[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Mr. Hughes,

I apologize for my remark. I thought that you were hinting that it was on the docket for next year. I had assumed that the Motown Guys/Girls series had sold well enough to continue. If it's meant to be, then it will happen. If Ace or Universal have reservations, it will not.
    Well of course we want to do another Motown Girls, ma'am, and indeed the series sells well. I'm just saying there are some steps between wanting and getting. We [[I) don't tell you when we have an idea, and it gets turned down somewhere along the line. The reasons why that happens are many and various. We roll with it, and if a proposal fails, we try to come up with something different - which might include the same tracks we previously proposed, under a different project title!

When I write my autobiography, I'll list all the projects I've proposed that have been turned down, and why. I hope you hope, as I do, that I'll have better things than that to do for a long time to come ...

Thanks to everyone who's contributed info about Diana Ross' RCA years. I've wrongly overlooked them for many years. I even forgot I had a copy of "Why Do Fools Fall in Love" and have been listening to the album for the past few days. If you put it up against "diana" 1980 it doesn't sound as strong, but on it's own I think it's a fun album, and shows Ross trying something new. I've also added the rest of her RCA albums to my too long "To Buy" list.

RossHolloway Guest
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't George Solomon do a remix of Mary's single RedHot and it was played on Midnight Johnny's show? And if I recall correctly the remix was excellent!

I think there were only two songs on her first solo that I liked Pick Up The Pieces and Warm Summer Nights.....I think were the titles

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I think there were only two songs on her first solo that I liked Pick Up The Pieces and Warm Summer Nights.....I think were the titles
    I didn't mind THE LIGHT THAT GUIDES MY WAY but there was little else of quality on display i'm afraid.

started going through this string and the Where Ross Lead Single string to get a listing of canned/alt tracks for the various lps of Ross since 1981. for the RCA albums i not listing everything from the 2015 re-releases with single vs lp versions and 12" versions.

Why Do Fools & Silk Electric - other than Muscles, seems like these to lps were recorded through 81 and then made into 2 lps. Anyone know how much sits in the vaults in terms of other versions? there were unreleased versions of Fool For Your Love including an extended mix for single use.

Ross 83 - Bluebrock mentions 4 unreleased tracks. Another person listed Full Moon as a canned track.

Swept Away - what's still in vault?

Eaten Alive - Bluebrock mentions 2 canned tracks, one of which was a ballad

Red Hot R&B - unfinished track Try A Little Tenderness. Europe lp also had Mr Lee, Tell mama and Sweet soul music

then there are 2 projects/albums from the RCA era that were either not completed or canned. A "rock" lp from the time of Silk Electric that was recorded with some of the Kiss/Gene Simmons people and then a Harold Allen lp of standards

Working Overtime -

Force behind The Power

Take Me Higher - lots here
    Change of Heart
    When You Tell Me That you Love Me
    Battlefield
    Blame it on the Sun
    Heavy Weather
    Force Behind the Power
    Heart Don't Change my Mind
    Waiting in the wings - cassette single version in US
    One Shining Moment
    You're Gonna Love It - multiple remixes and edits on singles
    If We Hold On Together
    No Matter What you Do [[duet - on Europe version)
    you and I [[on Europe version)

Take Me Higher
    Take me Higher - multiple single remixes, cassette single version
    If you're not gonna love me right - Crenshaw remix
    voice of the heart - US and europe album mixes
    let somebody know - US album
    keep it right there - US and europe album mixes
    don't stop
    gone
    only love can conquer all
    i never loved a man before - Europe and US album mixes, unreleased mix, cassette single version
    i thought that we were still in love
    i will survive - "disco" version in motown vaults, In and Out movie version, various dance remixes
    swing it - europe album
    Soul Kiss - canadian single
    Too Many Nights - international B-side single
    I'm So Happy - international b-side single

Everyday is a New Day
    He Lives in You
    Love is all that Matters - brandy duet version and album version
    Until we meet again - album and Hex Hector mix, various other remixes
    got to be free
    not over you yet
    So they say
    every day is a new day
    sugarfree
    someone that you loved before
    hope is an open window
    carry on
    drop the mask - international single only
    free i'm gone - international single only
    Last edited by sup_fan; 09-02-2016 at 06:25 PM.

I did think that perhaps Fight For It was an out take from Ross 83 but I showed up as a B side.
    Full Moon, Maybe , Sleep With Me Tonight were the other 3 tracks that I am aware of.
    not sure who or why the other songs were changed out , but probably bot a good idea ,imo.
    I wasn't a fan of most of side 2

I think with the last release of Baby Its Me , tracks were found that Diana had recorded with Bonnie Pointers former husband and producer , I think his name is Jeff Bowen.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I think with the last release of Baby Its Me , tracks were found that Diana had recorded with Bonnie Pointers former husband and producer , I think his name is Jeff Bowen.
    Hopefully they will surface on Ross78.

mpn1jco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Hopefully they will surface on Ross78.
    With Ross 78 expanded, A Go Go, and the final 4 Motown albums expanded coming in the next one to two years there will be much for Ross fans to look forward to. Most of the legends are not releasing new product and I do not expect Ross to make a final comeback.
    I would like to see Ross, out of nowhere, appear on the Tonight show and sing a medley of songs from shows currently playing on Broadway.