[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes - Classic Years Compilation

A relatively new Supremes compilation called "The Classic Years". Not sure if it is only available in Canada? As I am unable to find it elsewhere. Nothing new, but I thought it was interesting since it seems to be a non-Universal release and it is a re-packaging of the "Where Did Our Love Go" album. I hope this doesn't mean that there will be a flood of Where Did Our Love Go reissues just like the Meet the Supremes bootlegs?

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/the-sup.../6000196717527

Actually the cover art is very well done!!! It will be interesting to see where else this CD pops up for sale. Walmart in Canada does not mail elsewhere.
    Last edited by longtimefan; 05-09-2017 at 12:59 AM.

Interesting release, as the WHERE DID OUR LOVE GO album isn't in the public domain. Perhaps Universal leased it as a Walmart exclusive.

When will Where Did Our Love Go be in the public domain?

Not for years & years as it's been re-issued.

Quote Originally Posted by aarondillon2011@gmail.com View Post
    When will Where Did Our Love Go be in the public domain?
    I think, not until 2034.

Well I suppose thats a good thing and a bad thing. Ive been hoping to get compilation albums from certain artists from 1963/1964 that have singls that have never been on cd like Paul Anka, Connie Francis, Bobby Vinton...ect....I doubt by the time 2034 rolls around ill still be collecting cds and downloading music.

nice cover art.thanks

Has anyone who does not live in Canada found a way to get this CD? Apparently, the Canadian Walmart organization does not ship outside of their country. Thanks! :-)

Possible solution. According to the WM listing, the brand for this item is Anderson Merchandisers. So I went to www.google.ca and found that they have a web site www.amerch.com. Within this web site is a CONTACT icon. Perhaps if you would send in a request through this they might be more accommodating than WM. Everyone knows that WM is not the most accommodating business to deal with.

Still trying to find a way to obtain this in America. Unbelievable!

longtimefan: check your PM