[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    This one did make it to #1 on the R&B charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    This one did make it to #1 on the R&B charts.

Luciano, I went to see the Independents in concert in March of 1973 at what would be my High School. They were a brand new group and they were spectacular! This song "Leaving Me" was one of my favorites in 1973 and it still sounds great. Thank you!

Now here are some baddd sistas here! The Pointer Sisters doin' it back in 1975!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Now here are some baddd sistas here! The Pointer Sisters doin' it back in 1975!

Hi agian, Marv!

You have made me a "revival" when at my 14 - 15 years old I purchased one of my first vynils 8in fact this was my first COMPILATION by VVAA): "Soul Food [[Soul a la Carta)" by ABC distributed here in Spain by Discos Mediterráneo / Movieplay. How I enjoyed every one of the tracks wich I remember exactly by memory!!

- "Chocolate Chip" - Isaac Hayes
    - "It's Yours To Have" - Freda Payne
    - "How Long" - Pointer Sisters
    - "Everlasting Love" - Carl Carlton
    - "It's Fooling You" - The Dramatics
    - "Time" - Mighty Clouds Of Joy
    - "Original Midnight Mama" - Sylvia Smith
    - "Fighting To Keep My Head Above water" - Frankie Redmond
    - "Warning" - Clarence Carter
    - "You Got The Love" - Rufus feat. Chaka Khan
    - "I Get Off On You" - Lydia Pense & Cold Blood
    - "Theme from SWAT" - Rhythm Heritage
    - "Three Steps From True Love" - Billy Davis, Jr.
    - "Reach For The Moon [[Poor People) - Angelo Bond
    - "Disco Connection" - Isaac Hayes
    - "Loving Time" - Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis, Jr.

Every track, IMHO, was the bomb! grace to that compilation I discovered The Dramatics, Angelo Bond and others and purchase more and more new albums!

Thanks for the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    Hi agian, Marv!

You have made me a "revival" when at my 14 - 15 years old I purchased one of my first vynils 8in fact this was my first COMPILATION by VVAA): "Soul Food [[Soul a la Carta)" by ABC distributed here in Spain by Discos Mediterráneo / Movieplay. How I enjoyed every one of the tracks wich I remember exactly by memory!!

- "Chocolate Chip" - Isaac Hayes
    - "It's Yours To Have" - Freda Payne
    - "How Long" - Pointer Sisters
    - "Everlasting Love" - Carl Carlton
    - "It's Fooling You" - The Dramatics
    - "Time" - Mighty Clouds Of Joy
    - "Original Midnight Mama" - Sylvia Smith
    - "Fighting To Keep My Head Above water" - Frankie Redmond
    - "Warning" - Clarence Carter
    - "You Got The Love" - Rufus feat. Chaka Khan
    - "I Get Off On You" - Lydia Pense & Cold Blood
    - "Theme from SWAT" - Rhythm Heritage
    - "Three Steps From True Love" - Billy Davis, Jr.
    - "Reach For The Moon [[Poor People) - Angelo Bond
    - "Disco Connection" - Isaac Hayes
    - "Loving Time" - Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis, Jr.

Every track, IMHO, was the bomb! grace to that compilation I discovered The Dramatics, Angelo Bond and others and purchase more and more new albums!

Thanks for the memories.
    You can have a party with just that record right? You mentioned Angelo Bond. He is a great singer and songwriter out of Detroit. He recently produced a song for Mary Wilson for still unreleased CD "Life's Been Good to Me"!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You can have a party with just that record right? You mentioned Angelo Bond. He is a great singer and songwriter out of Detroit. He recently produced a song for Mary Wilson for still unreleased CD "Life's Been Good to Me"!
    Of course, Marv! Many times I played this entire LP at the local radio - station of my town on my soul music program "Negre i Rosa" [[RCA, first half of the 80's). Some times I played 4 or 6 compilations of VVAA LP's, two turntables and along 1 hour, combining albums two by two [["Soul Food" with my favorite, "Time" by Mighty Clouds Of Joy, "Soul Train Super Tracks" with my favorite "A Mother For My Children" by The Whispers; "Let's Clean Up The Gheto" with my favorite "Now Is The Time To Do It" by Teddy;...). And about Angelo Bond, I purchased the "Bondage" album with the gem "Goodbay My Love"!

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    Of course, Marv! Many times I played this entire LP at the local radio - station of my town on my soul music program "Negre i Rosa" [[RCA, first half of the 80's). Some times I played 4 or 6 compilations of VVAA LP's, two turntables and along 1 hour, combining albums two by two [["Soul Food" with my favorite, "Time" by Mighty Clouds Of Joy, "Soul Train Super Tracks" with my favorite "A Mother For My Children" by The Whispers; "Let's Clean Up The Gheto" with my favorite "Now Is The Time To Do It" by Teddy;...). And about Angelo Bond, I purchased the "Bondage" album with the gem "Goodbay My Love"!
    Manny, all of those tracks are great and I would love to be able to hear them again here in the US in a club setting. Now all we get is Hip Hop it seems.