[REMOVE ADS]

Lyrics Question: Forever Came Today/The Happening

FOREVER CAME TODAY
    When Diana sings with the Andantes, in the second verse they are singing what is clearly words in between "Ah's."

But when Mary and Cindy sing it on the Ed Sullivan Show, their version of the vocals at that part is just "Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh" with no actual words at all. Not to mention they sing "At laaa-aaast" instead of "at last at last."

Does anyone know / can anyone tell what the Andantes sing in that part ? I think it's "Aaaaaaaah forever came today // -- something something something // aaaaah forever came today // something something something"

THE HAPPENING
    Also, a bonus question, for The Happening, do Mary and Flo sing "beware the Happening" in the background? Because I swear it sounds like "beware the happy" even from how their lips move live. And when Diana says crumbling down/tumbling down [[she sings the phrase differently in the demo) do they say "coming down"?

Thanks!!!

Forever came Today BG Vocals for Second Verse:

"Ahhhhh, Got My Man At Last, My My MY My Loneliness Has Passed..."

Quote Originally Posted by imakicola View Post
    FOREVER CAME TODAY
    When Diana sings with the Andantes, in the second verse they are singing what is clearly words in between "Ah's."

But when Mary and Cindy sing it on the Ed Sullivan Show, their version of the vocals at that part is just "Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh" with no actual words at all. Not to mention they sing "At laaa-aaast" instead of "at last at last."

Does anyone know / can anyone tell what the Andantes sing in that part ? I think it's "Aaaaaaaah forever came today // -- something something something // aaaaah forever came today // something something something"

THE HAPPENING
    Also, a bonus question, for The Happening, do Mary and Flo sing "beware the Happening" in the background? Because I swear it sounds like "beware the happy" even from how their lips move live. And when Diana says crumbling down/tumbling down [[she sings the phrase differently in the demo) do they say "coming down"?

Thanks!!!
    For the backing vocals on 'The Happening', I believe they're saying "beware the Happening".

I think for Happening they're singing "beware of the Happening" but the "of the" is almost contracted to 1 word

Thanks so much!!!!!!