I will say you guys have a lot of young talent and will likely be competitive for a while. But the Super Bowl hangover is very real so it may not be until 2018. Will be really interesting to see how Shanahan's departure impacts the offense. Defense should be improved with draft and FA and young players improving and coaching staff in place. Should be another fun rivalry between us next year. Hope it's us taking the division back but I guess I'd rather you guys than the Aints. Bucs will hopefully remain irrelevant.

thomas96 Guest
    Haven't been around these forums in a long time. I came back to discuss soul music and wandered over here and completely forgot this thread! Looks like "Panties" got 1-0 right now and on their way to a sweep and the playoffs! Matty Ryan still choking! Too bad the damn 'Aints fans can take their paper bags off now, can't believe they have actually looked good recently.