[REMOVE ADS]

Question for Diana Ross Experts

The following is from Donna Summer's Wikipedia page:

"I Feel Love" has been covered and sampled many times, by artists such as 2 Unlimited, Bette Midler, Blondie, Britney Spears, David Guetta, Diana Ross, Darren Hayes, Franz Ferdinand, Kylie Minogue, Madonna, Moby, Moloko, Mylo, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Robbie Williams, Stuart Price, violinist Vanessa-Mae and Whitney Houston.

Can any of you substantiate that Diana ever sampled or covered "I Feel Love"? Of course, I realize how unreliable Wiki is. The only possibility that I can think of is "Lovin', Livin', and Givin'," which is more IFL-inspired than it is an outright sample.
    Last edited by sansradio; 09-12-2016 at 12:24 AM.

perhaps in concert but nothing I can remember that was recorded although they were friends.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    perhaps in concert but nothing I can remember that was recorded although they were friends.
    I am not aware of Diana having recorded or sample IFL.I do know that Diana was a huge admirer of Donna and confessed once how jealous she was of her success, and Donna also greatly admired Diana. I met Donna twice and found her to be a thoroughly engaging lady who was happy to talk about all aspects of her life and career.I was greatly saddened by her passing.

I don't think she ever did. Unless she did it at concert. Wikipedia likes to add in extra info. I've no recollection of Diana covering this or any other Donna Summer song. But I would've love to see her take on it. She did a great cover of I Will Survive.

Ross at the time of 'Love Hangover' expressed her distaste for disco records in regard to her making them, so I can't imagine such a thing happening

Thanks, everyone. Your responses all jibe with what I know to be true. Things like this make me want to start a Wikipedia account just to fix or challenge them.

Haha, I always edit pages on there. Maybe I should go over there and take her name off if it hasn't been taken off already?

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Haha, I always edit pages on there. Maybe I should go over there and take her name off if it hasn't been taken off already?
    Go for it, I say!

I think they were referring to the soundtrack to TGIF....where as Diana contributed Lovin Livin Givin

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I think they were referring to the soundtrack to TGIF....where as Diana contributed Lovin Livin Givin
    That's my feeling, too, daviddh. If so, it's misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    Ross at the time of 'Love Hangover' expressed her distaste for disco records in regard to her making them, so I can't imagine such a thing happening
    Her personal favourites were dramatic ballads and catchy pop ditties, but she did love the uptempo tunes on THE BOSS album which signalled her career rebirth after a couple of messy years.