[REMOVE ADS]

Chuck jackson - are you lonely baby...

Not sure if I have put this clip in the right Forum?

This is the right forum and this is a great video and find. "Are You Lonely For Me" was a track on Chuck's "Going Back To Chuck Jackson" Motown album as well as being released as a single. Excellent. I've always known it as "Are You Lonely For Me Baby" and some CD releases do show that title.
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 10-02-2016 at 01:11 PM.

Recorded in Detroit, released by Motown, posted here on the Motown Forum - and not seen before by me.

I'd say you have certainly done the right thing, soulpassion.

Thanks so much. Great to see more clips of the awesome Chuck Jackson. I believe I read that Chuck wanted to record this song but it ended up going to Freddie Scott so when he got to Motown he finally did a version.

Quote Originally Posted by soulpassion View Post
    Not sure if I have put this clip in the right Forum?
    You put it in the right forum and thank you so much for this great memory and great song!

Chuck Jackson, what a powerful singer. Amazingly, he still has it today!!!

Motown really dropped the ball on this one. Chuck Jackson knows how to sell a song and this one should have been a big hit!

I remember reading an interview with Chuck and he was not pleased with his Motown experience.

Chuck Jackson's recordings with Motown were of an extremely high quality, and it was unfortunate that they did not receive the success that they deserved. "The Motown Anthology" is an essential CD to own.

I LOVE this smoooooth track from 1968...

Background vocals by The Spinners, who had recorded their own version of the song two months earlier...but only after The Temptations had first recorded theirs, a year previously.

Of the three, at least Chuck Jackson's version was released at that time, but quite a number of his tracks were recorded by other, and often bigger name acts.

That was Motown's policy, but it would likely have disappointed Chuck, as it did Gladys Knight & The Pips.

How come I've never heard this sparkling rendition of The Four Tops classic? Can't see it was ever issued......not even on the anthology....shame, it's really good.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-rV8n7AtyaQ

honest man Guest
    Listening to Chuck'S big NY City soul cd. ACE new release ,BRILLIANT,lOVE Chuck.the best,cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    How come I've never heard this sparkling rendition of The Four Tops classic? Can't see it was ever issued......not even on the anthology....shame, it's really good.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-rV8n7AtyaQ
    Hi Mike...its on the ACE/KENT CD "Motown Guys".

Picked up his 'Motown Anthology' recently at the bargin price of £4.99: -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anthology-C...8781677&sr=8-1

Well worth getting hold of if you don't have it already!

Cheers

Paul