[REMOVE ADS]

Velvelettes at R&B Hall Of Fame

Beautiful quality too

They always sound great. Still sound like they did on the original recording.

Wow! That bluesy off-stage opening is worthy of Aretha. They sound and look great, and what a difference an extra voice makes to the background vocals. They are Really Sayin' Somethin'. Wonderful. Thanks for posting this TBFXT, and for tending this particular flame so dillegently.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post

Beautiful quality too
    Fabulous, fabulous. John, what's the left to right of the girls, with Cal obviously right.
    They're one of only a few hit-making groups of the 60s with the original line-up still alive, and performing regularly.
    The UK's Hollies are all survivors, with original Tony Hicks and drummer Bobby Elliott, who's been with them more than 50 years, still touring constantly.
    Any others spring to mind?

The line up is ALWAYS the same

L-R Bertha - Norma - Milly....and Cal starts on the right and moves across the stage. Cal also directs the orchestra.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpmoves View Post
    Wow! That bluesy off-stage opening is worthy of Aretha. They sound and look great, and what a difference an extra voice makes to the background vocals. They are Really Sayin' Somethin'. Wonderful. Thanks for posting this TBFXT, and for tending this particular flame so dillegently.
    It sometimes upsets me a little that they are still so under rated because they are still on top of their game. I love them.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    It sometimes upsets me a little that they are still so under rated because they are still on top of their game. I love them.
    Couldn't agree with you more John. The ladies are still absolutely brilliant!!

Ivor

Oh I love it
    Thanks John for sharing.

Lookin an soundin good as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Lookin an soundin good as ever.
    The prove you can remain friends throughout the decades.