[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I'm going to find out how much it weighs in a jiffy bag and then see how much it will costs to mail to the USA.

So to those people that have asked me........hold fire.
    Do you know if there will there be any customs import charges payable before delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by motownjohnny View Post
    Do you know if there will there be any customs import charges payable before delivery?
    Outside the UK I would have no idea.

When I imported books from America, I didn't have to pay customs. When I imported CD's from Japan, I did pay duties.

You should be able to check with your company's tax authorities.

Will I be able to buy a copy at 2nd December event?

Yes, the book will be for sale, just as it was last week at Belper, Derbyshire...

Wayne

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1735...?ref=bookmarks

Here is some good news for you folks in America.

2 of my US friends have ordered a copy from Modus direct. Here are details from an email

Sender: modusarchive@yahoo.co.uk

Email written by: FRAZER

Thank you very much for your email. If it's a single book that you are looking to purchase, the cost will be £24.95 GBP, plus either economy shipping at £8.95 or tracked and signed for at £15.95. both via Royal Mail.

Since our website appears to be having some problems processing orders from overseas customers at present, in the interest of simplicity I could send a Paypal invoice to cover the cost of purchase and your chosen delivery option, if you could let me know your preference.

Modus have agreed to accept a cheque for this book, £28.90 in the UK

Fantastic! Thank you, John!!!

I just emailed Modus. They responded very quickly and told me that their glitch in the website is now fixed. International orders are up and running. I ordered 2 copies!

I am glad you got there in the end John! Those who already have it are really pleased with the contents.

I am so pleased for the author Keith. He has put together a couple of books in the past but I think this one is doing well for him. I sincerely hope so because I know he works real hard and with the same enthusiasm he had when he started.

I got a copy of it today....it's FABULOUS

It reminds me of the old days when we used to rely on snippets of information and a photograph here and there. It's all put together in a thick paperbook.

I love it.

The guys that I know who ordered it will surely love it too.

I have got my doubts about the picture of "Doris Troy". In that photo, it does look like Doris Troy but I have now seen a direct facial shot which makes me doubt Doris. I can't post this facial shot.

Come on...now who has the book.

I KNOW who has the book.....lololol

Mine came a few minutes ago! Just skimmed through it so far.

Well that didn't take long did it! Are you pleased? There is a lot in there

I'm pleased so far. I might not get to it all until Friday. Too much cooking, eating, drinking and sleeping tomorrow!

I am glad you got there in the end John! Those who already have it are really pleased with the contents.

I am so pleased for the author Keith. He has put together a couple of books in the past but I think this one is doing well for him. I sincerely hope so because I know he works real hard and with the same enthusiasm he had when he started.
    I'd like to buy Groovesville but at £126 on Amazon I'm afraid that won't happen😤

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    I'd like to buy Groovesville but at £126 on Amazon I'm afraid that won't happen��
    Can't you ask Keith direct....on Facebook for example

Good news..Modus have copies of Groovesville and £30 [[inc p&p) will get you a copy.
    Received Hitsville this morning, and it's wonderful to see all this memorabilia.

Looking at these early advertisements and promotional , features etc brings back fond memories. When I was in the Boys Brigade, we collected old newspapers to trade in for cash to raise funds...tons of the stuff. I used to extract all the music papers and clip out the Tamla Motown ads and stick into scrapbooks...many of these articles were fairly old ad people hung on to their old papers. But this was about 1968 and did not cover the period in the Hitsville book. So it's great to see the early days...

Don't forget, Modus will accept cheques...don't delay...

Great news Snakepit.

Hello all, I designed the Hitsville book and worked with Keith on putting it together.

Out of interest, I agree that the picture may be Doris Troy. On Google, there are pictures of Doris taken in the UK in 1965 by a photographer called Chris Walters. Doris certainly looks like the lady sitting on Dave's bed.

At the time of the Marvelettes' visit, Doris appeared at the Flamingo supporting Geno Washington and performed on BBC's radio shows Saturday Club and Top Gear, so she was certainly in the capital.

We came to the conclusion it was Georgeanna because of the sequence of the original negatives.

Anyway, hope it hasn't spoiled the book too much!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Russell View Post
    Hello all, I designed the Hitsville book and worked with Keith on putting it together.

Out of interest, I agree that the picture may be Doris Troy. On Google, there are pictures of Doris taken in the UK in 1965 by a photographer called Chris Walters. Doris certainly looks like the lady sitting on Dave's bed.

At the time of the Marvelettes' visit, Doris appeared at the Flamingo supporting Geno Washington and performed on BBC's radio shows Saturday Club and Top Gear, so she was certainly in the capital.

We came to the conclusion it was Georgeanna because of the sequence of the original negatives.

Anyway, hope it hasn't spoiled the book too much!
    It got people talking about it.....that's gotta be a good thing!

It got people talking about it.....that's gotta be a good thing!
    ...and we might even prove that it is Georgeanna!

David Bell who sent us a Mary Wells Fan Club membership card for inclusion in the book has sent the picture to Gladys Horton who is 99% sure the lady in question is Georgeanna. Gladys is going to check with somebody else who knew Georgeanna well to confirm.

David Bell who sent us a Mary Wells Fan Club membership card for inclusion in the book has sent the picture to Gladys Horton who is 99% sure the lady in question is Georgeanna. Gladys is going to check with somebody else who knew Georgeanna well to confirm.
    With all due respect, isn't Ms. Horton deceased?

I still believe it is indeed Doris Troy [[and not Georgeanna Tillman) in that photo. From most things I've read and seen, the Marvelettes were a trio by the time of their first trip overseas. I've never seen any photos suggesting Georgeanna might have come along on that trip. However that doesn't mean she didn't. That said, perhaps someone could get in touch with Katherine Schaffner, who could confirm.

David has asked me to point out that it was Annette of the Vandellas who he contacted.......he doesn't have a direct line to heaven ......well not yet!

Thank you, John, for helping me out with that mistaken name. I've at last remembered my password and so can post again after a long while of silence!

Apologies for the Gladys Horton error. I got the story second hand and should have checked/thought before I posted.