[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross Swept Away Live!

This is the first time I have seen this sung live. Ross is in fine voice but the
    production is too vegasy! If they had made it a little slower and had the backgrounds pumped up it would have been a good song but it is rushed like the old Motown productions when they were live at the Roostertail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2imbH...eature=related

smark21 Guest
    Yeah, that's a frantic, rushed performance. I just found a performance of Touch by Touch. Her 80's stuff is just not in the same league as her Supremes and 70's material, by and large.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1pAk...eature=related

I thought Touch By Touch at The American Music Awards was a good performance..she dropped Swept Away,Forever Young and Touch by Touch from her set almost immeadiatley if memory serves me correct..

Nomis you were reading my mind! I was about to type the same thing about the AMA's she was awesome on that show especially when she did Chain Reaction. Remember the boots and the brown skirt and jacket I hadnt seen her look that CHIC in a long time. Musically in the 80s she was not at her peak that honor goes to her Motown years but in concert and her looks she was at her peak in the late 70s and all of the 80s. Im not a huge Diana Ross fan I am more of a Supremes fan but in the 70s I couldnt get enough of her she lost me in the 80s as far as buying her albums. I will always claim that her Ceasars Palace concert was the best thing she ever did along with An Evening with Diana Ross.

miss_lish Guest
    Touch by Touch was a good performance; however, not the best song she ever made.

always loved Touch By touch since I first heard it as a teenager love everything from Swept Away LP except that god damn awful tragic worst song she EVER sang We Are The Children Of World..havent heard that in years nor do I ever want to hear it again in my life..absolute garbage aargh a classic Diana-what -were- you-thinking ? moment..

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    except that god damn awful tragic worst song she EVER sang We Are The Children Of World
    lol. So true. Even her vocals on this song sound so uncomfortable. They should have replaced this track with "Fight For It".

If you think "We Are The Children Of The World" is tragic [[and do agree it is) you should have seen the video. It looked like it cost about $1.98 to film. Oy! You right Carlo "Fight For It" should definitely been on the album instead, it's a great song.

Do you think it was worse than Girls?????

Not so sure on that one myself although Children may have not aged very well.

miss_lish Guest
    Miss Lish was loathe to mention Girls! ;o)

I wonder if Diana ever performed, "That's How You Start Over" live in concert? That's my absolute favourite.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miss_lish View Post
    Touch by Touch was a good performance; however, not the best song she ever made.
    I agree though it's a tad odd she performed that song to open the 1987 AMAs when it was an album track from an album that was a couple years old by that point.

smark21 Guest
    No That's How You Start Over performance clips on youtube, but here's a "live" performance of Pieces of Ice from Central Park:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ijyF4tL8GM

Love Will Make It Right was my favorite.

Koack,i'm with you on,Love Will Make It Right,this is a great production.
    Please stay positive

..years and years ago i was in a secound hand record shop and saw a "7 single of "Thats How You Start Over" so it must have been released in New Zealand and Australia as a single..it had a red Capitol label and no picture sleeve..I should have bought it

love everything from Swept Away LP except that god damn awful tragic worst song she EVER sang We Are The Children Of World..havent heard that in years nor do I ever want to hear it again in my life..absolute garbage aargh a classic Diana-what -were- you-thinking ? moment..
    That is so true.

Clip has been taken down

Wow that was fast.

Swept Away was in the act at Radio City accompanied by that video. It was much slower than a clip I saw from an Italian concert that clocked in at about 2 minutes.

Saw this tour toward the end of its run a few months later and there was nothing from the album even though the art work was the same as the album, not a smart choice.

Am a hue fan of the Steely Dan stuff from the Ross album. Right after that album came out she played Central Park and did Let's Go Up and Pieces of Ice but both were also dropped from the lineup soon after.

Enjoyed dancing to Swept Away in clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by miss_lish View Post
    Miss Lish was loathe to mention Girls! ;o)
    Okay, I actually LOVE "Girls"!

..years and years ago i was in a secound hand record shop and saw a "7 single of "Thats How You Start Over" so it must have been released in New Zealand and Australia as a single..it had a red Capitol label and no picture sleeve..I should have bought it
    First time I hear about it.

Anyone knows where can we find real credits of the album "Swept Away"? In the original lp the list of musicians was incomplete and not track by track.

___
    Last edited by Constantin; 02-27-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Hall and Oates just did a show in my town my friend told me they met the fans afterwards and had a drink with them..If I had known that I would have gone and asked Hall about "Swept Away"..and ive always wanted to know if "man eater" is Supremes inspired as the box set suggests..apart from "missing you" every track from the LP was dropped from her live set ayear later in favour of the new Gibb tracks.."swept Away" was somewhat of a frantic song anyway I cant imagine it being sung on stage anyother way..shes nearly tripping over her last sentence as she sings it..the opening with the synth drum kicking in over her breathless spoken words is great..but towards the end its like a battle between her and Hall to wail as many adlibs as possible..and what can you say about the video ? Diana - does - Days Of Our Lives..and when she fights with the rival for her love interest in the bar shes really pushing that woman..she aint playing around..ha ha

When I saw Diana when she toured Europe in 1985 on what was officially the Eaten Alive Tour she performed "Swept Away" [[twice, once as an encore), "Telephone", "Missing You", "Rescue Me" and "Touch By Touch". The Eaten Alive album had only just been released and she performed the title track and "More and More" [[with a lyric sheet) the night I went.

thanks Whitesoxx..there is a lack of footage circulating from the Eaten Alive tour so I never knew what she performed just presumed she dropped songs as was her tendency to do..lol they lasted longer than the "Workin Overtime" tracks did...